General / Off-Topic The safest place

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I have not been following the thread assiduously so maybe this is not relevant but:

So they made an "official'" exception to something that they knew everyone would be doing on the sly anyhow, despite the fact that it absolutely fly's in the face of the science and the purpose of the quarantine (s).

Lancet study on Hydroxychloroquine across 671 hospitals worldwide, and a population of >96000 patients ( including control group) who got treated within 48 hrs of diagnosis:
The study cohort included 63 315 (65·9%) patients from North America, 16 574 (17·3%) from Europe, 7555 (7·9%) from Asia, 4402 (4·6%) from Africa, 3577 (3·7%) from South America, and 609 (0·6%) from Australia (details of the number of hospitals per continent are presented in the appendix, p 3). The mean age was 53·8 years (SD 17·6), 44 426 (46·3%) were women, mean BMI was 27·6 kg/m2 (SD 5·5; 29 510 [30·7%] were obese with BMI ≥30 kg/m2), 64 220 (66·9%) were white, 9054 (9·4%) were black, 5978 (6·2%) were Hispanic, and 13 519 (14·1%) were of Asian origin (appendix p 4

Results in short:
  • no benefit
  • increased deaths
  • increased cardiac problems
(Compared to controls.)

This is in agreement with the VA study. Significantly large cohort involved.
Strong evidence against using HOCQ for this purpose, at this dosage. It is hard to justify continuing to try something when the death rate goes up all over the world in many centres, confirmed by 2 studies now.

If it did work, by now we should be able to identify a real benefit vs the controls, but that has not materialized. This is disappointing, as we could really use a break in the fight.
This makes the prophylaxis trial look suspect. If it increases mortality, and some of that group gets the disease(say asymptomatically), is that study going to kill some of them?

(It is still undoubtably better than injecting disinfectant, and NO, I shall never let that one go. It is important to remember how colossally stupid the source of that is, and why it should be permanently discredited in order to save lives. )

(It is still undoubtably better than injecting disinfectant, and NO, I shall never let that one go. It is important to remember how colossally stupid the source of that is, and why it should be permanently discredited in order to save lives. )
The "stupidity" is in anyone actually thinking that's what was promoted. He spoke out of turn and provided the perfect sound bite for you guys to run with, I'll grant you that, but anyone who interpreted that as him suggesting people drink disinfectant is just plain goofy.

Of course they can.

I can only speak for myself but I've never criticised 'America' on here to my knowledge. I've criticised some Americans for sure (mainly the one we can't refer to) but I've been equally critical of his British counterpart, his British counterpart's previous opposite number who was an utter clown in my opinion, and many, many others.

I'm pretty sure I've said this before on here but having visited your fair country, my impression of Americans is that they're no more (or less) likely to have praiseworthy or negative traits than any other group of 10 or more people that you could find, from any single country or a selection of countries. Some are idiots, some are not, same as Brits and any other nationality you could name.
Red, I'm speaking to other's here who happen to be reading our exchanges, not just you. I know that you were joking, and personally I thought it was funny. But there are others who aren't joking and take every opportunity possible to create negativity and that's where my comments are aimed more so than you which is why I've hit the "like" button on your last few posts.

Jason have you found that source yet?
Not planning on writing an essay for you Leo. There's plenty of info floating around and you know as well as I do that you don't want to discuss it, you just want to see who I'm quoting and go straight to attacking them like your Dr. Shiva "hair dryer" angle. I'd go so far as to say there's so much stuff floating around that paints the Gates' as ominous characters that the burden in all honesty should be placed on proving that they aren't bad actors. Like I said before I'm happy to have a discussion, but that involves both parties acting in good faith and since you literally never act that way rationale discussion and the exchange of ideas is impossible.

Probably for the best if its one of your long ones. I'd imagine your neck would not be happy if you fell asleep at the desk :D

It's funny, I realised the other day that I hardly ever do long-form posts on here at least not compared to some of the epics I used to churn out elsewhere. As you know I'm a better writer than I am an editor lol.

You tailor your responses to your audience which means long form replies are not needed when a simple tissues.gif will suffice.

Xy5r1EG.gif

The "stupidity" is in anyone actually thinking that's what was promoted. He spoke out of turn and provided the perfect sound bite for you guys to run with, I'll grant you that, but anyone who interpreted that as him suggesting people drink disinfectant is just plain goofy.
The problem is that when someone is in a position of very high global responsibility, it’s stupid to make this kind of suggestion and unworthy of the function, even to joke.

----------------------------

😷

Don't forget he also invented the email at 14.
I don't really have an opinion about that, but feel free to prove that he didn't I guess if it makes you feel better. And while you're at it let me know when you dig up something substantive about the blow dryer curing covid thing, because at this point I'm going to chalk that up to the same "gotchya!" game you guys played with the whole disinfectant comment.

Edit to respond to your edit: if New Zealand or Australia or anywhere else "eliminated" it like it's being promoted it's because of their testing criteria, not the virus itself. At this point I don't believe any of the stats surrounding covid infections or mortality rates, period. Whatever valid data there is is buried under a storm of bull excrement.

Last edited:
Lancet study on Hydroxychloroquine across 671 hospitals worldwide, and a population of >96000 patients ( including control group) who got treated within 48 hrs of diagnosis:

Results in short:
  • no benefit
  • increased deaths
  • increased cardiac problems
(Compared to controls.)

This is in agreement with the VA study. Significantly large cohort involved.
Strong evidence against using HOCQ for this purpose, at this dosage. It is hard to justify continuing to try something when the death rate goes up all over the world in many centres, confirmed by 2 studies now.

If it did work, by now we should be able to identify a real benefit vs the controls, but that has not materialized. This is disappointing, as we could really use a break in the fight.
This makes the prophylaxis trial look suspect. If it increases mortality, and some of that group gets the disease(say asymptomatically), is that study going to kill some of them?

It more and more becomes safe to say, people who promote the use of HCQ are responsible for people dieing .

You didn't say he was a top eugenicists but what you did say was that he was into eugenics and that Bill Gates is an advocate of population control.

A fairly quick google using the keywords Bill Gates Snr and Eugenics produced the following article from rolling stone where Alex Jones said....

It's ok you've never heard of him or read any of his work it just so happens you like the same conspiracy theories. All I have asked for is the source of your views on Snr and Jnr but you keep deflecting.
So...a fail on both then?

It's difficult (if not impossible) to argue with strong believers who place their own faith above any science or distrust science in general. There's not much difference to religious zealots in this regard.
As far as I can tell it's not "science" that I'm disagreeing with but rather the dissemination of information. And ironically "religious zealots" is almost exactly how I personally view most people who aren't necessarily scientists themselves but are so often found pontificating on various forums and discussion groups about scientific subjects. These people are the most close minded folks I've ever encountered. And interestingly as we've seen so clearly on the current pandemic issue is that what is held up as "science" can't even stand up to rationale discussion without the censorship filters slamming down.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom