The Star Citizen Thread V10

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Any other Discworld fans having a hard time with this guy's surname? ;)

zu6oVmK.jpg

No, seems about right.

Last edited:
Who says it's a train? Maybe it's just a loading screen and the carriage stands still while there is a city passing by projected at the windows.
That would appear to be more difficult to achieve and far less optimal than simply moving the train so is likely what they went with.

When you find out that something has never been attempted before, sometimes it's best to just accept that instead of considering it a challenge.

Last edited:
I dont really care if he is "technically" or "legally" in the clear. And stating "you should ve known better" doesnt make all of this okay either so that "seek medical health" statement is putting the blame on the victim.

No crime therefore no victims, whether you like it or not.
All the backers choose to give away money into a high risk environment with a serious chance for failure and I'm not talking about SC, I mean crowdfunding as a whole.
That Crobear smelled the blood, like a great white, and developed one of the most predatory monetization schemes I'v ever seen is just the icing on the take.
Maybe people should get away from hyping "great names" of the past like Garriot, Schaefer, Molyneaux and Crobear, those guys had their prime a long time ago, stop giving them money and let them fade away into obscurity.
These guys are like dinosaurs, you like to watch them in a museum but you certainly won't like to have them living around you.

And given the large sums some did spend and obviously still are spending it seems my comment about seeking medical help is quite valid.

Last edited:
No crime therefore no victims, whether you like it or not.
All the backers choose to give away money into a high risk environment with a serious chance for failure and I'm not talking about SC, I mean crowdfunding as a whole.
That Crobear smelled the blood, like a great white, and developed one of the most predatory monetization schemes I'v ever seen is just the icing on the take.
Maybe people should get away from hyping "great names" of the past like Garriot, Schaefer, Molyneaux and Crobear, those guys had their prime a long time ago, stop giving them money and let them fade away into obscurity.
These guys are like dinosaurs, you like to watch them in a museum but you certainly won't like to have them living around you.

And given the large sums some did spend and obviously still are spending it seems my comment about seeking medical help is quite valid.

I understand what you are saying and yeah, I wont be able to "prove" malpractice or SC being a scam in court but as a private person discussing a topic of interest I simply "call it as I see it"...its an opinion after all.

And your "medical help" sideline wasnt coined on people who pledge gigantic amounts of money or continue doing so despite all the red flags and facts available. You rather put it on everybody who spends money, even 5 $ on crowdfunding projects. I agree with your refined statement, not with the original one :)

And your "medical help" sideline wasnt coined on people who pledge gigantic amounts of money or continue doing so despite all the red flags and facts available. You rather put it on everybody who spends money, even 5 $ on crowdfunding projects. I agree with your refined statement, not with the original one :)

I admit, I should have worded it better.

I understand what you are saying and yeah, I wont be able to "prove" malpractice or SC being a scam in court but as a private person discussing a topic of interest I simply "call it as I see it"...its an opinion after all.

Would you mind if I started publicly accusing you of crimes because it 'is how I see it', even if I couldnt prove it? Mods, is this ok? If not, can we have a list of who we can accuse?

My initial thought when I heard about the management selling shares was "EXIT STRATEGY" but we are only talking about roughly 10% here, thats not much of a firesale IMO. It does help with liquidity in the short term tho. I m not surprised that they did it, financial problems were projected for years already despite all the claims of "healthy and financially secure" humbug voiced in the face of logic. Did CiG address this issue in a public statement in the meanwhile? I didnt see anything but maybe only the "worthy" people got mail?
You only saw 10 % of the UK company sold off. Nobody can tell what's happening in the US. Maybe the US operation is completely owned by somebody else already.

Would you mind if I started publicly accusing you of crimes because it 'is how I see it', even if I couldnt prove it? Mods, is this ok? If not, can we have a list of who we can accuse?

Something can be immoral (and deserving of being called out) without being illegal.

But this is getting a bit philosophical.

You only saw 10 % of the UK company sold off. Nobody can tell what's happening in the US. Maybe the US operation is completely owned by somebody else already.

The possibility that they sold a certain percentage of CIG is not unrealistic, which again rises the question: Does Mr. Offner represent himself or a client?
I would assume he's the representative of a new share holder which isn't known because the US filings are not public.

It's not a crime to fool people.
Something can be immoral (and deserving of being called out) without being illegal.

But this is getting a bit philosophical.

Sure. But accusing someone of commit fraud is, as is saying CR is intentionally scamming people. So I am just asking trying to get clarification from the mods if accusing people by name of crimes is okay or not. :)

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom