The Star Citizen Thread V10

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Crre

Currently it’s up to the individuals in charge of the kick starter to set their own wage. At what point do you stop adding zeros?

I dont know really. I do have friends who went self-employed and even tho they commanded hundreds of thousands of euro right from the start (bank loan in addition to their own savings) most of them told me they didnt really draw ANY WAGE the first couple of years apart from the absolute minimum to cover living costs. And I assume that this is the norm across the board if your priority is to ensure the product will see any kind of success. Star Citizen is not running at any kind of profit right now. All the pledges are supposed to go directly into the development of the game. There is no nor have been ever any kind of overspill. All the millions had been planned for already and the initial estimates didnt cover the eventual scope creep. Star Citizen as a project only ever became more hungry for money.

Now I dont expect the developers to work for free (even tho various articles outline that unpaid overtime for extended periods of time is expected) but I would ve thought that this kind of behavior (drawing only the absolute minimum to ensure as much money as possible is going toward the projects completion) would be self-evident.....if the creation of the game would be your focus of course.

Now that the claim is in the open that Sandi and Chris bought a 4+ million dollar house while Star Citizen struggles financially you gotta wonder how much this nepotism construct has siphoned out of the project and if embezzlement is a factor.

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
Not sure how much time passed between your last attempt and now but based on the timeframe would you say that Star Citizens progress is "good" or justifies time and money spent?

I played last in mid 2017. I don't think the progress is adequate, no. I also would never recommend someone spend money on the project based on the progress made. Yes, they've improved since then but the project as a whole is still in a very bad state. Not the mention the predatory marketing, management incompetence, etc.

I dont know really. I do have friends who went self-employed and even tho they commanded hundreds of thousands of euro right from the start (bank loan in addition to their own savings) most of them told me they didnt really draw ANY WAGE the first couple of years apart from the absolute minimum to cover living costs. And I assume that this is the norm across the board if your priority is to ensure the product will see any kind of success. Star Citizen is not running at any kind of profit right now. All the pledges are supposed to go directly into the development of the game. There is no nor have been ever any kind of overspill. All the millions had been planned for already and the initial estimates didnt cover the eventual scope creep. Star Citizen as a project only ever became more hungry for money.

Now I dont expect the developers to work for free (even tho various articles outline that unpaid overtime for extended periods of time is expected) but I would ve thought that this kind of behavior (drawing only the absolute minimum to ensure as much money as possible is going toward the projects completion) would be self-evident.....if the creation of the game would be your focus of course.

Now that the claim is in the open that Sandi and Chris bought a 4+ million dollar house while Star Citizen struggles financially you gotta wonder how much this nepotism construct has siphoned out of the project and if embezzlement is a factor.
When you can create huge revenue from a jpeg you haven’t got to hold yourself to the same limitations as any normal business. Whilst the cash is flowing in,on the face of it you’re running at an astonishing profit. With that comes all the trappings,high wages,bonuses,studios in all the plush locations and elaborate doors.

Oh yes - the space door! Source of much hilarity between “its a garage door opener!” and “we don’t use badges” with the proximity reader visible in it’s full glory :D

I wonder if the mansion has one for maxed out fidels?

I'm thinking of giving SC a go, who can point me in the right direction? I've already got an account, but not parted with cash for anything. Any good starter resources for this V3.5 or good pointers?

I'm thinking of giving SC a go, who can point me in the right direction? I've already got an account, but not parted with cash for anything. Any good starter resources for this V3.5 or good pointers?

I'd recommend finding a getting started guide that is relative recent. I jumped in even knowing a few things from watching videos and stuff and was still quite lost with some of the basics.

I pledged 150 quid way back when it started, got a ship of some sort which I can't remember. I tried to play the game about 3 years ago but it wouldn't accept the password on my account which I took from their original email, asked me to reset the password but no matter how complex the password I entered it just kept saying it was too weak to use.
Never got in, never seen my ship, never played.

Don't really care.

I pledged 150 quid way back when it started, got a ship of some sort which I can't remember. I tried to play the game about 3 years ago but it wouldn't accept the password on my account which I took from their original email, asked me to reset the password but no matter how complex the password I entered it just kept saying it was too weak to use.
Never got in, never seen my ship, never played.

Don't really care.

Sorry for your loss.
:oops:

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
I'd recommend finding a getting started guide that is relative recent. I jumped in even knowing a few things from watching videos and stuff and was still quite lost with some of the basics.

Also I suggest you get Dennis to fix your joystick if it is not connected, or offer you an Xbox controller if all else fails. The guy is a pro.

It's called charisma, as in being charismatic to move other people by talking to them. It's all Chris Roberts has, no writing qualities, no programming qualities, no executive qualities (talking about "above average" for all of them, he can do most of them in an average to sub-average way - sadly for the last one, scope of SC would need some very, very good executive), he has only charisma - and even that only on his better days.
People claim he has charisma but I don't see it. All I see is a Steve Jobs wannabe in ill-fitting black turtle necks, out of his depth technically, no sense of business acumen and no idea of the truth.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom