The Star Citizen Thread

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Spent the last few hours looking at youtube clips of the different ships.

<sigh>

You know the only ship that is "ok" but no where near as good as ones lower or higher than it ?

Yes you guessed it.........the one I have! :rolleyes: the MISC Freelancer ROFL

I really like the lowest ship and I LOVE the Constellation but $225 is too much for me to add to get that one. :eek:

The ship models have SO much detail on them...the landing gear, how the hatches open, all built into the models as if they were real with no "cheating" ie things that would NOT really fit if it was designed in that way.....very impressive.............

LOVE the Constellation........I'll have one one day I guess in game when I can buy the credits..........I hope it all works well offline.......:eek:

I also like the idea of going for Citizenship, there is an campaign that SP offline (ie me) can play called Squadron 42.....citizenship has benefits but of course some won't like it......

I hope I can have multiple save games so I can experiment.......... :)

I'd like to walk around in the basic hanger. :(

I have the business hanger and if you add a new ship, your current hanger expands, unless it can't hold the ship, in which case it upgrades so if I get a constellation (I wish) I would not have a business hanger I would have a deluxe.

Pity you can't have several but it makes sense to a degree.

@IanW
I didn't think it would be long for people to experiment with mods to play with things. Mods will be available for single player games/offline/personal servers so the sky is the limit there. It's amazing what people have already done.

I'd really like to have my hangars linked by doors, because I prefer the style of the Business hangar over the Deluxe hangar. So right now all I have is my Freelancer and my 300i.

But With special edition hornets being released soon I might be melting those down for a more combat capable version of the Hornet.

I want to be able to paint my cheapo hangar, I bought the lamp but there's no way to move the lamp around to add light to darker areas. Lets face it, if a poster is 1k, how much is a tin of paint going to cost? lol

Brian :)

Pity you can't have a few and just open a door and go into the other type.

ROFL I have the Business Hanger and I like the Cheap one and the Deluxe LOL I have the Freelancer and it is the only ship I don't like ROFL

Still though it makes sense. If the hangers were REAL you would not have a cheap one next to the deluxes etc you would probably have all the same types in sections anyway..........

Ahh well..............

I'd like to walk around in the basic hanger. :(
Just 'melt' (reclaim for store credit) your package, buy something else that qualifies for the Discount hangar and have a try. Then melt that package and buy the original or a different package. If you don't like the Freelancer maybe the Cutlass (Digital Pirate) is for you, this will eventually come with the Asteroid hangar.

I'm with you on the Business hangar, it's quite bland.

By the by, for anyone that doesn't know, if you get an original or veteran backer to buy your package and gift it to you before late November then it comes with LTI (lifetime insurance). What I've done for a few people now is have them buy a package (so the actual purchase is attributed to their account, making them a backer), then gift that to me, I then melt it (after a mandatory 24hr cooldown) and buy the same thing with LTI and gift it back to them.

Cheers Commander. Yes I could try that. I really only like the Aurora, that real small one and the Constellation I think it is called but I can't put in $250....I'll earn that one in game hopefully (offline too) ;-)

I'm not too confident with all this melting..... :)

Star Citizen hits $19mill raised

Just seen a report showing that Star Citzen has now raised more than $19mill :eek:

Star Citizen story

Considering that this shows there is a clear market for this kind of project, it might take away valuable players from ED...

Is this good for ED?

Or is it bad for ED?

Coincidentally, whats the current figure that ED has raised?

~Ende~

Considering that this shows there is a clear market for this kind of project, it might take away valuable players from ED...

From what I've seen quite the opposite - they're helping to drive interest in Elite. We are nowhere near market saturation for space sims, so I'm fairly sure any increase in interest in this type of gaming is a positive force for Elite.

I agree with Darren. The fact that Star Citizen is helping to bring space sims back into the public consciousness is only doing good things for Elite. It will help widen the market, making it easier for Elite to gain critical mass once its released. Also, a lot of SC pledgers will probably buy a copy while waiting for SC. As someone said elsewhere, it's not competition if people are buying both games, which I suspect a lot of people will. I have already.

I think it's good for ED. With so many space fans backing SC, they will all want something to do while they wait for SC to be released :D

As said before me, it will be good for E: D.

What will be less good, if both games do very well, will be the piles of shap clones that will follow in their wake.

I'm inclined to agree with Darren; any additional publicity for the genre in general is good for everyone in the space. We have had plenty of people find out about Elite: Dangerous already through initially becoming interested in Star Citizen and ultimately there are enough differences between the two games (as well as X Rebirth, EvE: Valkyrie, etc) that people will eventually gravitate to the experience that they believe will interest them the most.

Also the general reception to our output and ideas from the Star Citizen community so far has been extremely positive, its great to see this explosion in activity and interest around a genre which has been largely dormant for the past 10 years, and I think all space sim fans can be thankful for that.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom