These are the warlike Klaxians

Has anyone tried to redraw the symbol on the main picture of this thread? Its at a bad angle, but the styling is very similar to the symbols people have been recording. Still wouldn't be surprised if someone pulled off some wizardry to clear up the outer ring at least.

I did the redraw of the very first ones, before the scanner came out, I've looked at the image from the new red ships, though sadly it's just too distorted. You could pull something from it but it would be almost unusable.

We also found that some of the ship-icons on the existing ones are occasionally distorted so they appear to be different ones, even on good quality images, it's only via the scanner tool that people were able to confirm/disprove them and get a definitive list.

I'm afraid we need to wait for better images or scanner images before we can see that detail properly.

But I'm very excited!

If these are indeed the o's and the k's (they could very well all be k's, but the 'peaceful' ones we've encountered so far are just a research team) then we're being used as a distraction so the o's can evade the k's (not very fond of this theory and hope its not true, i'd like to find a way to communicate with the thargoids and find out what they want).

I'm really hoping that if these are all k's, the reds only appear when you've destroyed a thargoid interceptor and taken its heart.

Sorry if this has already been said, but if I remember correctly, the K's are supposed to be green, and the O's are red. The ships we've been seeing are green, so...

Just throwing that out there.

Sorry if this has already been said, but if I remember correctly, the K's are supposed to be green, and the O's are red. The ships we've been seeing are green, so...

Just throwing that out there.

K's are hostile, O's are peacful, The Klaxians are chasing the O's across the galaxy.

EDIT: Presumably chasing the O's across the galaxy, The o's are supposed to be green though, K's are hostile imediatly as shown in the Frontier Expo ED:Beyond Trailer

Last edited:
Also as an afterthought, people need to consider the descriptor of Peaceful for Os;

The Green Flower Ships are more than happy to use lethal violence on someone who is too close to them or carries Thargoid tech, or scoops up cargo they feel is theirs.

The Red Flower ships being called hostile immediately and this belonging to a Hostile race/species/caste/dynasty is ignoring the fact they have arrived to a scene where a Green Flower ship has been destroyed and its heart scooped up, so hardly evidence of a natural inclination of immediate hostility in general contact, a scenario we have yet to see.

The Red Flower ships could have been responding to an SOS from the Green one

After all the Oresrians appear in one line in the Dark wheel are a considered Deadly if you mistake them for Thargoids, clearly a "peaceful" kind those that react in a "deadly" manner over a mistaken identity.

in expanded lore it goes

"It is often stated that Oresrians are peaceful by nature, in comparison with Thargoids, but many who have experienced an Oresrian encounter would beg to differ. In fact, where Thargoids may seem cold and calculating, Oresrians have been known to have hot tempers with short fuses. Nothing will trigger this quicker than being erroneously confused with a Thargoid. Certainly no less than in any insectiod encounter, it is not recommended to engage unprepared."

Perhaps we should consider peaceful a relative descriptor and not an absolute one and fall into the trap of expecting the Oresrians are pacifists or not a threat to humanity.

Not that I am convince that Red and Green are separate Dynasties but rather different castes

Last edited:
have u guys noticed that those red ships when they warp in they come out of a thing similar to a black hole instead of the usual green cloud

have u guys noticed that those red ships when they warp in they come out of a thing similar to a black hole instead of the usual green cloud

They come out of the same cloud. Here's still from the video:
uz9Bror.png

You can see the same green/yellow space as exit points the interdictors use.

The screenshot in the OP makes it look like they have a differently shaped cockpit, but they don't...it's just the angle. They're identical except for the colouration and possibly the marking above the cockpit (which the trailer takes pains to never give you a really good look at).

Ditto.

People attacking Oresrians could as well turn the Thargoid civil war into something resembling Ur-Quan Doctrinal Conflict in SC II - this is our civil war, interfere & we kill you...

Move your civil war into our space and we will have to sort you out.

I dont know: imagine how the allied forces during D-day must have been perceived by the ants on the beach. Thats the tricky thing with aliens: seemingly evil behavior could easily be because they dont even consider the effects on us, or acknowledge us as a sentient species or lifeform. Heck, it may very well be that the distinction 'conscious species/non-conscious species/non-lifeforms' isnt universally shared!
So correct.

The very nature of words like "life" and "consciousness" are completely human inventions. There is no objective definition for these terms that can be articulated externally. Sure every human being can appreciate a rock is not alive and a pig is, or that a bacteria can be alive whereas considerations for things like a star which can grow, spawn new stars ultimately "die", just as certain fungal growths, or a virus that can even make selective choices due its chemical nature - represent the actual criteria for life is ambiguous and blurred in any scientific capacity, although human beings have a very clear intuition as to what ought or ought not count as living.

If indeed Thargoids also are not pilots of ships, but are in fact capable of surviving and moving through space as we see them (Borne further from the fact that no 'bodies' have ever been reported recovered from the so called 'crash sites') - then would it not be reasonable assumption that humans' ships are some metallic lifeform with parasites or otherwise symbiotic things (of various scales - livestick, pet birds and of course human's parasites and bacteria are all transported ) - a la Star Trek motion picture "Enterprise is infested with carbon units."

As such, and given the strange behviour that these metallic forms employ (randomly flitting back and forth occasionally popping into then out of witch space) then occasionally, some will try to attack the Thargoids, others curiously observe whilst others will completely ignore them - to be honest, sounds like exactly what happens when you have a wasps nest nearby. Some wasps go through seemingly chaotic all random behavious fllying back and forth, others might take some kind of interest in me or my dinner - then others can just go for the attack...
As such, why would I ever think that wasps as a whole are worth even trying to attempt communication with?

Sure we KNOW that wasps are not 'self aware & intellectually cognitivelly capable " enough to interact with in such a way - but could Thargoids be similarly removed in advancement beyond mankind? I think it's reasonable.

I don't believe. All Thargs are the same. The red one is just an other type of cyclops-variant in agro mode, Klaxians and Oresians, just a myth.

Last edited:
I don't believe. All Thargs are the same. The red one is just an other type of cyclops-variant in agro mode, Klaxians and Oresians, just a myth.

Indeed, all that ruckus about "O and K" makes no sense, given there hasn't been a single word on this in-game.

Besides, those names are simply awful ^^

Indeed, all that ruckus about "O and K" makes no sense, given there hasn't been a single word on this in-game.

Premonition spoilers!

They are mentioned a few times in Premonition, and that was FDEV official.

Premonition spoilers!

They are mentioned a few times in Premonition, and that was FDEV official.

Sure, but isn't that a single sentence in an english only book? It's a bit thin to build a whole research branch upon. I haven't read any books about elite, although I've beeen tempted a few times, so I might be wrong about the one sentence part, feel free to correct ^^

I agree that the whole theory about a civil/caste war between greens and reds does fit what we actually see, but as far as we know, it could be anything. The idea that there is two defined "clans" amongst thargoids is almost a fact around these forums, but unless we have a log in some dark base suggesting so it wil still be a theory based on a thin layer of paper ;)

No, not in game.
But this game is not the only source for lore.

It would be great if the game had some kind of build-in lore book that accumulates information as things progress.
In general I feel the game should become a much more self contained universe that does not depend as much on outside sources as it does. I hope that eventually we will get there.

Are you kidding?
I love them.
I like 'Oresrian' and 'Klaxian' much better than 'human' or 'homo sapiens' for example.

Last edited:
Drew Wagar:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...NOT-friendly?p=6009226&viewfull=1#post6009226

Within ED, Klaxians and Oresrians have been revealed to be subsets of the generic term 'Thargoid' (so the Dark Wheel description of the Oresrians has been retconned). Also bear in mind these are human names for alien creatures. Those creatures are unlikely to use such terms themselves. ;)

The only two books referring to the Klaxians and Oresrians are T. James' "Out of the Darkness" and my "Premonition". These are based on the lore of the game and can be considered canon in this regard. However, readers should be cautious in assuming that a statement on the Thargoids (Klaxian or Oresrian) by a character in a book is specifically correct in detail. They might be, but that character could be wrong, or lying for their own reasons. The books aren't 'pure lore', they are narratives of events in the ED universe.

Also, many of those characters are in privileged positions of knowledge, which is not available to Commanders in their ships. As such, until your ships' HUD clearly indicates "Oresrian" or "Klaxian" or something else (perhaps by some Galnet or pilots federation universal ID update or something), I think it's fair game to speculate on whether what we're seeing in game is attributable to those labels or not.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Drew.

Last edited:
Top Bottom