Community Event / Creation The Sidewinder Trophy

1713865183797.png

Welcome to The Sidewinder Trophy

This race is to celebrate the ship we all began with, the Sidewinder. A small cheap ship with limited ability? Not so! It can be a devastating little racer if flown with abandon and a few tweaks. Time to give it some love!

Build Rules & Ships

Unlimited - Er, well, a Sidewinder, and that’s it!

Even so there are some rules -

• No Autopilot
  • No Docking Computer
  • No Carriers
  • No rebuys, however you can repair at stations.
  • Follow the waypoints in the order listed.
  • No FSD synthesis.
  • No changing of modules or your ship once begun.
  • For regulation no suit engineering please.

Otherwise do what the hell you like to it, but I would highly recommend a fuel scoop, but this is up to you! For this race unlimited refers to build not ship!

Regulation – See championship rules for the Cobra build as this will be the same all season.

Here is a link to the build - https://s.orbis.zone/m1g-

I think that covers it!

The Race

(Unlimited 1/2/3/4U/5/6 & 7)

(Regulation1/2/3/4R/5/6 & 7)

1) Start – Wright Station, Okinura. The spiritual home of The Elite Racers, so a very polite nod to them please as we trash the system.

2) LFT 1748 – Planet a2 – Tunnel time! – Scientific Installation 11 l/s. Fly through the designated tunnel, turn round and fly back through. (see additional for details)

3) Ruchbah – Ruchbah 2 4.3g. Time to get heavy. Simply land. That`s all. (lol)

4)U Unlimited Ship - Hyades Sector DR-V C2 – 23 a5, Dav`s hope, the supermarket for manufactured goods. Land at the settlement no more than 400m away. (I must see this) Take off and then do a limbo under the gantry before leaving. This is compulsory and you will be disqualified if you do not. There is a bonus for this bit if you go fast enough. (see additional for details)

4)R Regulation Ship - Hyades Sector DR-V C2 – 23 a5, Dav`s hope, the supermarket for manufactured goods. Land qt the settlement at least 100m away. (I must see this). Get out of your ship on foot and simply go jump the gantry. A screenshot of you above the gantry on foot will be required if you are not recording the race. (See additional for details)

5) CAIL – Christian Terminal 983ls. An outpost to stop at, refuel, repair get a burger etc.

6) QUQUVE – A3, Red Tunnel Drilling 683ls. Fly through the pillars at the centre of the station. You will not be welcome!

7) Return to Wright Station, Okinura

Now you can appreciate the perky little ship

Commander Sulu – Buckyball Racing Club
Additional Info

2) Tunnel (Any Direction)
Source: https://youtu.be/OjTBYAAqWCY

4) Limbo Bonus

001– 099 M/S No bonus - easy

100 - 199 M/S 1 minute - not so tough

200 – 299 M/S 2 minutes - getting a bit dodgy

300 – 399 M/S 3 minutes - are you sure sir?

400 - 499 M/S 4 minutes - see a therapist!

500 - 599 M/S 5 minutes - get psychiatric help immediately

600 M/S + 6 minutes (Yes, the Sidey will go way past 600 and good luck at that speed as you are either lucky, insane, stupid, or all 3!)

4)Unlimited & 4) Regulation

1713865299919.png

6) Pillars.
Source: https://youtu.be/mWHuDqZVIUw

Source: https://youtu.be/ctDpeNtsCGQ

Race submissions

Video would be the ideal choice but screenshots are of course always allowed.

If using screen shots I will need to see the following-

1) Ship build

2) Launch time

3) LFT 1748 Entering the tunnel from both directions (2 pics)

4) Landed at Ruchbah 2

5) Dav`s Landed then either from above the gantry (R) on foot or going under the gantry showing max speed. (U) If I cannot see the speed I cannot judge it. For both I need to also have a pic of distance from Dav`s on landing. (2 pics)

6) Landed at Christian Terminal

7) Red Tunnel Drilling passing through the pillars

8) Landed back at Wrights station

So, a total of 10 or 11 depending on ship build pictures

Submission Form
888: Sidewinder Trophy Entry Form

Commander Sulu – Buckyball Racing

Last edited:
Alright! Looks like Team Stevenson will be transferring the modules from Haulier than Thou to my Sidewinder Faded Memories. :)

I do have a question, though, regarding the Regulation stop at Dav's Hope. I have Odyssey, but others may not. Do you have an alternative for the "Jump over the bridge on foot" for those who don't own Odyssey?

Well, I had to cannibalize not just Haulier than Thou, but some other ships as well for all the necessary parts, but Faded Memories is as ready as she'll get without several weeks of focused engineering work. Maximum jump range just shy of 40 light years, and a maximum speed of 705 m/s. :D

Currently taking an Apex taxi to the starting line. I'll (hopefully) be able to finish prepping for the race as I prepare supper tonight, and maybe get in a scouting run or two. I've never visited Dav's Hope, so I might as well take advantage of the free engineering materials while there.

Aww yeah, Buckyball season!!!

Intent to pull the dust cover off of my Cobra Sag Wagon, and see what mods I'm able to afford to spice up my Sidey Student Driver!

This is a cool looking course, there's quite a lot going on! Admittedly, any mention of flying through tunnels, rings, or under gantries (with a bonus for speed!) immediately sends my mind to flying the Viper. Old habits, I suppose...

I also very much appreciate that you've given a fixed order for the waypoints! I enjoy scouting and route planning, but schedule is tight for me right now between wrapping up the Winter Olympics (canyon racing, anyone? :p ) and that I'll be out of town for the closing weekend of this, so it is good we're starting with a race where you can just hop in and go!

Looking forward to it! o7

Top Bottom