The Star Citizen Thread V10

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Well, the Mantis was not TOO expensive, only the cost of two+ complete games at 135 USD.

That said, for CIG it's "cheap".

I cannot say i would have any use for such a one-trick pony.

By Shrach on SomethingAwful forums

gLBOeLk.jpg

This is the cash flow statement of the UK group. To explain the numbers, this is what it means nearly line by line:​
1. At the end of 2017 they had cash and cash equivalents of some £4m in the UK group.​
2. During 2018 through the normal course of trading, the UK group spent £3.7m more in cash than it received.​
3. During 2018 they received £16.5m in cash from outside investment (The Calder money).​
4. During 2018 they repaid the outstanding bank loans of £1.5m.​
5. Using the above, at the end of 2018 they had £4m - £3.7m + £16.5m - £1.5m = £15.3m cash remaining.​
6. £15.3m - £4m means that cash reserves increased by £11.3m during the year​
So basically, at the end of 2018 they were already tucking into the outside investment by some £5.2m, or roughly a third was already gone. Obviously there is more to it but this info is a rough guide.​
Looks to me like either Sq42 needs to ship by end of 2020 (but according to roadmap it simply can't) or further outside investment is required, assuming whale-backer confidence and spending stays constant (which it will).

Also of note: without the Calder investment, CIG would have gone bankrupt during 2018. The Calders effectively saved the project.
My gut feeling s42 won't launch in 2020 BUT I reckon come the end of 2020 we will see a big worldwide marketing push with proper trailers for the game ready for release sometime in 2021 .

Despite all the money whales have put into the game afaik star citizen has not been advertised much in normal channels yet so there could still be ab untapped market there.

I may be talking out of my exhaust however ;)

My gut feeling s42 won't launch in 2020 BUT I reckon come the end of 2020 we will see a big worldwide marketing push with proper trailers for the game ready for release sometime in 2021 .

Despite all the money whales have put into the game afaik star citizen has not been advertised much in normal channels yet so there could still be ab untapped market there.

Let's call it a good case scenario.

Also, latest from the bar-side rumour mill:

Have I mentioned recently that you should under no circumstances give money to these people?

Round 2...

TheAgent said:
hello part 2 (from someone waaaaay different)
  • internal planet build of Earth has taken thousands of man hours but "worth it"
  • land claims first to debut in the Sol/Home/Domus system: "Stake your claim on Earth, the moon, Mars and beyond."
  • prices for land claims will increase "massively"
  • build fortified bunkers, farms, population towers, player usable banks/stores and planetary defenses
  • "It isn't ready, but it will be ready very quickly after we show it. This groundwork is half a decade in development."
  • player controlled orbiting rest stops, cafes (the ), fueling stations and defense platforms all planned for sale
  • "Chris wanted something never seen before and that's an Earth that is completely open to exploration."
  • "As we strive for realism and fidelity, these parcels of land will eventually be worth much more than their cost."

Proper trailers for Sq42?
Source: https://youtu.be/WpgUuGunU0o

Source: https://youtu.be/8EC4WHPxnrk

Source: https://youtu.be/VppjX4to9s4

I have never seen any of those trailers in more traditional media however.
I don't know exact numbers but not everyone uses social media and what not . I reckon there will be a large number of folk who have forgotten all about star citizen or S42. Quite a lot of people don't do KSer or early access. After ED and star citizen I am one of them for the most part.

News from the exclusive realm of those that keep falling over their disposable incomes, the concierge rubber room...there's a new Chairman's club rank...Praetorian. If ye fancy dropping the price of a 3rd world countries national debt to get in, you get an exclusive black and gold 600i for free...and there's a new free badge as well :whistle:

View attachment 147246
You can tell that this is a Premium jpeg, because of the way they've added diagonal tabs to the image. :)

Strangely...the RSI website is down and the game launcher won't fire up...anyone else that plays have this issue?

I can't log in to either the website or launcher...very sinister ;)

Last edited:
How dare you enjoy something you're supposed to hate here ;)

SUPPOSED to hate? You must have mistaken the writing on the wall for something else, friend.

Nobody here is told, encouraged, or strong-armed to hate SC. To the contrary. Many here receive their dealy ration of amusement out of it, whereas others vent their scepticism. Hate? Nope. I don't hate any person, much less what might be one day called a game, given enough development.

They apparently released (or tried to release) 3.7 to live a few hours ago:

https://pastebin.com/1nXw3U54
...And to think...if I hadn't been present on an FDev forum discussing Star Citizen I would never have found that out. Go figure :)

I kinda sussed 3.7 would hit live today as last night we had a wipe in the PTU after the latest patch. Considering I play the game participate in the project, besides discussing it on here I don't particularly follow the development that much in the known circles. But hey, it's far more honest on here than anywhere else (most of the time) :D

Last edited:
So, simple maths are beyond the reach of their accountants... interesting.

NO, no, NO! ;) That's Roberts' Math! It's creative! It's never been done before! :LOL:

(Actually, I'm wondering . . . aren't there any consequences for fouling stuff up like that? German taxes agency would be up my back faster than a rat up a drain pipe if I filled out my tax return form like that...)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom