The Star Citizen Thread v 4

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
It's not the issue only the FM believe me I could even live with that if it was some honesty from CR.....The biggest problem I have with CIG is the LIES and FALSE advertising from the very beginning of this project to these days...You see for 30+ years of my gaming experience I learn to respect genres&types of games that are not my cup of tea but I WILL NOT PAY&PLAY THEM....SC was advertise as something completely different and bit by bit went in totally opposite direction....

It has been years already since that direction and the scope changed.

Now what do you want? CIG should stop everything, put the game back to what the original scope intended to deliver, and show a big middle-finger to all the late backers of this project? Who backed the CURRENT scope and direction of SC, not the original one?!

Not emo at all max. You are funny and I'm laughing.
That's good for you. :)

Last edited:
It has been years already since that direction and the scope changed.

Now what do you want? CIG should stop everything, put the game back to what the original scope intended to deliver, and show a big middle-finger to all the late backers of this project? Who backed the CURRENT scope and direction of SC, not the original one?!

CIG should deliver what was promised first then they could expand their game on the healthy base but instead of that they are been acting like the "corporate" slaughterhouse that as soon as their cows(player-base)is not delivering enough milk($) they will turned them into the sausages & replace them with the new cow's.....

CIG should deliver what was promised first then they could expand their game on the healthy base but instead of that they are been acting like the "corporate" slaughterhouse that as soon as their cows(player-base)is not delivering enough milk($) they will turned them into the sausages & replace them with the new cow's.....

It's already too late for that.

It was CIG's own fault on the first place to try to please everyone, when such is just not practical...

It was CIG's own fault on the first place to try to please everyone, when such is just not practical...

Sure...2 Years late...Believe me I am not trying to change anything anymore that is pointless with CIG...I give up on that long time ago..I am here now just to see this train-wreck....:)

trainwreck_zpslwfsroaq.jpg

And I payed TICKET for it!!!

Last edited:

Shame they didn't (or wouldn't) realise that a long time ago. Funnily enough it hasn't stopped them taking more and more money trying to "please everyone". Instead they have created a monster that will please no one when the curtain comes up on release day whenever they decide that will be. Its incompetence at best. I backed a space game not a space game with all this other gubbins attached that has completely turned the project into a developmental nightmare that they clearly are not able to untangle.

Like Zyll says Max people could have respected them releasing the space game as best as they could then tag on all that other stuff as time went on like FD are doing. Instead they went greedy and here is where they are after years of development and so much backer money. Its incompetent and irresponsible of management at this point. I can't fault the programmers and the chaps doing what they are told but I can fault management.

Showing some of the Item Ports on 2.4, pretty early but already shows this first partial implementation of the engine rewrites that is Item System 2.0 that have been ongoing for so long:

[video=youtube;W6ndH2J12sY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ndH2J12sY[/video]

The "F" use is still around for the things it was before on the 2.4 still, on next update it should be gone. They mentioned some design/technical posts about IS 2.0 are something we should see soon.

Shame they didn't (or wouldn't) realise that a long time ago. Funnily enough it hasn't stopped them taking more and more money trying to "please everyone". Instead they have created a monster that will please no one when the curtain comes up on release day whenever they decide that will be. Its incompetence at best. I backed a space game not a space game with all this other gubbins attached that has completely turned the project into a developmental nightmare that they clearly are not able to untangle.

Like Zyll says Max people could have respected them releasing the space game as best as they could then tag on all that other stuff as time went on like FD are doing. Instead they went greedy and here is where they are after years of development and so much backer money. Its incompetent and irresponsible of management at this point. I can't fault the programmers and the chaps doing what they are told but I can fault management.

A monster that will please no one? That no, it might not please you as it might did move away of what you were expecting. SC attracted me, when it started to show some distance, from that original hardcore space-sim idea, and the known "rule of cool" started to kick in here and there, the same thing that others absolutely do not accept.

From the pleasing everyone, to today, they are forced, they have no choice but move forward, that means some people will end up disappointment, and expectations finally starting being controlled to who expected the "next coming of Christ in form of a game". On my side i expect a fun game to play, with the MMO setting, the economy loop, and gameplay direction SC already has and moves to have, it's what i want to play.

Last edited:
If you look at Frontiers trade update's you'll see that as of the last report Elite has turned over about half of what Star Citizen has made through "Pledges". They've managed that, have a debt free company and pretty solid title with which they can now build upon.
In the same time with a far greater revenue surplus, CIG has managed to release version after version of sub standard content with no real direction or polish and is now quickly approaching the date they set as the latest possible for the release of the title as its minimum viable product.
Unless this has all been an elaborate ruse, I cannot see how the imminent release of a high quality space simulator is possible.

You seem to have a bit of a fish fixation. Not an engineer are you? ;)

Fish is easy, fish is love. Fish loves you everytime, even without repetative reputation missions! :-o

In SC iam going to deliver fish sticks or fisch fingers :D

Last edited:
Can the pg birds eat the fish in the fish tank? Will I have to defend them?

If we can trade fish - and train them - maybe we could hoodwink an enemy by selling them some sort of ninja special forces trained specimen that can escape the tank and blow up the enemy hangar whilst they're faffing around with their port system!

Yaffle

Volunteer Moderator
Of that I have no doubt. Hopefully Yaffle or someone more qualified than me can tell us what all this sort of thing means. Numbers other than +/- 12V DC mean nothing to me :D

*Mod hat off*

I had a look, but the nature of the exemptions granted to the three UK companies makes reading anything helpful into the accounts very difficult indeed, sorry.

The rules on exemptions are if a company meets two of the following it's exempt (s477 of the Companies Act 2006):

• an annual turnover of no more than £6.5 million
  • assets worth no more than £3.26 million
  • 50 or fewer employees on average

CIG Ltd owns Foundry 42 Limited and Roberts Space Industries International Limited. These companies are exempt as they are subsidiaries of CIG, and the group aggregate falls below the thresholds above.

Chris Roberts personally owns 85% of CIG, with the 15% balance split between Erin (10%) and Freyermuth (5%).

The latter data is from the Annual Return.

Financial Statements for the 31 December 2015 will be due by 30 September 2016. There is no indication there of any change to the company's filing status.

*Mod hat off*

I had a look, but the nature of the exemptions granted to the three UK companies makes reading anything helpful into the accounts very difficult indeed, sorry.

The rules on exemptions are if a company meets two of the following it's exempt (s477 of the Companies Act 2006):

• an annual turnover of no more than £6.5 million
  • assets worth no more than £3.26 million
  • 50 or fewer employees on average

CIG Ltd owns Foundry 42 Limited and Roberts Space Industries International Limited. These companies are exempt as they are subsidiaries of CIG, and the group aggregate falls below the thresholds above.

Chris Roberts personally owns 85% of CIG, with the 15% balance split between Erin (10%) and Freyermuth (5%).

The latter data is from the Annual Return.

Financial Statements for the 31 December 2015 will be due by 30 September 2016. There is no indication there of any change to the company's filing status.

Why there be so many companies for the development of a single product all owned by the same parent?

*Mod hat off

Link to the WEBSITE where they state 2016 as release date please?

Hmm that would be if the livestream where the roadmap revealed on 2014 for the release on 2016 was posted on their own news. That's hard enough to dig up

Why there be so many companies for the development of a single product all owned by the same parent?

Saves Money, as also makes them get money, making use of several benefits, tax relief and things like that, there was a pretty detailed article i read once in how this works.

Last edited:

Yaffle

Volunteer Moderator

*mod hat off*

I have no idea! It may be simply to protect the names.

ETA - there is a thing called group relief (which sounds really dirty) which is essentially about moving losses from one group company to another to reduce the other's tax bill. It's a bit more complicated than that, but it's enough. We can't see what, if any tax losses there are in the group. This is usually useful where you buy a company with tax losses.

Not too sure how it saves money - there are extra legal fees and administrative costs for each company.

Last edited:
Not too sure how it saves money - there are extra legal fees and administrative costs for each company.

Letting each studio be it's own LLC wouldn't mean that you don't have to worry as much about things as managing all the labor and tax obligations of having German citizens working for a US company in London? Each studio only has to worry about the laws in their own country. On other examples Foundry42 UK is involved with a Government program, things like that, then there are Tax credits and incentives, on witch the way they are setup, they can make use of.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom