The Things are coming, we cannot stop them ... and we need your help!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Capture.PNG

I got 3 more at the same time, after handing in 3 donation missions. That ain't a coincidence. (I'll post them when I get back in game later - one is a duplicate of the one I posted previously, which is currently broken as it doesn't give any message after scanning (already reported).

I got 3 more at the same time, after handing in 3 donation missions. That ain't a coincidence. (I'll post them when I get back in game later - one is a duplicate of the one I posted previously, which is currently broken as it doesn't give any message after scanning (already reported).

Ok I agree. I am getting Tip Off missions as a side effect of handing in lots of missions. I got 3 yesterday.

2t0IznU.jpg

YLn1Imi.jpg

9xnWm2N.jpg

Last edited:
Ok I agree. I am getting Tip Off missions as a side effect of handing in lots of missions. I got 3 yesterday.

I got Tip Off missions for ... two of those (don't know how to do spoilers) but both sites were just large settlements, one which caned my shiny metal butt, the other I managed to get in and scan everything but the mission logs didn't change (got a million credits for the scan tho). I searched (haphazardly) all around those coordinates, but nothing crashed ship wise.

Was wondering whether to report it as bug but as the tip never mentioned crash sites specifically I held off...

Oh right...
Ive had loads of these :( Ive been deleting them as I thought they where just crappy pay side missions, like the deliver the goods to us and we will pay you 10k instead of the 2mil I would get. :)
Might do a few next time.

I could only wish that these tip-offs would mean something, alas, they have amounted to nothing, they are individual events and not related.

Sigh...

OMG OMG they're coming!!!!! :eek:[where is it]

...don't listen to those who accuse Frontier of creating a tedious, drawn-out anti-climax :O - I've been reacting like this everyday, since the OP was posted!

:rolleyes: One more time then - "Quick everyone - battlestations!...battlestations!"

Okay this crap really es me off. Im in orbit over Nguna 1 and Im being told that I need a permit to land so I can complete a tip off mission. When I got the mission I was thinking wow cool this will be fun, something awesome may come of this. Almost 2 hours of my Friday night gaming gone all because F-Dev have failed to fix a problem that has been on going since like early 2016.. TOTAL CRAP not happy at all........

Things are still coming I guess :D

I have to admit the first tip offs were quite interesting, too bad it has taken so long time to evolve into something.
The question still remains, whether these messages relate to aliens aka Thargoids, Guardians or rogue AI.

Last edited:
I have cross-checked my tip-offs with other cmdrs', and I have to say that many of these coordinates are the same - same systems, same planets, same crash sites. But the messages are different. It seems that the tip-off events are just randomly generated using persistent POI's as targets. As it is, I don't think they are related to any special event, or even add up to special missions. It's all just random in-game non-related fun.

Do you need some holy water with that?

Am I right in understanding this thread was written as a prelude to the Thargoids appearing? They're well and truly here now. Don't think we need to investigate their whereabouts any more.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom