The Star Citizen Thread V10

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
It's going to be a complete pain...hope they price the damned thing at over $500 to disuade the peasantry from ever owning one...

If I see one...I'll take the crime stat and wipe it's plate before it ever lifts off the landing pad. It should also make a nice bang when my Harbinger torps hit it. All in all...looks like I'll have a new career path in SC...Mantis hunting :)

Last edited:
Stranger than fiction...I met the 'real' Vaijero (according to him) in the PU tonight...although he also plays E-D...he insists our very own Vaijero is a clever fake. Even stranger...he was flying an 890J yuppie yacht :oops:

Asked me to pass on a hug however...

I'm betting it's the same person...just pulling my leg... he insisted he knew me from ED and being a fuel rat. Since I've never mentioned ever being a rat...even on here as far as I recall, it's very strange :p

zcTPYNk.jpg
You got me there, never knew that, and i've been hanging around here for ages...

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Sounds like Q Dampening is just a good old Elite style ship mass lock and Q Ensnare like a local and extremely short range interdiction. Really hope they nail that ensnare radius better otherwise you are really going to need to be very lucky. 10-20 km is basically a needle in a haystack even in the reduced SC PU scale and quantum speeds. And ships can traverse that distance with regular engines in no time .

Last edited:
Sounds like Q Dampening is just a good old Elite style ship mass lock and Q Ensnare like a local and extremely short range interdiction. Really hope they nail that ensnare radius better otherwise you are really going to need to be very lucky. 10-20 km is basically a needle in a haystack even in the reduced SC PU scale and quantum speeds. And ships can traverse that distance with regular engines in no time .
It doesn't matter when in your dreams, you interdi... ensnare ships left and right, like a righteous judge ascended from heavens!

Disco Lando: "Time for one more Question. What techincal challenges need to be overcome to bring ship to station, ship to ship docking?"
Sean Tracy: "Umm..." \laughs, looks at Mark Abent, smiles, laughs some more.*
Dude on far left (no idea who he is): "I don't know"
Sean Tracy: "No no no... it's more... we were just running through in our heads... I'm I'm sure for Mark Abent it's the same, we're both thinking to ourselves,"
*looks at Mark Abent
"'Well there's nothing really stopping it, but.."
Mark Abent: "One thing" \raises eyebrows and smiles*
Sean Tracy: "What thing?"
Mark Abent: "That magical stream..."
Sean Tracy: "Which...."
Mark Abent: "CR's magical stream"
Sean Tracy: "Ohhh, the refactor business... Have we talked about that"
Mark Abent: "I don't know...umm..."
DiscoLando: "So this is where I get nervous"
Mark Abent: "so CR is an amazing programmer and has a nice little stream..."

Listen to the rest here and watch Sean Tracy's expression

Disco Lando: "Time for one more Question. What techincal challenges need to be overcome to bring ship to station, ship to ship docking?"
Sean Tracy: "Umm..." \laughs, looks at Mark Abent, smiles, laughs some more.*
Dude on far left (no idea who he is): "I don't know"
Sean Tracy: "No no no... it's more... we were just running through in our heads... I'm I'm sure for Mark Abent it's the same, we're both thinking to ourselves,"
*looks at Mark Abent
"'Well there's nothing really stopping it, but.."
Mark Abent: "One thing" \raises eyebrows and smiles*
Sean Tracy: "What thing?"
Mark Abent: "That magical stream..."
Sean Tracy: "Which...."
Mark Abent: "CR's magical stream"
Sean Tracy: "Ohhh, the refactor business... Have we talked about that"
Mark Abent: "I don't know...umm..."
DiscoLando: "So this is where I get nervous"
Mark Abent: "so CR is an amazing programmer and has a nice little stream..."

Listen to the rest here and watch Sean Tracy's expression

You couldn't make this stuff up if you tried. It's like SC lives in its own bizarro plane of existence... let's call it CR's magical stream.

I REALLY hope they also add the same kind of tech to OTHER ships and not lock in that ability in one easily identifiable hull.

It's no fun if one cannot use Q-ships and simple open up the cargo bay and blast the targets with hidden weapons.

What I do hope for is there will be some kind of way to avoid an "interdiction". Sure the area of effect is limited, sure it's expensive energy wise, sure you can choose safer routes (though I don't see how it can be possible given the non controllable "supercruise") but if there's no way to NOT get hooked by an interdiction it'll be infuriating.

I remember when AI interdictions were like that in ED, it was basically as stupid and inelegant as an old JRPG with invisible random encounters.

And any sane person know you can't count on CIG to make the feature consistent, exploit/bug-free and balanced.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom