So hi everyone! so Anyone who has played or is still playing Planet Coaster knows what I'm talking about. Those who don't know this The Thememaker's Toolkit allows you to convert your 3D model creations into Planet Coaster like scenery items. also I'm giving a credit for @Leaf Productions giving me this discussion. so in my opinion next update 1.11 or when the support by frontier end for planet zoo, so I'm think we need to get Thememaker's Toolkit and then we can get What we want from scenery to fishes I think it would be much better to get the toolkit than to get a few more scenery packs because then when we get a scenery pack we only get 5 animals and in my opinion it wastes about 3 more amazing animals and don't get me wrong I'm in love with frontier's scenery and their quality,

but I think now there aren't that many themes that are missing in the game, but if we get the toolkit we can create whatever we want, so in my opinion maybe the next update should give the toolkit because probably dlc after it will be scenery and then in my opinion it would be better to turn it into an animal pack if we have another year of support by forntier it will be really great because then we will get more animals but we can also get any item we want whenever we want and we just need to create a 3d model and use the toolkit for that and upload it and it's also free so that's also good Haha and there are also wonderful scenery mods out there or even amazing fishes so I think this is the way.

Last edited:
IMO a thememakers toolkit wont be released until the very end of support - getting it sooner wouldnt mean more animal packs. It would just mean fewer packs and, therefore, fewer animals.
I said it we might get that or in the next update or in the end of the support, if we will get that I'm think we don't need anymore scenery packs(if would be another year of planet zoo) and more animal packs in my opinion It's better solution

Disagree. You assume that everyone wants to have to make their own scenery.
I say this because the amount of pieces that were in the conservation pack is, if I'm not mistaken, the dlc with the least scenery that we received and there are amazing things there like all the backstage stuff and the gutters and the 3d wall but in addition there are things there that are very good but they are not so new to us Like the new wood set, the thing that I think is the best about them is that they are not climbable, but if you want, you could create it, and that doesn't mean we don't need more scenery packs, because I like them more than animal packs, but now we got most of the things, which is amazing, but then instead getting some more special animals getting more pieces that aren't like that changes something in my opinion it's not the right thing to do even though it's great that we have many types of wood but it's a game of animals right you can build almost anything you want in this game but you still have to remember that it's a zoo game that mainly focuses on animals.

And I definitely think that after the next dlc there will be a scenery pack, which I think is excellent, but if there is another year of support, I think most of them should be animal packs, I just think it might be a bit unnecessary to miss out on animals and get more pieces that you can technically create yourself
But ok that's your opinion and you can certainly disagree.

that you can technically create yourself
This specifically is what I'm taking issue with.

No, actually, I can't "technically create it myself". I'm not a 3D model designer. I'm not a graphic designer. I'm not a graphic artist. The people who work for Frontier are, though, and that is why I pay them my money for their game.

I love the animal packs (I disagree with some of the choices for them - SE Asia should have been scenery, Africa should have been animal, and North America could have been scenery, too), but I like that we get more animals twice a year. I also like the scenery, and I can say this very easily; there's no way I can ever make the scenery I want for this game.

This specifically is what I'm taking issue with.

No, actually, I can't "technically create it myself". I'm not a 3D model designer. I'm not a graphic designer. I'm not a graphic artist. The people who work for Frontier are, though, and that is why I pay them my money for their game.

I love the animal packs (I disagree with some of the choices for them - SE Asia should have been scenery, Africa should have been animal, and North America could have been scenery, too), but I like that we get more animals twice a year. I also like the scenery, and I can say this very easily; there's no way I can ever make the scenery I want for this game.
So you don't have to prepare things! Trust me dude it's like a workshop you don't have to create any blueprints and that's perfectly fine but there are people who like to do it so if you don't want to do it yourself it's absolutely fine there are people who like to maybe do it for example there are a lot of amazing mods props in nexus so think if there People who currently or at all don't want to use mods so maybe there will be modders who enjoyed making it and they want people who don't like to use mods so after we get the toolkit of course only if they want they can simply upload it and then many more people can use even if they return to planet coaster toolkit you saw what amazing things there are and I think most people there enjoyed doing it so that's my point I'm not saying you have to create it absolutely no but some people like to do it and that's it.

And I understand your point, you're right, we don't only need animal packs, I like scenery packs more, as I said, because sometimes Frontier makes beautiful animals, but for example, in the meta wishlist, not many people voted for the same animal, for example, like the Spectacled caiman, so sometimes animal packs have animals that are less exciting, but there are Animals are also exciting and in scenery packs they usually bring the most wanted animals to the game like southern white rhino or meerkat so really usually in scenery packs there are more animals that the community will like but also in animal packs like north america animal pack but another one of the things that tells me if there will be another year of support So I think it will only be animal packs and I will also tell you why because if we remember from arctic pack to aquatic pack all these were scenery packs so what if frontier does a whole year of animal pack like the year where there was only scenery pack this is just an idea.

, I just think it might be a bit unnecessary to miss out on animals and get more pieces that you can technically create yourself
But ok that's your opinion and you can certainly disagree.

‘Technically’ you can create animals for yourself too. Yes it’s more complex and sounds are more work to add in and animations even harder but, if someone has the skills, they’d be able to do it. Personally I like the current ratio of one animal pack to one animal/scenery pack. In any case, I’d prefer longer support to the premature release of a theme makers toolkit and the end of support (which I think is the realistic alternative).

‘Technically’ you can create animals for yourself too. Yes it’s more complex and sounds are more work to add in and animations even harder but, if someone has the skills, they’d be able to do it. Personally I like the current ratio of one animal pack to one animal/scenery pack. In any case, I’d prefer longer support to the premature release of a theme makers toolkit and the end of support (which I think is the realistic alternative).
I know that if I want I can, also I create animals in zt2 I was and still am a kind of designer in zt2 so I kind of know how to code and edit models and sounds and textures even though in planet zoo it might be more complicated but I know how to do it but the main problem is that I Does not use mods in planet zoo.

And I will repeat it again, I also like the fact that there is once scenery dlc and once after that animal dlc I just don't think that if there is another year of support it will be because what other scenery can you get that you can't currently create in the game with the pieces we got or with the toolkit If we receive it, there are other things that are missing, such as things for the kitchen, such as more plates, knives, and a whole lot more, but we also saw in the conservation pack the scenery we received, there are amazing things there, in my opinion, all the scenery there is excellent, but it was possible to create it with the pieces we had before, right? Maybe the items amount issue, but it was still possible to create it, for example there is a lot of backstage stuff that people created in the workshop and don't get me wrong, I'm really, really not trying to sound rude or go over the frontier , I will never do that, I admire the work of frontier so much and I appreciate so much everything they do for us, for example in the europe pack, in my opinion, there were the best pieces we have received so far, I just don't know what else we can get that's all.

While the toolkit would be fantastic, it kinda ruins the feasibility of future scenery packs. I can see some sort of the toolkit towards the end of development but there's no telling of when that may be. Edit - I just realised this is an old discussion 🤣 I'm sure this has been mentioned already

While the toolkit would be fantastic, it kinda ruins the feasibility of future scenery packs. I can see some sort of the toolkit towards the end of development but there's no telling of when that may be. Edit - I just realised this is an old discussion 🤣 I'm sure this has been mentioned already
Exactly, I don't expect toolkit until the end of support.

Top Bottom