The Titan Stratagem

tumblr_mhb35xOVPf1rhssuho1_500.gif

Oooor, we could befriend one of the titans by delivering a massive amount of resources, like Meta Alloys. (I'm not joking, pleaaaase FDev add a mechanic that lets me help the Thargoids; doesn't matter how inefficient it issss)
Who's to say there isn't already a way?
This is inspired by a dev that said "Who's to say there isn't one?" when asked if players had a thargoid reputation.

Who's to say there isn't already a way?
This is inspired by a dev that said "Who's to say there isn't one?" when asked if players had a thargoid reputation.
  • Years of searching (within sane limits)
  • Frontier's recent MO of hinting slightly more obviously at certain mechanics
  • Frontier leaving too many loose ends to sanely search them all (like for example I could try to lure Orthrus interceptors to scan new systems but it's just one of many many possible configurations and, if it requires numerous repetitions, would require an unreasonable solo time investment given how few people want pro-goid stuff
  • (I'm tired of being subtle about this one) I spoke with Tom Kewell a few years ago on Linkedin and he said that the Thargoid reputation meter exists because, game code wise, all entities must belong to a faction. The original thargoid rep stuff were bugs, during a time where FDev were still measuring player response to the Thargoids and that at the time of the messages, there was absolutely no way to influence the rep. He said that the only way to bring about change is to convince enough people to show interest in pro-thargoid stuff and Frontier may create content in response.

I wonder if remaining Taranis systems (could) have lowered difficulty. Or at least be given some counterstrikes or something...
There's a reasonable amount of evidence that with the Titan gone, they're no longer getting their 33% weekly reinforcements, so can be picked off eventually.
(And much stronger evidence that with the Titan gone they can no longer create new Alerts, so no urgency to do so unless you specifically need that system back online for something else)

Retaking the systems around Taranis is probably also not a priority until the state of (non-)functionality of the Titan can be determined when its (quite literal) death cloud* dissipates.

*Though my Cutter would disagree with the notion of it being impenetrable. It could at least make the way in if not for the invisible barrier. Getting out would be a bigger problem that would likely need solving by torturing a lot of modules at 240 heat, or more questionable means of relogging.

Hi :)
Retaking the systems around Taranis is probably also not a priority until the state of (non-)functionality of the Titan can be determined when its (quite literal) death cloud* dissipates.

I've not been an active participant in the Thargoid / Titan wars (mainly due to being way out from the bubble most of the time exploring / mining etc.) but I did enter one of the Titan systems just out of curiosity a few days ago with a suitably equipped ship (Courier because of it's speed advantage). Yeah, I eventually saw the re-buy screen obviously! :D

Your above post however has piqued my interest though. It will be interesting (for me personally) to find out what exactly remains once the cloud does dissipate. 😶‍🌫️

Jack :)

But nobody listens and just gets hostile at me. The only option left for me is to keep directly asking the devs via the forums until they make me shut up or relent and begin adding pro goid stuff.
Fairly simple idea; make the pleiades into a not-wasteland unlike it is now and have the peaceful thargoids take up residence there; everyone gets their cake and eats it too. :D
-first time i was out there was before the ua shutdowns and i recently went back out there because i got a tip-off mission.

Heck, make the peaceful ones invincible like they were in the beginning and they will become too boring for some. :alien:

*Though my Cutter would disagree with the notion of it being impenetrable. It could at least make the way in if not for the invisible barrier. Getting out would be a bigger problem that would likely need solving by torturing a lot of modules at 240 heat, or more questionable means of relogging.
If it was up to me, id make even the cheese proofing of titans dumbproof, and lock titans remains behind clearing all its systems.
But i just want them out of my backyard :p

Fairly simple idea; make the pleiades into a not-wasteland unlike it is now and have the peaceful thargoids take up residence there; everyone gets their cake and eats it too. :D
-first time i was out there was before the ua shutdowns and i recently went back out there because i got a tip-off mission.

Heck, make the peaceful ones invincible like they were in the beginning and they will become too boring for some. :alien:
That sounds lovely. I'll take anything at this point. Now if only we could convince FDev to officially acknowledge that in-game.

But nobody listens and just gets hostile at me.
Nobody listening, I can understand somewhat - there being no valid game reason to support thargoids, and no mechanism to provide supporters with related activities.
Getting hostile - why? Or is it that your delivery of personal rhetoric is aggressive?
Support who you wish - I do in game, it is what 'play' is about, surely?

Nobody listening, I can understand somewhat - there being no valid game reason to support thargoids, and no mechanism to provide supporters with related activities.
Getting hostile - why? Or is it that your delivery of personal rhetoric is aggressive?
Support who you wish - I do in game, it is what 'play' is about, surely?
Well, because I'm small, I use cheesy tactics to make myself a bigger force. Like using the Imperial Cutter. Attacking AX-equipped ships and dodging PvP-equipped ships. Using the friends list and public resources to track hotspots of AX activity. Also I combat logged once a few years ago, in my first month of play when I was a noob and they've been using that to dismiss my value as a human being ever since.

Also, it's a vicious cycle. I can't garner interest because there's no gameplay, but no gameplay will ever be added because I can't garner enough interest. It's absurd.

Last edited:
If it was up to me, id make even the cheese proofing of titans dumbproof, and lock titans remains behind clearing all its systems.
But i just want them out of my backyard :p
To be fair, I didn’t so much cheese it as apply extreme brute force through the use of seven caustic sinks and ~8k hull hitpoints on said Cutter.

Not that it would’ve been a very useful or practical exploration build when purpose built to defy an extremely corrosive gas cloud that spins you around like you’re caught in a tornado. And I think, considering the glow at the center that remains, it might still be a tiny bit hot to go into.

Top Bottom