The Star Citizen Thread V10

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
One of the "problems" they are trying to solve is survivability for fps players on the ground. Until now it was easy to hover and shoot what ever you wanted on the ground. The new hover mechanic will make taking out ground targets more challenging.
Interesting - so ships can easily target people on the ground?

One of the things that struck me the first time I tried to follow an SRV in a ship in ED was how small the SRV is, they quickly disappear (unless their lights are on). I imagine with Space Legs people would be even harder to see.

Interesting - so ships can easily target people on the ground?

One of the things that struck me the first time I tried to follow an SRV in a ship in ED was how small the SRV is, they quickly disappear (unless their lights are on). I imagine with Space Legs people would be even harder to see.
Just fire a volley of missiles and explosives. Carpet bomb the area. Not sure how explosives work in vacuum tho, not as much shockwave I guess.

Just fire a volley of missiles and explosives. Carpet bomb the area. Not sure how explosives work in vacuum tho, not as much shockwave I guess.

No shockwave at all, indeed (or very tiny in vaccum; there are other things that can carry shockwave in space, like EM field, but they are kinda rare). On the other hand the energy of the shockwave is now stored in the explosion (blast + shrapnels) that isn't slowed down that much.

Basically if you get hit by the direct blast or shrapnel, it's worse. If you don't, you have nothing to be afraid of.

That JBFabrication are definitely "partners" with CIG. They make the computer desks (which CIG have used at conventions?), they also did the life-size dragonfly speeder for CIG's convention last year iirc.

I've also heard BoredGamer shill for JBFabrication on his livstreams. I believe their might even be a family connection between senior CIG executives and JBFabrication (can't get a source of the top off my head).

Last edited:
You know, Shroud Citizen does not sound half bad :p

Well, the two games go back some way, for example, in 2016 they had a cross promotion thing going on. And an earlier one as well

Here you can read how the Citizens reacted to it...

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4wdcpf Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4wdcpf/new_shroud_of_the_avatar_and_star_citizen_cross/

Hi, after taking a long break from following Star Citizen I though I gonna check it out again. So what is the state of the best space sim ever to be made so far?

After having taken a quick look to their website, forums, youtube and reddit it seems the thing is on its way to hibernation, like not a lot of marketing videos and such anymore. As far as I could see the game is still a horrible cryengine mod with still nothing substantial to do. Is it about to finally die?

Hi, after taking a long break from following Star Citizen I though I gonna check it out again. So what is the state of the best space sim ever to be made so far?

After having taken a quick look to their website, forums, youtube and reddit it seems the thing is on its way to hibernation, like not a lot of marketing videos and such anymore. As far as I could see the game is still a horrible cryengine mod with still nothing substantial to do. Is it about to finally die?
On the contrary. Just look at this thread. Still collects a lot of interest.

So after Sandworms, Shrouders would also be imported from another sci-fi universe? (don't click on link if you don't want to read spoilers about the insanely great Revelation Space universe by Alastair Reynolds)

Quality series.

Have you ever noticed that sometimes when approaching a planet in ED it blinks?

That which is not dead may eternal lie, and with strage eons even Star Citizen may release.

The problem rather becomes that “strange” no longer seems applicable at that point.

I guess “regular every day eons” doesn't quite have the same poetic ring to it.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom