The Star Citizen Thread V10

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Here's what happened with the youtube lawyer;

This is the description of his video dated Dec 10th

"This is the second time the court has gone through all their arguments and said pretty much 'there is no case here', there might be a chance for you to come back and amend your complaint for the third time, and maybe we develop some argument on which we can act, but for all practical purposes this case is lost"

Now he posts a new video dated Dec 14th

"Why did I say Crytek lost the case? After all there are a number of different allegations in the complaint and as far as the court is concerned they were only responding to a single allegation, they dismissed the lawsuit with respect to that allegation but that leaves all the other allegations intact so why would I say that this case is pretty much lost?"

Well first of all he didn't say the case was 'pretty much lost', he said "The lawsuit is done. Everything is dismissed."

So that's the youtube lawyer who receives Patreon donations from Star Citizen backers, make up your own mind.

edit - removed screenshot of Leonard French, another youtube lawyer, responding to comments that he didn't read the court order. That comment thread has since been deleted.
Cobra,

I note that in a later post you admit your mistakes in mixing up the lawyers and posts, that is refreshing.

I say that because this guy was wrong or at best his first video was misleading. When I saw the first video, I thought, is he even a qualified lawyer? Having seen his 2nd video he clearly is a lawyer as who else can spend 19 minutes explaining how they were wrong but concluding that they were correct.

More importantly looking at the detail of his arguments if he is correct then CryTech have or soon will have lost all legal arguments.. Do you think he is correct or will it 100% go to trial?

Also does CIG have its lawyers on a retainer or will they have significant legal fees in addition to the settlement fee, and how much will they be? Does anyone know that stuff?

Last edited:
Don't do it! :eek:

I still have mental scars from the last time I visited...think of Reddit with nicer graphics and more trolls [where is it]

I tried out spectrum. It appears that they intend to integrate it into the game/tech demo in some way but I am not sure how, (does anyone know?) As it does not seem to be required, global, private and local text chat works well. VOIP seems to be doing okay, I can hear the voices of the nearby players, too many PTT buttons if you have discord on at the same time.

The Star Citizen chat lobby was as most are difficult to follow if you are doing anything else. The forums were very civil I was expecting Pravda, but genuine complaints and reports of bugs are received well and advice is dished out when posted on the correct threads IE Tech help and 'ask the Devs'

It has a different feel to than reddit, much more like a club of like minded hobbyists chatting. I think that is important as gaming should be fun and rudeness or people being horrible should be excluded. I did not see any evidence of moderator involvement.

In many games especially MMO's it is difficult to play and not refer to the forums, they seem an integral part of many games nowadays. Spectrum seems valuable to the playability of SC as the in game hint system is not too good yet and I could not find any tutorial. I got some good tips

The version I am playing 3.3.7 was very stable last night 3 hours without the hint of a problem. Missions all worked I could get crates into my small ship and it looks fantastic. Hurston is very pretty, not sure about the pollution effects, they look good but are they there for a reason or do they have a purpose, like dust in VR games that stop nausea?

Last edited:
New PTU patch H update dropped. Adding the Hawk in the game. Looks like SC will have 100 ships (including variants) in-game at the end of next year.

Notes, Testing Focus, Major Known Issues inside spoiler.
Alpha Patch 3.4.0h has been released to the PTU, and is now available to test! Patch should now show: PTU-1023741.

It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Public client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Roberts Space Industries\StarCitizenPTU\LIVE.

Please monitor ptu test chat in spectrum for updates and testing instructions.

USER.cfg settings:
r_displayinfo = 3

Note: This patch does not contain all of the intended features, which will be added iteratively to the notes as they become available. Additionally, some features may be implemented in a partial state and as such are not ready for testing. When those features reach a playable state they will be detailed on the notes and added to the "Testing Focus".

