The worst experience in my 1.5 years playing this game - Unable to shoot at Scouts in an AX CZ (or anywhere else)

I'm using this to kill scouts for the last 2-3 weeks already. As you can see, it has a Large AX MC turret and 3 small Gauss Cannons.
Working like a charm. Actually it seems to me kinda op-ed. I mean i can dance my way through 7 scouts at once, mixed types - that is including Regenerators (boy, they're really annoying), Inciters, Berserkers and Marauders - somtimes not even losing shields.

No issues whatsoever.
I have the turrets on left trigger and the Gausses on right trigger.
Hmm... so do I.

Im a bit out of date with gamer insults, but iirc, a newb(ie) (no insult) is someone whos new to a game. Nothing wrong with that, weve all been there.
A noob on the other hand is someone who's been around long enough to know better, but somehow hasnt managed to learn anything, & so is easily mistaken for a newbie.
exemplary usage "You sir, are a noob"
Thanks for the clarification. I’ve fought Thargoids before. Everything worked. This time not so much. If someone can explain why this didn’t work for me and what I was doing wrong I’ll take the Noob comment. But to call someone a Noob without that explanation is just a jerk.

OP, try this:
Put the Gauss Canons and the AX Turrets in the same firing group. Assign trigger 1 to the Gausses and trigger 2 to the Turrets. Whenever you select a new scout, press trigger 2 once. The turrets will then fire automatically at that scout. They will only stop firing if said scout is more than 2Km, you selected another, or he died. When you select another, press 2 again once!

They should behave like Gimbals, except you dont need to keep pressing the trigger, you only press once.

OP, try this:
Put the Gauss Canons and the AX Turrets in the same firing group. Assign trigger 1 to the Gausses and trigger 2 to the Turrets. Whenever you select a new scout, press trigger 2 once. The turrets will then fire automatically at that scout. They will only stop firing if said scout is more than 2Km, you selected another, or he died. When you select another, press 2 again once!

They should behave like Gimbals, except you dont need to keep pressing the trigger, you only press once.
A helpful post! First one! Thanks Commander. I updated my post. I have two AX MCs on one trigger, two Gauss on the other trigger on Group B. Nothing else on Group B. When the first Scout gets in range on the first pass, the weapons will fire. After the first pass (or if I select a different Scout) both weapons will not fire. Happened 3 times when I entered the CZ. I appreciate your help.

After you press the turret trigger, it will track&shoot that scout until it dies. If the scout is farther than 2km it will stop shooting, but will still track that scout and will resume shooting if scout is again at less than 2km
IF you select another scout, you will have to press the turret trigger again

@OP sadly, he's probably right. I have used a near identical weapon loadout on my Krait with no issues at all. The only difference is I have both my Gaus Cannons in the medium slots (why are you wasting a large slot on a medium Gauss?) and a large Flak Launcher in the top central slot. Check your firegroups? Your Gausses may not be firing if you're draining your PD with other weapons.
I’ll try your weapons load out. As soon as I enter a CZ I set 2 pips to each, and then adjust throughout the fight. Have you ever had your Gauss charge but not fire?

@OP sadly, he's probably right. I have used a near identical weapon loadout on my Krait with no issues at all. The only difference is I have both my Gaus Cannons in the medium slots (why are you wasting a large slot on a medium Gauss?) and a large Flak Launcher in the top central slot. Check your firegroups? Your Gausses may not be firing if you're draining your PD with other weapons.
Large Flak Launcher? as in Class 3? They're only available as Class 2. https://elite-dangerous.fandom.com/wiki/Remote_Release_Flak_Launcher

Seriously interested in what's going wrong here.

My FAS has 2 AX turrets, 2 gauss, both same firegroup and trigger.

Never had any problems.

Smith set up on T-10, Challenger, Asp Scout, Dropship, Conda, DBX.

Well I GUESS I'm a Noob. Turns out the hat on my T.16000 is flaky. I use it for pips. Down is 2 pips to each, and that's what I trigger when I enter a CZ, then adjust as necessary. I rarely (if ever) actually look at the pips on the display (thus being a Noob). It works sometimes. Not always. I checked it out at the AX CZ today specifically in response to a couple comments above.
I took the Thrustmaster apart, cleaned and reassembled, and now it's working all the time. At least that problem is solved.

I must say though, that Turreted weapons (all of them?) require you set the weapons to "Target Only" or they don't fire? That should be the default for all Turreted weapons. I don't use Turreted on my builds unless it's absolutely necessary, so I was unaware of the restriction. I was also unaware of the distance required to fire. It does make sense though, to avoid wasting ammo on a target too far away.

Nevertheless, I still had a very crappy time last night because of this.
Thanks to the helpful Commanders! Salt Tossers and negative comments can go ram themselves into a station, as they were absolutely no help at all, as usual.

My suspicion is they didn't actually intend for the ax turreted cannons to work like they do anyway. Just for multicrew use. Yet a bug has allowed it to work as an actual turret.

OP, try this:

This is a great idea.

Well I GUESS I'm a Noob. Turns out the hat on my T.16000 is flaky. I use it for pips. Down is 2 pips to each, and that's what I trigger when I enter a CZ, then adjust as necessary. I rarely (if ever) actually look at the pips on the display (thus being a Noob). It works sometimes. Not always. I checked it out at the AX CZ today specifically in response to a couple comments above.
I took the Thrustmaster apart, cleaned and reassembled, and now it's working all the time. At least that problem is solved.

I must say though, that Turreted weapons (all of them?) require you set the weapons to "Target Only" or they don't fire? That should be the default for all Turreted weapons. I don't use Turreted on my builds unless it's absolutely necessary, so I was unaware of the restriction. I was also unaware of the distance required to fire. It does make sense though, to avoid wasting ammo on a target too far away.

Nevertheless, I still had a very crappy time last night because of this.
Thanks to the helpful Commanders! Salt Tossers and negative comments can go ram themselves into a station, as they were absolutely no help at all, as usual.
I put the pips control on my arrows on keyboard
Use my hat for thrusters

Top Bottom