Community Event / Creation The 'unofficial' Elite Dangerous Lore Tour

Folks,

An official thread about the 'unofficial' Lore Tour I'm conducting! :) I understand Frontier is doing one too. Apologies for posting all over the place about this, but last time I got criticism for over-hyping an event and not letting everyone know... ;)

As one of the original Elite Dangerous official authors I thought I'd conduct a tour of the Elite Dangerous backstory and significant events, including references to the original games and sequels. So if you like your lore in depth from a long standing (36 years!) fan, this is the tour for you.

It will be live in-game, on twitch and available via youtube after the events.

All details here - please note they will be updated from time to time, so please check regularly. Kicks off on April 2nd.

Cheers,

Drew.

Last edited:
I have already prepped my ship, a Cobra Mk3 known as the "Robert Holdstock". Community colours and community decals.

Screenshot_0003.jpg

Cheers,

Drew.

Hi Folks - Just a quick update on the Lore Tour. I hadn't realised that you can no longer apply to join a private group, rather I have to invite you manually. If you want to play in the private group, send a friend request to me (CMDR Drew Wagar) and I will invite you in.

Cheers,

Drew.

Update - Lore Tour now added to EDSM Expeditions so you can sign up there

Cobra Mk iii not mandatory, fly what you want but recommended Jump Range is 20+ LY.

Solo/PG/Open up to you - Drew has PG for PC (PVE only), Ill try and update here from Discord for PS4 & XB if I know anything or if anybody else does?

Edit: XB PG - satcom2023 (PVE, PWP Only)
PS4 PG - Edit 14/03/20 - FleetComm (PVE Only) see how to join 2 posts down.

Last edited:
PS Group Instructions- From the Discord, anonymised.

PVE Only

Everyone has selected FleetComm as the PG for the tour. To access, send a PSN friend request to FleetComm_PS. Then join the FleetComm Discord and complete the PG access form for the PS4 PG which can be found in the #joining-fc-pg channel in the Discord. FleetComm Discord Invite:

https://discordapp.com/invite/0hKG2qb9ODixa7Iz

The ferry between the Bubble and the Guardians, that does "the swap" BEFORE the time scheduled for the Lore Tour, correct? I'm out in that region of space now, and I'd prefer to hitch a ride on the ferry this Thursday rather than make the journey myself.

Hi Folks - Just a quick update on the Lore Tour. I hadn't realised that you can no longer apply to join a private group, rather I have to invite you manually. If you want to play in the private group, send a friend request to me (CMDR Drew Wagar) and I will invite you in.
Could you re-add me to this group? I left awhile back to keep my location secret during private exploration ops. I don't know why Frontier feels the need to make our location public to everyone else in a group...

Ferry jumps both ways at 07.00 IGT Thursday Morning

So yes if tour starts Thursday evening after salty pre-recorded livestream fiasco* you'll have plenty of time to get to Sol.

*Doesn't matter what they say or do or don't say or don't do it will still be a salty fiasco according to the forum.

When you arrive in the instance of one of the megaships that jumps to/from the Bubble (Zende<---->Synuefe EN-H d11-96) and also whilst docked there, it gives you the time remaining to jump. We've just switched to BST in the UK so it's easy to be confused otherwise.

Just a reminder... Lore Tour in a few days - April 2nd 20:00 GMT/UTC.
Info on: https://www.drewwagar.com/announcements/elite-dangerous-lore-tour/
Also join the Discord -> https://discord.gg/FZrrhW
This is also on EDSM -> https://www.edsm.net/en/expeditions/summary/id/96/name/Elite+Dangerous+Lore+Tour

TitleDateStart PointDescription
"So it begins"2nd AprilSolHistory of Earth and the Beginnings of the Federation
"The Expansion"9th AprilTau CetiThe Early Federation
"Bread and Circuses"16th AprilAchenarHistory of the Empire
"The Writers Pt1"23rd AprilTBCSpecial Guests TBC
"Per Ardua Ad Astra"30th AprilNefertemGeneration ships and Hyperspace
"The Rise and Fall of Galcop"7th MayLaveLave, The Far Colonies and the Old Worlds
"The Great Mystery"14th MayREDACTEDThe Dark Wheel and Raxxla
"First Contact"21st May12 Trianguli, HIP 12099Thargoids and INRA
"The Writers Pt2"28th MayTBCSpecial Guests TBC
No Tour This Week4th JuneN/AN/A
"The Last Alliance"11th JuneAliothHistory of the Alliance
"Ipsos Custodes"18th JuneSynuefe IL-N C23-15The Guardians
"Beyond the Frontier"25th JunePrismThe Story of Salomé
EXTENDEDTOUREXTENDEDTOUR
"The Reorte Riedquat Line"2nd JulyRiedquatExtended Tour Prep and Assemble
(40+ Light year ship required, 50+ recommended)
"Signposts in the Void"9th JulyS171 18Visiting the NGC 7822 Emissions Nebula
"Heart and Soul"16th JulyEAFOTS BP-I D9-35The Heart and Soul Nebula marks the entrance to the Formidine Rift
"Conspiracy"23rd JulyEAFOTS EU-R c4-1 C 2
at -34.2070, -77.6690
The truth behind "The Club"
"Watch your Six"29th July
(NB Wednesday)
Pha Airg HG-Y c0
and then to
Qiedaea LA-R b52-0 Crossing the void
Crossing the void
"Zurara"5th August
(NB Wednesday)
Syreadiae JX-F c0 11An end, is to make a beginning
If you don't have your Sol permit yet, join the discord and someone will help you out on what to do. You have a few weeks for the Achernar and Alioth permits

Last edited:
Almost here! If you are joining and not back in the bubble, push that FSD beyond the limit and get back.
See you folks in SOL.

Top Bottom