Testing Focus

New Ships: Freelancer variants, 600i Touring
Lorville Central Business District
Hurston mission variants (bounty missions, downed relay missions, FPS AI missions, delivery missions, scramble races)

Major Known Issues:

Downed relay missions may fail to update.
All items are missing at rest stop shops.
New Features

General
  • Added dead zone and sensitivity slider for headtracking in the options menu under "comms".
Ships and Vehicles
  • Added Anvil Hawk.
  • Added voice audio to mining modes.
Feature Updates

Universe
  • Updated lighting around Klim.
  • Updated lighting, signage, and voice audio at the CBD.
  • Updated statues at the CBD.
  • Updated animations on Constatine Hurston.
Missions
  • Temporarily disabled the admin at Lorville.
  • Updated Battaglia's mission description to state where she is located.
  • Moved the illegal deploy mission to the "personal" tab.
  • Temporarily removed the "recover stolen goods" mission due to outdated mission flow.
UI
  • Added a "disband group button" for the party leader.'
FPS
  • Balance pass for the Karna rifle.
Bug Fixes
  • Planetary rocks should now be effected by the explosion from shattering during mining.
  • The lift on the 600i should no longer cause the ship to be raised when deployed.
  • Players should now be able to spawn Gravlev vehicles at Olisar.
  • The 600i touring should now have atmospheric entry VFX.
  • FPS combat AI should no longer shoot at the floor instead of at the player when in cover.
  • The passenger room beds should no longer stick out of the 600i touring.
  • The correct text should now appear on train boards.
  • Terminals, kiosks, and the mobiGlas should now work when using crash recovery.
  • The "warning restricted area" message should now show when taking off rom Lorville.
  • Players should no longer occasionally cause recovery to return them to their previous position when they decline.
  • The "distraction" mission should no longer occasionally set the now defunct CryAstro as a location.
  • Fixed party invites showing the party leader joining.
  • Fixed view issues with Ursa Rover remote turret.
  • The mining tractor beam should no longer have a slight wobble during animation.
  • FPS combat AI should now aim correctly when leaning around cover.
  • The Dumper's Depot kiosk at GrimHex should now work properly.
  • The ECN mission around Crusader should now have proper tracking.
  • "0m" markers should no longer remain on the screen after scanning a mineable rock.
  • Fixed placeholder text or blank spaces from mobiGlas entries for Hurston and Klim.
  • "Evict Illegal Occupants" mission UI should now update properly.
  • Fix for Arena Commander UI refreshing inconsistently when player remains idle on respawn screen.
  • Respawn text should no longer appear after game has ended in Star Marine.
Technical
  • Transit system performance tweak.
  • Fixed 3 client crashes.
  • Fixed a server deadlock.
  • Fixed 3 server crashes.

Source: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/...-citizen-alpha-3-4-0h-ptu-1023741-patch-notes

--

Roadmap got updated yesterday. Here is an image to highlight all the changes.

MEUrPKE.jpg

Also here is the new Hawk. Another example of how concepts turn into being part of in-game content.

fnw16ov7hc421.jpg

New value sheet which was updated with 3.4 patch. For those who enjoy trading like me.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...N4VHqy5Rm3nkkLrsig2odQTxuNo/htmlview?sle=true

Last edited:
C'mon now...we all buy some nice shiny PC bits on occasion...absolutely none of it for SC in particular since there's certainly other stuff to play too.

Sure... Though I can't help but see conflicts between "SC will be the game that rules them all, and it's already better than any AAA out there" and "I totally didn't buy this $1xxx GPU for SC first and foremost".

Another night of having an insane amount of fun (i know a hard concept to define) with friends (which might be hard for some of you to acquire). But hot damn, a good time.

Oh and a 2080ti does help.

Sovapid, I played solo last night and it was great, I see you are in a big org, I have not joined one yet. I like role play so will be looking at a small dedicated org in my time zone 100 people or so. I have played with others that I met in game and that was great fun, as they are now on my friends list if they in game when I log on I can join their instance and play with them

Last edited:
Another night of having an insane amount of fun (i know a hard concept to define) with friends (which might be hard for some of you to acquire). But hot damn, a good time.

Oh and a 2080ti does help.

Can you upload a video showing us what causes this insane amount of fun?

