The Titan Stratagem

Paul_Crowther

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
Taranis is defeated and Leigong (HIP 8887) appears to be your next target.

The community's success at Taranis was hugely impressive but the remaining Titans will test your coordination. They'll need to be much more vulnerable for your attacks to be effective. It's time to take back every star system and make that final assault count.

Get to work, Commanders.

Ahem - being kinda coordinated over here https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/thargoid-invasion-next-target-systems.612125/

edit:
titan_forecast.png

Leigong is now ready for next week. Hearts should be easier to attack (like Taranis) from the Thursday restart and will probably be finished on Friday - Saturday latest, so be prepared. Probable explosion on Saturday or Sunday.

Anyone wanting to help prepare Oya - which will be next - join the fun over on the link above

Last edited:
Have carrier parked in the staging area—check!
Have 6 different AX combat ships—check!
Have a stockpile of AX cannons, modshards, Gauss cannons, nanite torpedos, missiles, plasma chargers, a Swiss army knife and a few sharp sticks for good measure—check!
Have scary-looking paintjobs, space suits and decals—check!

Let's roll!✊

If you have a better resource on the forums

I am sort of blind folded doing stuff. I collected some black boxes and pods etc. No idea if it is effective. And I got distracted and am building something to kill glaives and hunter to revenge all these interdictions.

Oooor, we could befriend one of the titans by delivering a massive amount of resources, like Meta Alloys. (I'm not joking, pleaaaase FDev add a mechanic that lets me help the Thargoids; doesn't matter how inefficient it issss)
Kill Cmdrs? Perhaps you’re not a miner of salt but it’s just about the only thing to do if you want to help the Thargoids.

Kill Cmdrs? Perhaps you’re not a miner of salt but it’s just about the only thing to do if you want to help the Thargoids.
I did this in the past. A LOT. All it did is get me betrayed, vilified and written off as a ganker/cheater/bug lover etc etc, every name under the sun.

And this does not help the Thargoids, because people can just do AX in solo or private groups. I cannot sanely proceed any further unless Frontier kindly adds a mechanism for helping goids.

I wonder if remaining Taranis systems (could) have lowered difficulty. Or at least be given some counterstrikes or something...

With all these official congratulatory posts about the destruction of Taranis, I wonder whether we're going to find a bad surprise where the titan stood, once the cloud dissipates. 🤔
My guess is yes. I’m not getting very positive or “You did a superb job” vibes from some of the ambience surrounding it all.

(Or Frontier doesn’t actually want us to feel great about it even if it is going to be “fine”.)
Oooor, we could befriend one of the titans by delivering a massive amount of resources, like Meta Alloys
I’ve said it before but doesn’t hurt to mention again - I’d 100% jump on the opportunity to help a Titan, even if it were to repair it after human destructive nature happened to it. (Or at least make it be a bit less sorry for itself after becoming the center of a miniature star for a few seconds.)

Top Bottom