Ships The Viper MKIV Owners Club.

Ok, Ok...you all convinced me. I finished yesterday my viper built for combat with everything A Rated and engineered but the thrusters, they are Grade 3 but hope to find soon those pharmaceutical things to go for Grade 5.
But even without it, its a motivated little fella. I tried it in several CZs and managed to isolate two pythons (not at once!) and took them out. It took me always some time but they were deadly and i didn't want to get a scratch on my new baby!
I go with Pulse Lasers who got both the modul malfunction effect and the railguns short range with superpunch (sorry about the names, but it was late...).

The railguns i tried first time. Engineered they give a good punch even for the small slots and i don't know if i was only lucky, but this malfunction mod had a good effect on the enemies- sometimes they were just tumbling around like a drunk on a Reeperbahn.
I maybe try to swap the Pulse and the rails, cause i managed to get good hits with the railgun. It's much more easier to aim, even with the delay and i like it much more than the plasma accelerator.

I give it another try tonight and hope for some pharmastuff out there to get the job done!

Saludos,

Bronco Flamenco

Last edited:
Just finished A-grading my PS4-Viper IV. The ship is like a nice alternative Cobra III and I have tons of fun flying around playing rogue trader in my tiny smuggling vessel.

I've loved this ship since it was introduced, but my main on PC had already left most small ships behind for larger ones when the Viper IV was introduced, and then left the bubble with an enhanced exploration Cutter forever. Now I that I can progress through all the small ships again on my second account, the Viper IV is back into action!

Deleted member 115407

D
Viper IV was the first ship that I fell in love with. I ran CZs in it, I multi-roled it, I PvP'd in it. I moved away from it for a while for the Viper III, but I just pulled the tarp off my old build, re-fitted her weapons, and took her out for a G5 engineering run for PvP.

She's real nice - a shield tank with SCB, 2 efficient PAs and a couple of small MCs (I can't recall what mods). I won't be multi-roling her anymore, I have other ships for that, but she may just go back to being my favorite small PvP ships.

Man I haven't touched my old ViperIV in some time now, but you guys are making me wanna take it out for a spin and put some life back in her! I spent a large majority of my early days running in that thing. Saw my first crashed Thargoid in it, made my first trip to the Guardian sites, even ran some CZ's and CG's up until I had enough to get my AspX.

Maybe I'll have to dust her off when I get home tonight...

P.S.: PvP build, I feel like that might be something I should use it for! I don't have a small PvP ship at the moment, something she could fill!

My new favourite ship, only got it this week and I can't see me ever dropping it it's such a versatile ship.

This is the "Nomad", using it for exploration right now.

C3DTdIG.jpg

Last edited:
Hello fellow viper 4 lovers. Am in the process of finalising my combat mk4 build and have a question about shield preference: which type of generator do you use?

My shields are backed up by a hull tank, and I've read bi weave vs threads, just wondered about people's preference for the viper. Will be engineering everything. Thanks for reading!

Hello fellow viper 4 lovers. Am in the process of finalising my combat mk4 build and have a question about shield preference: which type of generator do you use?

My shields are backed up by a hull tank, and I've read bi weave vs threads, just wondered about people's preference for the viper. Will be engineering everything. Thanks for reading!

Congrats on maybe the best allround small size ship.
You’ll have amazing survivbility because of the extreme hull, so don’t worry if your shield breaks during combat.
The mj difference between A grade and bi-weaves are small, so go with bi-weaves any day (pve) for those faster recharges
Mod them with thermal resistance. This will negate the inbuilt weakness and recharge your shields faster than heavy duty.

Even without engineering the bi-weaves and hull reinforcement option is a formidable combo.

You dont have the overall survivability of say a similarly engineered slightly bigger ship like a Python but, you can play guerrilla tactics on bigger targets all day. Decent engineered thrusters and not much will catch you, fly in take some shots fly out of range if it gets too hot and then back in when your shield is back up etc, rinse and repeat.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. Been flying one since they were available. Have a python, fas, gunship etc but keep coming back to the vipers (3 or 4). Will post a setup soon for critique.

https://eddp.co/u/5Ylbo669

This is my ideal setup. Feedback railgun, scramble pulse laser, 1 drag munition frag cannon, the other corrosive. Will take some work to get all to grade 5 but worth it. Any suggestions/edits please? Thanks!

Seems like a strong build for combat in regards to modules - almost as strong as my general duties FAS!

I actually don’t have much experience with either frags or railguns, I’ve used frags on my current FAS but switched to a multicannon with corrosive instead.

It seems like your build requires some manegement at different ranges but it looks like fun.
In general the Viper 4 main weakness is the power distributor (non engineered), it can’t really sustain a laser build in my experience. When I mained the Viper 4 I used small long rang pulses and medium multicannons with corrosive and incindiary rounds. This setup wreaked havoc

How many module reinforcement packages is best? Is two 3Ds too much (with 4D and 2D hull reinforcement packages)? I have reactive surface composite on the hull, if that affects things.

Nothing engineered except for G3 dirty drive thrusters. Will follow up with others.

How many module reinforcement packages is best? Is two 3Ds too much (with 4D and 2D hull reinforcement packages)? I have reactive surface composite on the hull, if that affects things.

Nothing engineered except for G3 dirty drive thrusters. Will follow up with others.

I've wondered this myself. If it's any help if running with ammo based weapons I put one 3d in, as I tend to rearm and repair, for longer periods in space with a laser build I run with two like yourself.

And, as it seems, the optimal mass of 4A thrusters is more than enough, I guess there is no need to think about modded light-weight alloys instead of good and heavy military grade stuff?

And, as it seems, the optimal mass of 4A thrusters is more than enough, I guess there is no need to think about modded light-weight alloys instead of good and heavy military grade stuff?

Personally go full reactive plate or military with heavy duty and heavy duty/resistance hrps. As you say thrusters can cope with it. You can get 2000 armour on such a small ship! They're hard to hit too.

Yeah, the snake can be tanky. Still, not so sure hull tanking is the way to go with a small fighter like the Viper Mk IV. I mean for you to appreciate the armour, you need to get hit. And that is not what you should be doing. It is nice to know they will not dead you the instant you receive the first rounds from a multi-cannon, but staying in the sights of a Python or a Fer-de-Lance is not what you want to be doing, iron hide or not.

What I am trying to say, I think, is I am not 100% sure Mk IV is the way to go when fighting. Multipurpose? Yes! (But I have a Python.) Fighter? Not sure, man. (I have a Viper Mk III.)

But it does look awesome, a mean snake. I love the heavy fighter vibe. If Boba Fett had to give up Slave I, he'd get a Viper Mk IV. So even though it might not be the best of the best, I will keep flying it.

I know what you mean. I love the mk3 to bits but the jump range is pants. For the record I have face tanked a fdl, and killed a vulture by ramming, both cost me about 60% hull though :S some pvp folks go with prismatics, shield cells and boosters if that's an option.

Again, I am no stone killer, but based on what little experience I have, it would appear a single 3D module reinforcement package is enough. I've managed to get the hell out of Dodge with around 20% hull and modules that still work. Without module reinforcement I've had many of them shot to pieces by the time I've hit the lower tens on hull integrity.

Great boat:D
Only need an option to clean up the worn interior or purchase a virtual bottle of Armor-all to make it pleasant inside as well :x

Top Bottom