Engineers The Technetium Thread

I got a couple dozen on Muan Nu (#2) within an hour or so.

I think I have enough for the future to not have to monkey with it again, even for future ships/upgrades.

They were found in the shiny/yellow outcrops (mostly). One rock spat out 3 (x3) of them.

I had to jump around a few planets with 1.3% but i hit gold with...

Synuefai YZ-S c6-0 A 1

Which has 1.6% i have gathered 21 in last hour, mostly from Bronzite Chondrite.

Postscript:- I've now got 21 technetium (7 drops) in about 2 hours.

I combined this ...

... with this ...

... and RNGeezus smiled (this time). Thanks all, much rep has been spread, and I hope this thread is of use to fellow sufferers.

The RNG gods somehow are in Cahoots with FD. There is a small section of code built into your game which gets to know what Material you are looking for, it links to the RNG God machine so it knows to HIDE all that material and stumble across HUGE amounts of stuff you so much off, you could open up a shop selling it.

Trust me this IS TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!

Wibble Wibble. underpants on head and pencil up my nostrils!

Last edited:
I dunno if anyone else has noticed this, but I seem to get Technetium at a pretty decent rate from Bronzite Chondrites. Literally like 1 drop for every 2-4 that I bust. So I usually prioritize those, only second to the Metallic Meteorites. The Golden Outcrops are usually decent too.

The planet I use for Tech has a ~1.4% drop, and it is worth noting that I tend to find more inside of Impact craters and at the base of the peak or prominence in the center of those craters. I think those are supposed to represent the geysers/volcanoes. Be nice if they had some type of active jet or crusty rim to delineate them as such. I seem to get crap drops when prospecting random uninteresting flat areas.

Hope that helps. Good Luck (excepting you griefers... then I wish you only the worst luck). Fly Safe and Praise the Suns!!

I get my Technetium from Tetrian

The first 2 landable planets there have 1.2 and 1.3% Technetium respectively. I can usually find a few chunks there quite quickly

EDIT: I'm guessing someone wants rapid fire weapons :)

Great tip... I found what I needed in like 10 minutes.

Overcharged is still better for MCs, IMO - at least for C3 and C4 MCs. Small ships with weak distributors will benefit from C1 and C2 rapid-fire MCs way more than, say, a Python would benefit from C3 rapid-fire MCs.

I used Overcharged Weapons initially but found that a) they pull too much power from the capacitor and b) tend to overheat more. By switching to Rapid Fire MCs has given me much more sustainability of fire power with both MCs and laser weapons. Both of these weapons (especially pulse, burst somewhat but not beam lasers) gives me continuous fire with only two pips in weapons. This way I can wear down any ship in PvE with ease. PvP will probably not like the small reduction in burst fire power but for sustained fire power, you can't beat Rapid Fire mods. I've switched nearly all my weapons over to this mod now.

Sustained fire power is better, especially on turret laser weapons (I usually go for small and medium sized pulse laser turrets on my large ships with the large and huge slots with gymballed rapid fire MCs). It's a great combo!

Last edited:
Yesterday I was down at Muang seeing Broo Tarquin for my rapid fire Pulse laser mods. I ran out of Tc so I tried HIP 3999 A1 https://eddb.io/body/113742, which is a short hop from Muang (24.26ly, 47ls). However, despite the 1.3% Tc drop rate, the surface is mostly rough and the high 1.27G rather unforgiving. I'll not be going back there sadly.

Last edited:
I get my Technetium from Tetrian

The first 2 landable planets there have 1.2 and 1.3% Technetium respectively. I can usually find a few chunks there quite quickly

EDIT: I'm guessing someone wants rapid fire weapons :)

How Smooth are these planets?

I had to jump around a few planets with 1.3% but i hit gold with...

Synuefai YZ-S c6-0 A 1

Which has 1.6% i have gathered 21 in last hour, mostly from Bronzite Chondrite.

Same question, how Smooth is the planet? Pity it's 860 Ly out from Sol...

Last edited:
Surface mats prospecting. Should I head towards Darker areas on planet surfaces ?

Hi all, I've had this delema a few times so others probably have too... When you are approaching a planet that you intend to go material prospecting on, do you go for the darker patches on the surface or doesn't it matter? I always try to find a smooth area, but should I bother with darker patches? Do these darker areas just spawn more iron or are low percent rares more concentrated here?

As I recall they are quite featureless, it's been a while since I was there.

Thanks for getting back to me! Then I'll go check them out later today! Hopefully they won't be stupidly high G world's. Thanks for the heads up as the bodies details are not on EDDB...

https://eddb.io/system/17631

Edit. I can confirm that this is an excellent location for technetium :D

Last edited:
If it helps

Got a bunch messing around in Sol... I fancied having a bit of a grand tour so I took a spin on all the landable bodies. Think it was one of the moons of Uranus had a load

as I write this I want to promise you this is not a wind up - there is Technetium near Uranus

Still not a joke, promise

Top Bottom