The Star Citizen Thread v 4

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
That script can't be real, can it?
It's exactly like those awful cheesy Hollywood failure action films that have dialogue about as engaging as watching paint dry.

That script can't be real, can it?
It's exactly like those awful cheesy Hollywood failure action films that have dialogue about as engaging as watching paint dry.

You mean like Wing Commander movie? Remember who are we dealing with here.

Even the most skeptical of the backer surely never put high hopes on the writing side of SQ42. Even the most optimistic too. :)

I'm okay with it, i'm failing to see what's so awful about the dialogs?

Oh wait, i think i need the Goon's Glasses to read first, they have one rather unique way of seeing the warld :D

Last edited:
There you go again with the goon thing.

Still, at least it has lines that ring in your ears like "Being an engineer can be a difficult job at times."

Last edited:
It must be a goon thing, that's why i can't understand how bad and awful it's supposed to be. :rolleyes:

At least as a successor of WC.

Last edited:
Do we have any intel yet on whether it's a gen-u-wine leak or a wind up?

Either way I seriously CBA to actually read it..

It is legit on the way, it was added to the 2.3 PTU and removed from the game files on live. However, no last missions and ending.
Not sure why would a script be added to the game files, now nobody knows if it's the final one.

Last edited:

Mu77ley

Volunteer Moderator
Oh wait, i think i need the Goon's Glasses to read first, they have one rather unique way of seeing the warld :D

It must be a goon thing, that's why i can't understand how bad and awful it's supposed to be. :rolleyes:

Please stop it with the Goon bogeyman nonsense and just accept that not everyone is looking at the game through the same rose-tinted glasses you appear to wear.

It was probably like Full Burn (which to my mind is a perfect example of so bad- it's good YMMV!) - it just happened to be lying around on some devs hard drive and accidentally ended up in the build!

It is legit on the way, it was added to the 2.3 PTU and removed from the game files on live. However, no last missions and ending.
Not sure why would a script be added to the game files, now nobody knows if it's the final one.

It's called poor source control. It's not uncommon to have unrelated crap ending up in builds, just bad practice. Usually you notice it when 500mbs of assets end up in your 5mb app build and suddenly your build time spikes uncontrollably.

Let me help you.

The low budget may explain Wing Commander's cheesy special effects, but can't excuse the lame dialogue or the movie's obsessive reliance on sci-fi cliches.

The saviour of PC gaming couldn't write a decent script if the limited edition Porsche 911 he's renting using backer funds depended on it.

Awww, why not the WC games? After all SQ42 is a successor for it, as said from the start, common now, you can do better than that! ;)

Or maybe, you're also wearing glasses!

Last edited:
Because Wing Commander: The Movie is the last project CR managed to get released where he had direct control over the scripting and it didn't turn out well. There's a reason no professional let him direct a film or make a game since. Hurray for crowdfunding!

I suppose you could say Starlancer, but I'm told he didn't have much to do with that at all what with being busy polishing his cinematic turd. Certainly not day to day overseeing of the production. Freelancer? Well he left in a cloud of inky confusion on that. Fired? Quit? Depends on who is telling the story.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom