Community Event / Creation The 'unofficial' Elite Dangerous Lore Tour

Relaxing in bed with a glass of wine and the video of this stream, to wind down for the night. Expecting to get more out of this than I will carriers.

It was thoroughly enjoyable and enlightening. I've been playing the game since launch but I've never really looked at Earth, the Moon or Mars properly before. Mars in particular looked gorgeous, close up. It just made me yearn for atmospheric landings.

It was thoroughly enjoyable and enlightening. I've been playing the game since launch but I've never really looked at Earth, the Moon or Mars properly before. Mars in particular looked gorgeous, close up. It just made me yearn for atmospheric landings.
Didn't it ?
I had fly a few laps around it just because.

I have already prepped my ship, a Cobra Mk3 known as the "Robert Holdstock". Community colours and community decals.

View attachment 162240

Cheers,

Drew.

I really enjoyed that Drew, thanks.

One question, where/how did you get your Cobra III paintjob? It looks fantastic.

Do I have to go there on the actual date it states on expedition summary on EDSM?

I'm doing this on PC and XBox One and completed the first leg last night on PC. I went to Sol, during my lunch today and it hasn't registered on EDSM, even though I had the updater running in the background.

EDSM expeditions can take a while to update, sometimes after you leave the system and enter another, especially if you log out it wont update at all until next jump (or maybe docking, not sure about that). Assuming EDSM not bugged, there was at least one expo where it didn't trigger the start at the right time and all had to go back to get it

No as long as you visit them between the start and end date you will get the credit. You cant go to the last one and then back to others as will already have completed but apart from that can do them in any order or go back if you missed one.

EDSM expeditions can take a while to update, sometimes after you leave the system and enter another, especially if you log out it wont update at all until next jump (or maybe docking, not sure about that). Assuming EDSM not bugged, there was at least one expo where it didn't trigger the start at the right time and all had to go back to get it

No as long as you visit them between the start and end date you will get the credit. You cant go to the last one and then back to others as will already have completed but apart from that can do them in any order or go back if you missed one.

Thanks, I'll be a little patient :D

The paint jobs and decals are "Community" ones I was given many years ago, I can't remember how or when I'm afraid!

The youtube upload of Episode 1 of my Elite Dangerous Lore Tour is up - "So it begins" - The early history of the Federation.

Tonight at (8pm UK, 7pm UTC) we continue with Episode 2 of the #EliteDangerous #LoreTour2020. Join me at Gilmour Orbiter in the #TauCeti system as we discover more about the early history of the Federation.

http://twitch.tv/drewwagar

1586419529311.png

Enjoyed the tour last night and managed to get some good screenshots. The group screenshots were a challenge, especially at Altair with the bright star washing things out. These are the best of the evening.
CdGpfuZ.jpg

gE7xIO8.jpg

jqieeRx.jpg

2QFKXlJ.jpg

vD2Yhf5.jpg
Thanks for the tour, Drew! o7

For tonight's Elite Dangerous Lore Tour we will be starting from Li Qing Jao space station at Sol and then will proceed to the Empire. :) Prepare for a dastardly tale of intrique, murder and a healthy obsession with shiny things. 8pm UK (UTC+1)

Tonight's venue is the Vesper-M4 system. In a break from the background lore for this week, we're going to be talking to one of the original book authors for the game, Kate Russell of BBC Click fame. The Vesper-M4 system was placed in game as a result of her official Elite Dangerous book "Mostly Harmless", home of the player group "Hammers of Slough". Some shenanigans in Sidewinders is likely to result. The tour resumes next week with "Generation ships and Hyperspace"

1587641207705.png

https://twitch.tv/drewwagar 8pm UK (UTC+1)

See you there, Commanders!

Cheers,

Drew.

We should all try to be in Sidewinders as a salute to the Hammers of Slough.
1080x360.png

Bring your sidey or stop by Slough Orbital in Vesper-M4 to buy one.
I'm probably going to drop a few ARX for some nice paint job and/or ship kit.

Top Bottom