I don't recall the last time i had an insane amount of fun, but pretty sure it didn't involve a computer game.

Sovapid, I played solo last night and it was great, I see you are in a big org, I have not joined one yet. I like role play so will be looking at a small dedicated org in my time zone 100 people or so. I have played with others that I met in game and that was great fun, as they are now on my friends list if they in game when I log on I can join their instance and play with them

Video please!

Looking at the roadmap which Mr.Nowak posted. I was surprised to see just one planet and two moons planned for the next six month's worth of patches, I honestly thought there would be more.

Video please!

Here are clips of people having pretty much having fun.

Making your own fun

https://www.twitch.tv/twerk17/clip/BumblingInventiveYakBCouch

Fly bys

https://www.twitch.tv/giantwaffle/clip/OutstandingPiercingMonkeySeemsGood

Atmospheric Fleet Entry

https://www.twitch.tv/hugolisoir/clip/DependableSmoothPorpoiseBabyRage

Epic fleet battles. Test vs MTDRS

https://www.twitch.tv/originalgamersonline/clip/YummyPiercingSalmonBabyRage

Crazy Moments like this

https://www.twitch.tv/jungtaejune/clip/AgileFunnyDuckImGlitch

Sometimes just flying

https://www.twitch.tv/sheriffeli/clip/StrangeCarefulRamenKreygasm

Or making mistakes

https://www.twitch.tv/timmac/clip/BrightSmoggySushiOSkomodo

There are dozens of more occasions recorded of people having fun in SC.

Looking at the roadmap which Mr.Nowak posted. I was surprised to see just one planet and two moons planned for the next six month's worth of patches, I honestly thought there would be more.

They will reveal the upcoming 3.7 once production nails down most of the variables of next year. That update is expected to have MicroTech and its set of content. The RnD work began on MicroTech as was shown on ATV this week. Link: https://youtu.be/5IIs0djWs9U

Last edited:
Video please!

Agony we keep going around in circles with this.

I do not post videos, for a number of reasons including my privacy. There are plenty online to look at, which I have linked to in the past. The reason that you do not believe us is because when you try to play, the game does not look good. The reason for that is that you try to play with less than minimum specifications which is a bit pointless and undermines you somewhat.

Mr Nowak posted some fun although most seem to be low res.

This link (from 3.4) has a max of 1080p so you can see the difference in quality, It probably looks better than playing on your rig.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/348974379

I understand the arguments about time of development, is it a scam, people overcommitting, AI being rubbish ETC. But people suggesting that you can not have fun or that the quality of the graphics is poor are just wrong, But then again I do understand some peoples motivations here, not sure about yours. I know some have spent a lot of money and became disillusioned over time. I have only been playing for a month and perhaps 25 hours, I have only invested 45 euros and play many other games as well, so my frame of reference is different from those who have been involved for years or were motivated to spend $100's or $1000's. Maybe I will change my mind in a year or so.

For the record, the reason I come here is because I play a LOT of ED, so it is easy to drop in on my notifications. Also If it was not for what I read here I would be tempted to upgrade to a Cutlass for an extra 60 Euros. I will stick with my starter ship and so how it develops. I have seen progress in the last few patches. I am very interested to see how much better 3.4 will be, performance wise, I think not much being as the OCS and performance tweaks have been moved to 3.5. and procedural city performance has been ?removed?

Last edited:
I don't get the point of asking for vids: most here, me included, don't want/need to be convinced...

And for the same reasons, I don't get the point losing time trying to convince people here that SC is fun/the bestest thing created ever.

All in all, years after years, it's the same thing repeating around SC. And here, it's like the "man tries to go on remote island to convert savages and gets shot dead" story.

Sure some have fun, but others have better time at the dentist. No one will convince the other. Period.

The only thing I'd say is that here is a place (and was one of the few for a long time) to vent our frustrations relatively freely. As I wouldn't try to convince people are wrong on Spectrum or any "pro" channel, I'd love that nobody tried to prove us wrong here.

New PTU patch H update dropped. Adding the Hawk in the game. Looks like SC will have 100 ships (including variants) in-game at the end of next year.

who cares of ships number when the game sucks, and it does, instead of what you are saying.
I have tryed it last week and, even not counting bugs and bad frame rates, it is boring and frustrating like hell, not to mention the ridiculous flight model.

Last edited:
Cobra,

I note that in a later post you admit your mistakes in mixing up the lawyers and posts, that is refreshing.

I say that because this guy was wrong or at best his first video was misleading. When I saw the first video, I thought, is he even a qualified lawyer? Having seen his 2nd video he clearly is a lawyer as who else can spend 19 minutes explaining how they were wrong but concluding that they were correct.

More importantly looking at the detail of his arguments if he is correct then CryTech have or soon will have lost all legal arguments.. Do you think he is correct or will it go to trial?

Then does CIG have its lawyers on a retainer or will they have significant legal fees in addition to the settlement fee, and how much will they be.

While I was hoping that the lawsuit would force CiGs hand I never specifically understood the uproar about it nor am I particularly interested in it. Somehow the theoretical outcome of the lawsuit is discussed as an "ultimate" when it comes to Star Citizen when in reality all it does is endanger SCs completion a very one-sided course of action. If the lawsuit fails we are back where we were BEFORE the lawsuit meaning no game, glacial progress and zero consumer rights from CiG. CiG doesnt really "gain" anything from winning this lawsuit. That something like it arose in the first place tho....oh I m sure that Crytek is just a bunch of haters...the instant go-to explanation of the shills and white knights who cannot accept that people are less then impressed by this mess of a "game".

And the tighter the CiG-fabricated corset becomes the more desperate defending voices become. It was ridiculous years ago and its even more ridiculous today when I observe people. Nowadays people have to really commit, outlining their epic adventures in glorious detail verbally shaming other real games which offer real content. Already stating "I had fun" isnt enough anymore. It needs specific undocumented examples and the naming of "friends" to support theoretical claims which could at any given time be fabricated or hallucinated I dont know. Also lashing out seems to help in regards to pent-up frustration too, with SC of course no doubt. Whenever somebody feels cocky enough to actually post a gameplay video its almost always a "whaaaaa....?????" moment for me because I actually know how other games look like and have to offer and whatever I see is by no means a reassurance of quality and dependency regarding CiGs capabilities. Usually I m back to re-evaluating the posters stance and adjusting his/her reliance in terms of information when it comes to Star Citizen.

The promises of "potential" fades by being years late and having to endure all the cases where CiG lied or under-performed (or is still "holding"). If I mistrust a company that has a history of bad performance and even worse customer treatment thats something I call "common sense" and not "hate" but it probably depends on what side I m standing.

If something is "fun" or not doesnt really need to be discussed. People pay lots of money for all kinds of activities be it bungee jumping or sky diving, RV models or collecting any kind of object...usually these things are "worth" it in the eyes of the observer and while other people no doubt dont understand this motivation or think of them as a waste of time you dont see such heated arguments over bungee jumping. People who love it and people who disregard it can co-exist without much quarrel. Because...

1. its peoples personal decision and their own money
2. people disliking said activity dont prevent the first group from performing it

Usually every activity that uses up a lot of resources be it time, committment or money eventually comes under investigation when the public eye rolls over it. This is the time where outsiders start to question the sanity or reason of said activity. And usually these questions are met with evidence or proof that said activity holds a level of fascination for many but not all. Usually the "clashes" result from people trying to figure out what drives others to invest large sums of money or even risk their lives in order to "enjoy" such a thing. So pretty much every activity you can think of has to endure suspicion, doubt and open questions. Nothing new here. Nobody needs to be labeled "hater" for not understanding the fascination but you certainly can label others "fanatics" when you evaluate how much money and time they sunk into X and also their behavior overall.

