The Star Citizen Thread V10

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 110222

D
Ok. What is about the other games in the genre that disqualifies them? What is it you're actually looking for that warrants getting into a game with no clear future?

Ship design. All the other options have goofy settings. Star Citizen, however, has a setting I, truth be told, have already grown fond of thanks to YouTube. It just feels right.

I'm aware this is subjective but isn't that part of picking games?

Deleted member 110222

D
So you're that impressed you're gonna wait till next month?

That's quite the endorsement!

That's because I have to let Christmas pass first, like every year. It's called real life.

Most of us have a pretty dim view of SC, but some enjoy it: Don't let us put you off if you want to give it a go.

I would check your PC specs if you haven't already: It requires a fairly beefy rig.

Last edited:

Deleted member 110222

D
Sorry (not) but that just shows a total lack of commitment.

This game and you are incompatible.

How so?

I don't see how saving my cash for the Christmas month is a problem?

I'm going to need elaboration.

Deleted member 110222

D
It's not a problem.

Quite sensible actually - as opposed to borrowing.

Indeed. I could blindly spend now and be in the proverbial creek come Xmas Day... Or I wait a few weeks at which point, there will be no cultural expectancy for me to buy gifts for others, for a whole year.

Deleted member 110222

D
As opposed to should be locked up syndrome in SC. :)

It's a gamble, I know. I have had a very lengthy discussion with Mole HD on the topic.

But I've already acknowledged that there's a risk, and I'm okay with that.

Deleted member 110222

D
He's taking the Mick, Horsey one...a lot of that goes on in this here thread...some of it with more childish malice than humour on occasion ;)

You'll have to grow a thicker skin dipping your hooves in here [haha]

Noted. Sue me, I'm new! :)

Looking at your system specs, what kind of performance are you expecting?

I went through his system specs, have a friend with almost identical setup and he can play just fine...Warned on the pitfalls too, in case anyone would think I'm a secret member of the faithful dragging lambs to the slaughter. ;)

Deleted member 110222

D
Looking at your system specs, what kind of performance are you expecting?

[video=youtube;J2lJag_rgBw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2lJag_rgBw[/video]

I was looking at this video and to me that looks acceptable. My console gaming background has given me a tolerance for lower FPS and lower settings.

What are your thoughts on the linked video?

I went through his system specs, have a friend with almost identical setup and he can play just fine...Warned on the pitfalls too, in case anyone would think I'm a secret member of the faithful dragging lambs to the slaughter. ;)

Don't you dare have that poor innocent spending tons of money on this!

Deleted member 110222

D
The first edit was better - but you're not not wrong.

The "game" is a joke - the forum is likewise.

And I'm amazed if anyone on here takes anything I say with any seriousness whatsoever.

I certainly wouldn't.

Truthfully you are one of the few forum handles I DON'T recognise.

Unfortunately, when dealing with new people, I take everything they say literally. That's Asperger's for you. :)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom