These are the warlike Klaxians

I think people need to look up what the words "Proof" "Confirm" and "Evidence" are.

"FD showed us different aliens, confirmed current aliens friendly."

Ok.

This!

There is zero proof from then OP. For all we know DB has changed the lore since the first Thargoid encounter. These could be an entirely new race.

Either way the OP is assuming too much.

This!

There is zero proof from then OP. For all we know DB has changed the lore since the first Thargoid encounter. These could be an entirely new race.

Either way the OP is assuming too much.

Actually Premonition confirms that the Oresrians and the Klaxians exist, there in a civil war with eachother and the Oresrians are using us as a meatsheild to slow the Klaxians down while they retreat

Actually Premonition confirms that the Oresrians and the Klaxians exist, there in a civil war with eachother and the Oresrians are using us as a meatsheild to slow the Klaxians down while they retreat

Oh, you mean they both exist? Ok so you're right its now 100% proof that those red aliens are the Klaxiawhatevers and the Onions are friendly...

I think people need to look up what the words "Proof" "Confirm" and "Evidence" are.

"FD showed us different aliens, confirmed current aliens friendly."

Ok.

Rep. Thank you. I feel like I'm going mad here with everyone just repeating the same misinformation about supposed Klaxians and Oresrians over and over as if it's indisputable fact.

Firstly I never said they did not exist. I said that there was no proof that these were Klaxians or Oresrians. Even then the novel is by Drew and DB may be taking a different track.

Firstly I never said they did not exist. I said that there was no proof that these were Klaxians or Oresrians. Even then the novel is by Drew and DB may be taking a different track.

....The books. Are. LORE. Real. The book was based off of what has happend and what is going to happen

....The books. Are. LORE. Real. The book was based off of what has happend and what is going to happen

But how reliable are the sources of Information in the books, from an in universe point of view.

Joe Cmdr has no proof there are Klaxians or Oresrians

The Club may be lying, the Club may be wrong, we are only told what the Club told others, which fit their narrative.

There we no encounters with different Dynasties of Thargoids in any of the books, again, it is just what characters are told by other characters, who have an agenda.

We have the Club using the Thargoid terror to control everyone
We have Thargoids working with a mad doctor to get a whole heap of data on human tactics, to be used only against other Thargoids in a civil war we swear, not to learn human tactic to then counter them

So all that being said, whilst there may be different Dynasties of Thargoids, A Flower ship with Red Markings is not proof of it, and nor that there may be different Dynasties is proof that the flower red ships is of a different dynasty to the green flower ships.

Last edited:
The new Frontier Expo trailer confirms that people have been shooting at the "peaceful" Oresrians. These are the warlike Klaxians.

So I don't think peace will be on the table unless the Oresrians are forgiving.

https://i.redd.it/oux8gaz23gqz.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDange...the_real_thargoids_are_upon_us_and_they_look/
I dunno, the fact that they are using us at meat shields tells me that they aren't exactly friendly. If they truly were friendly they could've approached us in a more peaceful manner and asked for help. Granted some idiots might still fire upon them but the way they handled it wasn't very conductive to us wanting to help them.

Of course I wonder if they are purposefully doing it this way so we build up a method to be able to fight the klaxians while they flee. If they are just using us to flee, then I can see why they aren't coming to us in a peaceful manner since they don't want to fight the klaxians it looks like.

Oh, you mean they both exist? Ok so you're right its now 100% proof that those red aliens are the Klaxiawhatevers and the Onions are friendly...
They may not be friendly. Just neutral to us and using us for their own ends so they can retreat from the Klaxians. If they were friendly then they could've approached us in a friendly manner and asked us to help them fight their enemy and help us develop weapons to fight with them but they didn't. They did it in a pretty ambiguous manner where their methods could easily be seen as hostile.

Last edited:
There's no confirmation of "Klaxians" here at all.

The only thing that is confirmed, is that there will be a new Thargoid ship type coming.

Which is cool.

But how reliable are the sources of Information in the books, from an in universe point of view.

Joe Cmdr has no proof there are Klaxians or Oresrians

The Club may be lying, the Club may be wrong, we are only told what the Club told others, which fit their narrative.

There we no encounters with different Dynasties of Thargoids in any of the books, again, it is just what characters are told by other characters, who have an agenda.