Somehow Star Citizen is different. We already established that people can do with their money whatever they want. This needed to be said when the SCDF rose up trying to ride on the argument "DONT TELL ME WHAT TO DO WITH MY MONEY!!!"- That was never the issue. If some feel the need to pay for an advantage or invest into a non-existing game thats their choice. Others certainly dont understand it, mostly people who didnt lose the "concept of financial value" because sorry, turn it as you want 1000 bucks are a lot of money regardless how you look at it. We also established that people not trusting CiG or people who are ridiculing Star Citizen for whatever have zero impact on its development because according to CiG, a company known for its honesty and integrity (lol) has declared that the project is fully funded several times over so at best its a matter of time and not "if".

So it sounds like Star Citizen is nesting in a nice cozy cave of security waiting to hatch. Theres nothing that can threaten this.

Yet somehow there are so many people in the project who feel threatened and the urge to "push back" against all the haters and naysayers. I dont know what this urge is based on. I can understand the desire to "set something straight" when I see lies, exaggerations and hate being posted in a matter of interest to me. But then I would still expect listing of facts, evidence and logical thinking of anybody participating. Instead when it comes to Star Citizen the level of double standard, over-reaction and personal attacks are through the roof and have been from the very start. Its an interesting point of observation because usually in an argument the one barking the loudest has nothing and needs to rely on physical intimidation instead of retreat. Its just strange that an online discussion can trigger such a reaction aka representing a threat of such a level and I often wonder why.

After years of mistreatment, verbal attacks and stalking the fanatical side of the SC community has bred a sizable chunk of online users who use the same tools to hit back so while "technically" true that both sides are just as extreme taking a closer look at how it all started I see a very one-sided fault. The internet warlord is a great example. Push far enough and suddenly a person will push back. Only depending on how cruel or unfair prior treatment was you are suddenly looking at an "arch-enemy" of your own doing. Crying wolf afterwards and pointing to the folks who suffered from your mistreatment declaring "they are just as bad" doesnt really hold any water....not to me tho.

I said it often by now. The best thing SC backers could have done from the start are laughing it off or ignoring it and let the project do its thing. Star Citizen is already so good. CiG is on the right path. SC is securely funded. CiG will safe PC gaming.

All these things should actually help to build a high tolerance against attacks. Only in this case it doesnt. Instead people are inclined to actively go out of their way to hunt down any dissent and sources of doubt in order to crush it often with fabricated facts or outright lies or misinterpretations (which is basically the same). Even tho in many cases they are met with cold hard facts, logical thinking or common sense these things dont help to calm down certain individuals. Faced with irrefutable logic or at least acceptable terms some only proclaim more and more intensive how much "fun" they have willingly using terms as "perfect" or "insanely fun" (because simple "fun" is already bad....500% which is obviously 5x as good as 100% duh) to convince others (and probably themselves) of how good the product is. That the product in question is unable to back-up any argument or demonstrate its superiority is no doubt only increasing the level of frustration which then leads to snide remarks, open attacks and of course demonization.

Fact is...its kind of hard to have a "neutral" discussion about Star Citizen simply because of how bad the alpha is in its current state. Especially when you consider the timeline and cost to bring it to this point. Thats why most places are either very one-sided regarding CiG/Star Citizen be it praise or skepticism. Some here have claimed that this thread has an overall "negativity" and its true but its also fully justified and documented. We still have access to V1 of this thread and the tone back then was drastically different then it is now. People have followed this project for years by now, experienced all the mess-ups, remember all the promises and actually lived through many cases of mistreatment when this place got under "attack" by individuals who are not longer with us due to their inability to follow forum rules.

If you can honestly say that you "see" all the things that have been dug up and laid out in front of you and still claim that you have "full confidence" in CiG and consider SC the best game of all times in the making then we only established that theres something very wrong here. At best its a demonstration that its impossible to convince the other side so a good opportunity to "drop it and walk away". Yet here we are....

...I find the community side of Star Citizen much more fascinating then the game itself...interesting isnt it? And also very telling when it comes to the game itself :)

It seems to me that nowadays "discussing" the game has been reduced to a massive effort of trolling on the SC fans expense. Grown and supported by the sides own doing. In many cases its just "paying back the favors" other times they simply represent an easy victim and so it continues.

