Community Event / Creation The Sidewinder Trophy

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Today was not the best day's racing. My first run I was a bit better at finding the tunnel, but crashed out too fast for orbital cruise at Ruchbah. Seriously how is that even possible...
Abandoned that one. Second run I dropped out of Supercruise facing the tunnel entrance perfectly. Though I was on to a good one but Ruchbah once again foiled me, this time because the ground appeared a bit too quickly and I scattered the remains of my ship across it...

Against my better judgement I decided to head back to the start line. More faffing around looking for the tunnel, messed up the Ruchbah landing spot so the next jump was slightly obscured, and then to top it all off I got too fast for orbital cruise while entering Glide at Dav's Hope! Again! I almost quit at that point, but I decided to stick with it. It turned out marginally faster than my previous, but to save anyone the hassle I'm not going to submit it and try again tomorrow.

Sir boundness came back with a new entry with maximum bonus and was first commander to go under 20 minutes. Unfortunately for him however our very own Mr Turner has got past his limbo timidness to rock back into first place and getting real close to the 19 minute barrier and keeping Sir Boundness in 2nd place. Utterly ridiculous!
1714767917592.png

RUN SUBMITTED 🤠

Last edited:
Yesterday (Thursday) did not go so well with my new shields. Today has gone better, but combining a good raw time with a good limbo speed remains challenging... The best combo has been submitted, at least it gave Alec a good laugh watching my final landing 🤪

And I have decided to continue including my wife's comments on the submission form; they're much funnier than mine!

Er....help? I'll need someone to pop over here with a oxyacetylene torch and a crowbar please.

To be honest I'm actually pretty astonished that this doesn't happen EVERY time!

Source: https://youtu.be/1WUYxWqStDk

Anyway ... as Sulu has already alluded to, run submitted (not that one obviously ... a MUCH better one! 😁)

I just had one of those moments where I realized I’d missed the perfectly obvious. 🤦‍♀️ Thanks for sharing! ❤️ What a way to wake up in the morning! 🥱 :D

Okay, time for the last update

Unlimited

We will do this the other way round today. We have had no new entries but several improved times, well quite a few actually. At the bottom end Tannis Phage has an improved time but sadly not enough to move. Inga Stevenson has put in a better time too going under 25 minutes. Next up is myself with my final entry by no more than getting max bonus doing the limbo. What a rush. Martinjameson however managed a better time and moving ahead of me in to 6th place..

Now lets talk about the two top runners. Sir Boundness put in an astonishingly fast run to take the lead from Alec Turner with a time just over 18 minutes! However that lead was drastically reduced with an inspiring run not far from 18 minutes minutes either. Sir Boundness now holds first place with Alec just 13 seconds behind and both well ahead of the rest. Great stuff

satun2.png

Regulation

The regulation board is much quieter today with actually only two changes. With his first entry into regulation this race Kevin The Stabber has jumped straight in to 3rd place and podium position with an excellent sub 31 run. Then I have put in a more serious attempt to currently hold fourth place with a 31:40 run.

sat reg 2.png

This will be the last update until the race closes. I hope to see some more enthusiastic entries by midnight Sunday. You will be allowed to place entries after that time as long as the runs are started by midnight game time.

Good luck all and thank you for taking part.

Last edited:
The regulation board is much quieter today with actually only two changes. With his first entry into regulation this race Kevin The Stabber has jumped straight in to 3rd place and podium position with an excellent sub 31 run. Then I have put in a more serious attempt to currently hold fourth place with a 31:40 run.

I could've sworn I'd submitted an improved time for Regulation... checks second post... oh, it's listed on the board at #12, which is identical to my place in Unlimited. At least I'm consistent. ;)

... Tannis Phage has an improved time but sadly not enough to move...
... That was a regulation run I submitted... I got out and jumped the gantry and all lol. I'm 100% sure I selected the correct dropdown on the form, so there may be gremlins.

Edit: The time was also at least five minutes longer, definitely not improved, just checked youtube and made sure I uploaded the right clip, very confused lol.

Last edited:

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Had anther couple of goes this morning and the seconds one worked out rather well. There's definitely small room for improvement in a few places, but I don't know whether I would be able to put a run like that together. Jumped into Ququve and glanced at the clock to see the run was quicker than it had felt, and the panicked a bit trying not to mess up the last couple of bits.

Fortunately I didn't, run submitted.

Top Bottom