We have the Club using the Thargoid terror to control everyone
We have Thargoids working with a mad doctor to get a whole heap of data on human tactics, to be used only against other Thargoids in a civil war we swear, not to learn human tactic to then counter them

So all that being said, whilst there may be different Dynasties of Thargoids, A Flower ship with Red Markings is not proof of it, and nor that there may be different Dynasties is proof that the flower red ships is of a different dynasty to the green flower ships.

YES! this ^

Drew just actually confirmed this in the main Aliens thread.

Not quite accurate.

Oresrians were in the original Dark Wheel novella (alongside the original Elite game) as distinct from Thargoids. They were supposedly a peaceful race similar in appearance to Thargoids. As such they both will appear in some fan-fic by me and other authors.

Klaxians, however, are only present in ED lore.

Within ED, Klaxians and Oresrians have been revealed to be subsets of the generic term 'Thargoid' (so the Dark Wheel description of the Oresrians has been retconned). Also bear in mind these are human names for alien creatures. Those creatures are unlikely to use such terms themselves. ;)

The only two books referring to the Klaxians and Oresrians are T. James' "Out of the Darkness" and my "Premonition". These are based on the lore of the game and can be considered canon in this regard. However, readers should be cautious in assuming that a statement on the Thargoids (Klaxian or Oresrian) by a character in a book is specifically correct in detail. They might be, but that character could be wrong, or lying for their own reasons. The books aren't 'pure lore', they are narratives of events in the ED universe.

Also, many of those characters are in privileged positions of knowledge, which is not available to Commanders in their ships. As such, until your ships' HUD clearly indicates "Oresrian" or "Klaxian" or something else (perhaps by some Galnet or pilots federation universal ID update or something), I think it's fair game to speculate on whether what we're seeing in game is attributable to those labels or not.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Drew.

If these really are representatives of the Oresrians and Klaxians, we need to fully understand their relationship, and whether we want to play a part in it. Right now I'd say we need more intel.

Cheers,

Drew.

Bear in mind that ED has been described as "inspired by what went before, but not bound by it." I don't think you're far off the mark. :)

Cheers,

Drew.

"Hi Drew.

I've been skeptical to the information about Klaxians given by book characters, because it all seems to be second hand info from the Oresrians. Would you say it's a fair assumption that no humans have ever met a Klaxian?"

It's an assumption. ;) Specifically I can't comment I'm afraid.

Cheers,

Drew.

While I'd like to think that the ones now are friendly and I'll benefit from not having fired upon one, except with a research drone.....but I also see this as just explaining that hey, now if you destroy a Thargoid you better watch out because they will send more battle ready Thargoids after you. So yes, the same faction as the ones we see now just the bodygaurd versions.

Interceptor gets destroyed....send in the big guns to eliminate the threat.

The new Frontier Expo trailer confirms that people have been shooting at the "peaceful" Oresrians. These are the warlike Klaxians.

So I don't think peace will be on the table unless the Oresrians are forgiving.

https://i.redd.it/oux8gaz23gqz.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDange...the_real_thargoids_are_upon_us_and_they_look/

Oops...

giphy.gif

Has anyone tried to redraw the symbol on the main picture of this thread? Its at a bad angle, but the styling is very similar to the symbols people have been recording. Still wouldn't be surprised if someone pulled off some wizardry to clear up the outer ring at least.

They are not necessarily canon though. Just as Drew anove has pointed out....and no they are not based on what is going to happen at all. They are fan fiction that is all. Proof? You don't have any.

Thanks for playing anyway

They are not necessarily canon though. Just as Drew anove has pointed out....and no they are not based on what is going to happen at all. They are fan fiction that is all. Proof? You don't have any.

Thanks for playing anyway
Whoa man, you should reread what drew said. Specifically the following "...These are based on the lore of the game and can be considered canon in this regard. However, readers should be cautious in assuming that a statement on the Thargoids (Klaxian or Oresrian) by a character in a book is specifically correct in detail. They might be, but that character could be wrong, or lying for their own reasons. ..."

The book is canon, not fan fiction. But the characters could be wrong and that chance is equal to the odds they are right. You are correct in saying there's no proof, but don't disregard the book in its entirety. The characters are canon, they've influenced the game's universe, but they are not omnipotent.

Top Bottom