There is a list of documented examples when toxicity directed against anybody who wasnt convinced of SC was extreme. Trying to play the victim now really doesnt hold any water and the best you usually can do is to ignore sarcasm or participate in obvious troll attempts. When I personally talk about "shills" and "fanatics" in this very thread you dont have to feel addressed because chances are...you are not. But IF you do you might want to take a close look at yourself or if you dont care about what I think simply ignore me.

When I talk about SC in a negative light or point out things that are ugly I dont do so out of spite. I do it because they are there. There are also things that are positive about Star Citizen. I acknowledged them several times in the past BUT these singular examples are either not the norm, not reproducable or usually dont help to turn the end opinion around. For example I dont see how good-looking scenery provided in screenshots or edited footage helps in convincing me of SCs greatness or superiority. Not when there is an equal amount of bad looking evidence in place obviously contradicting the first group.

I m just saying....if you are contributing in this thread you might want to take a look at the reasons for doing so. Theres a number of them and not all of them are justifiable or "good".

Me...I m simple in this regard. Like so many I m waiting for CiG to get its act together and Star Citizen to finally produce something noteworthy (something that can stand on its own legs and doesnt need a bunch of defenders trying to bloat it up into glory) that we can finally talk about without referring to stupid questions like "what is a game?". In addition there are several individuals present who provide free entertainment via "lulz" or "facepalm" and so many posts are written so well that they are just a joy to read. I am not here to "trigger" people or antagonize others, thats me tho....seeing how others post I cant really talk for them.

Anyway....is CiGs lawsuit really the only thing of interest we currently have? /disappointment

Edit: lots of activity while I was making this post, thanks for various people for posting updates /cheers

Last edited:
who cares of ships number when the game sucks, and it does, instead of what you are saying.
I have tryed it last week and, even not counting bugs and bad frame rates, it is boring and frustrating like hell, not to mention the ridiculous flight model.

Different tastes and different opinions. There is plenty proof out there that a lot of people enjoy it. Which means it doesn't "suck". Enjoyment isn't universal. Some people like some games. Some don't. Just three posts above too for example.

Ships are very important in SC. Having that many ships gives the game lots of character as you can mix and match fleet compositions or focus your style. They represent focus on a certain subject (combat, trading, mining, salvage, refuel, EMP, racing and so on) and each player enjoys different styles of manufacturers. I'm a MISC type for example. Love industrial designs. My main focus is trading.

--

New added feature allows cycling through ship subsystems for targeting.

https://gfycat.com/LiquidBruisedAnophelesmosquito

CIG updated their company web page last week. Job offers are at 94 now. Half of it is in the UK due to the tax rebates. It looks like CIG will be 600 devs in the future which is even more production speed. 2018 has been the best year for the project so far and if they keep it up it looks like they will get to the MVP within a couple of years.

https://cloudimperiumgames.com/jobs

Last edited:
Question- are those are in effect wages and over what period of time or do they draw a wage as well? I had to look up who Erin was if those are wages it seems about right for a year for him, but Chris on £2 million, maybe I am just jealous I hope he pays tax on that.

Is there any proof that those are wages? Companies can sell shares to finance salaries and other expenses. Which is much more likely.

Wonder if CiG will address this topic once more evidence is posted and questions from the loyal fanbase arises....same as with other topics in the past. Like a small child admitting things when it becomes impossible to ignore or deny....never honest and up-front. This is a good example. Either is fabricated and an obvious trolling attempt or its true. Sure, if I m innocent I wouldnt care about baseless accusations either seeing them as a waste of time. BUT CiG already has 1 public example where they only shared information at a point when it became futile to deny it (Lumberyards transition) and the following explanation (underway for most of the year prior to the switch) doesnt help to harden CiGs reputation as being "open" development. After all they dont hesitate to batter its community to death with bloated non-information or trivia so yeah.

I mean there is no definitive proof yet right? Just a bunch of plausible posts or did I miss something?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom