Things that probably won't happen (sad but true)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
1. The next DLC being 8 animals plus scenery pack (priced around £9.99 or £10.99 (your paying a little extra for both scenery and animals) which would mean that the aquatic, Arctic, Australian, South America and South East Asia packs are updated to the same. I don't think this should be free. As we brought the packs how they are. So if they were updated, we should have to pay like £2 for the new items/animals

2. Deadly diseases that kill animal babies, for example the Elephant endotheliotropic herpesvirus.

3. Animals becoming realistically bone thin because they are starving. And performing respective and destructive behaviour due to boredom

4. The energy/power generators causing fires (big or small) if they are broken down for too long

5. Small exhibit animals that are moving rodents

6. having a option to have all exhibit animals on a animated loop (exactly like how they are on the zoo tycoon xbox version) or to have them as they are now

7. The animals actually having different personalities like we were promised (if you don't care about this then why have a zoo game?)

8. Large habait snakes

9. A large flying bird pack with at least eight birds, which adds like three birds to the base game

10. Expansion packs that contain more than eight animals

11. This game updating and adding more DLC as long as the Sims 4

12. Actual game play packs. For example, a small pet farm pack that allows you to make profit off milk and any vegetables you may grow. (Similar to the farm pack in Wildlife park 2)

13. Building large zoo's with more than 3,000 guests without frame rates dropping (as someone who would rather big zoo with all animals in game and a large guests count than small separate ones this is truly annoying)

14. An option to allow animals to breed the once and for the babies not to grow up (I love the no ageing option but for me it's difficult to get all the animals breeding at the same time so this will definitely help)

Can you think of anything else?

Last edited:
A lot of these were likely not included because it clashes with the games tone (animals attacking people), adds an unnecessary challenge (lightning strikes), or is just a pointless addition (starving animals being skinny).

I don't think that adding animal attacks when they escape will cause too much crashes. They did in it Jarassic Park so I don't understand why they didn't do it for planet zoo.

As for animals getting skinny, I think it is a important realistic detail for a game that promotes and educates good animal welfare.

However, I shall remove the thing about the lighting as that is indeed a unnecessary detail and it cannt be included due to some people being able to have fits due to flashing light sensitivity

Last edited:
I don't think that adding animal attacks when they escape will cause too much crashes. They did in it Jarassic Park so I don't understand why they didn't do it for planet zoo.
They never said it would crash the game, they said it would clash with the game’s tone. Which is very much true. Planet Zoo isn’t Jurassic Park, it’s a zoo simulator with animal welfare and conservation at its core, and adding animal attacks on guests would just be jarring. This is a game where the keepers waltz into the habitats of dangerous predators without a second thought, so animal attacks would completely contradict the game’s logic unless there was a significant rework of the way staff function (which obviously isn’t a realistic expectation). Not to mention that in real life, escaped animals don’t just go around chasing guests on a killing spree (and are more often killed themselves).

1. The next DLC being 8 animals plus scenery pack (priced around £9.99 or £10.99 (your paying a little extra for both scenery and animals) which would mean that the aquatic, Arctic, Australian, South America and South East Asia packs are updated to the same. I don't think this should be free. As we brought the packs how they are. So if they were updated, we should have to pay like £2 for the new items/animals
I highly doubt this will happen. It's not Frontier's MO to change their dlc structure (unfortunately). Stubborn company, 90s, not 2020s, mindset.
2. Deadly diseases that kill animal babies, for example the Elephant endotheliotropic herpesvirus.
Seems annoying to deal with. Realism does not always equal fun gameplay, so I'll pass on this one.
3. Animals becoming realistically bone thin because they are starving. And performing respective and destructive behaviour due to boredom
See above answer.
4. carnivores eating or killing guests when they escape causing a huge fine, or the risk of the zoo being forced to shut down until a inspector is happy that it is safe again. (Because the game has to be child friendly and children can't know that lions, wolves, tigers and ect can eat you. But this also shows kids that if you run, you'll be 100% fine)
Confirmed to never become a feature, thankfully. There's no reason for it. JWE is a false comparison because the entire franchise is based around people messing with dinosaurs and getting eaten. One of the main goals of a zoo irl is to not have people get attacked by animals.
5. The energy/power generators causing fires if they are broken down for too long
See answers 2 and 3. Having them breakdown is annoying enough, I don't really see a point in this.
6. Small exhibit animals that are moving rodents
Frontier said before PZ released they were not going to have mammals as exhibit animals, period. Perhaps this has changed, but again, stubborn company, so I doubt it. I would like to see rodents and other small mammals implemented somehow, but unfortunately, chances seems slim at the moment.
7. having a option to have all exhibit animals on a animated loop (exactly like how they are on the zoo tycoon xbox version) or to have them as they are now
I'm all for this, along with a big overhaul to the exhibit system. The ability to add null ceilings and walls, choose the biome (along with adding ones like temperate and grassland), and different sized exhibits for different animals would all be fantastic.
8. The animals actually having different personalities like we were promised
This would be ok, and I wouldn't be mad if it was included, but it's not my most wanted feature. Just kinda meh on it.
9. Primates being able to cause injury to the guests by throwing logs or branches if the path isn't far away enough (I watched a Chester Zoo episode where a chimp threw a stick at a keeper when asked and thought it be a cool addition to the game)
See answers 2, 3, 4.
10. Chimps being able to use their intelligence and build bridges over a water barrier to escape (this would mean you'd have to build a wall or fence if you want to do a mout like they do in real zoo's)
I can't think of any examples of this in real life to even remotely justify adding this, nor do I think the engine would be able to handle something like this. Definitely unrealistic in my book.
11. Large habait snakes
The best thing would be do add the null barriers, ceilings etc to the current exhibit system, along with more constant animations, that way you could make it appear the snakes are in larger outdoor habitats if you wanted to. But as actual habitat animals in game it wouldn't really work. Plus, no zoo keeps their snakes in huge enclosures anyways, even the biggest ones.
12. A large flying bird pack with at least eight birds, which adds like three birds to the base game
I'm guessing you mean a dlc with 8 birds, an update that adds in aviaries, and an flc that adds in 3 more birds to the base game? I'd love that, but Frontier is not Creative Assembly, so expecting them to do an flc is a big ask. Aviaries in any case, are always a big yes from me.
13. Expansion packs that contain more than eight animals
Again, stubborn company, unlikely to happen, it's a miracle we even got the 7 + 1 pack to begin with. Regardless, I'd like this a lot.
14. This game updating and adding more DLC as long as the Sims 4
It's possible, but that's a looooong time. If they can make a much, much better optimized engine that has PZ2 with birds and swimming animals from launch in say, 3-4 years, that would be an acceptable time frame. But if PZ ends this calendar year and they announce PZ2 in say, 2 years, no way I'm buying that until it's on sale for a significant reduction.
15. Actual game play packs. For example, a small pet farm pack that allows you to make profit off milk and any vegetables you may grow. (Similar to the farm pack in Wildlife park 2)
This wouldn't even be Planet Zoo, so, no thanks.
16. Seasons (I do not mean weather) actual Seasons that cause tress to lose their leaves and ice to grow on paths.
Imagining the toll on the engine in-game hurts my head. Plus, the time moves so fast in-game that this would never work correctly. Not that I believe it could be implemented at all, which I don't.
17. Building large zoo's with more than 3,000 guests without frame rates dropping (as someone who would rather big zoo with all animals in game and a large guests count than small separate ones this is truly annoying)
Yeah this would obviously be great, but the engine just won't ever be able to handle this.

Something I think will never happen? The addition of more European and North American animals. Obviously never going to happen, since rather than adding those, they're giving us the one type of animal we don't freaking need: more African animals.

I'll pretty much echo @Bearcat9948 on this one, but I'll expand on "big snakes in habitats" - there are several reasons that no zoo would do this, but the chief reason is that snakes are incredible at escape. If you don't have them enclosed, they could very easily be gone the next day. Bigger exhibits for bigger snakes, yes, definitely, but habitats? No.
I don't really want them as habitat animals, but I've seen both tiger snakes and copperheads (both of which are very venomous) kept in open enclosures (Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary in Tasmania).

What I mean is that's a hunting lexical field.
That's an outdated expanation.
Most people know they are referring to just a certain group of animals.
In photography and tourism it's used a lot and not associated with hunting.

Edit; ah someone beat me to it. Forgot to click "send" haha

If it would be an optional feature, I'd like it. Wouid make having offspring more meaningful and I like realism in my game.
Making them bone thin would be a waste of prgramming resources in my book. Unwanted beahavour due to boredome on the other hand would again be a management challenge and would teach players something realistic about animal welfare in zoos, so I'm in for it.

4. The energy/power generators causing fires (big or small) if they are broken down for too long
Would they even IRL?
5. Small exhibit animals that are moving rodents
Yes please.
6. having a option to have all exhibit animals on a animated loop (exactly like how they are on the zoo tycoon xbox version) or to have them as they are now
Would make them more lively, so I like that. Maybe I would actually use them then.
7. The animals actually having different personalities like we were promised (if you don't care about this then why have a zoo game?)
YES! They were advertised, they should be in the game. I'm starting to lose my hope though, after more than one year in.
8. Large habait snakes
There is usually a good reason why snakes are behind glass. Escape artistst and saftey issues.

9. A large flying bird pack with at least eight birds, which adds like three birds to the base game
I don't advocate free animals, but I advocate for a bigger dlc - not only for birds though. 8 Would not be enough.
10. Expansion packs that contain more than eight animals
See above, so yes.
11. This game updating and adding more DLC as long as the Sims 4
I wish, I wish. Maybe if we keep on asking for more ;)
12. Actual game play packs. For example, a small pet farm pack that allows you to make profit off milk and any vegetables you may grow. (Similar to the farm pack in Wildlife park 2)
Would be too far off drom a zoo game for me
13. Building large zoo's with more than 3,000 guests without frame rates dropping (as someone who would rather big zoo with all animals in game and a large guests count than small separate ones this is truly annoying)
Eh, the engine is the engine---
14. An option to allow animals to breed the once and for the babies not to grow up (I love the no ageing option but for me it's difficult to get all the animals breeding at the same time so this will definitely help)
Can's say much about this, as I like having progress in my zoo.
Can you think of anything else?
Hmm... no, you mentioned my main wishes with this. Bigger DLCs, looong live span and animal personalities.
However @markun monthly animal idea would be perfect but unfortunately doesn't seem to be on Frontiers radar as well.

Something I think will never happen? The addition of more European and North American animals. Obviously never going to happen, since rather than adding those, they're giving us the one type of animal we don't freaking need: more African animals.
Sad but true, I would love a beaver, moose, some elk and red deer. A cougar and a linx.

If it would be an optional feature, I'd like it. Wouid make having offspring more meaningful and I like realism in my game.

Making them bone thin would be a waste of prgramming resources in my book. Unwanted beahavour due to boredome on the other hand would again be a management challenge and would teach players something realistic about animal welfare in zoos, so I'm in for it.

Would they even IRL?

Yes please.

Would make them more lively, so I like that. Maybe I would actually use them then.

YES! They were advertised, they should be in the game. I'm starting to lose my hope though, after more than one year in.

There is usually a good reason why snakes are behind glass. Escape artistst and saftey issues.

I don't advocate free animals, but I advocate for a bigger dlc - not only for birds though. 8 Would not be enough.

See above, so yes.

I wish, I wish. Maybe if we keep on asking for more ;)

Would be too far off drom a zoo game for me

Eh, the engine is the engine---

Can's say much about this, as I like having progress in my zoo.

Hmm... no, you mentioned my main wishes with this. Bigger DLCs, looong live span and animal personalities.
However @markun monthly animal idea would be perfect but unfortunately doesn't seem to be on Frontiers radar as well.
Thank you for the detailed response, it was a interesting read, I'm glad you agreed with most of what I said and I also agree with most things that you said. Definitely, about animals being bine thin and the power generators catching on fire are a waste of animation.

Though, to be honest, after the disappointment of the African Pack, I'm rather worried about PZ future as the announcement of that Pack seems like a rip off and makes me want to stop supporting this game all together

Though, to be honest, after the disappointment of the African Pack, I'm rather worried about PZ future as the announcement of that Pack seems like a rip off and makes me want to stop supporting this game all together
May I ask why is that? Not trying to be rude, just curious.

As said above, I don't understand why it is a big disappointment, I mean, the animals are great, it's true that there were many options, but in two months and a half (I think), we can't expect a pack with building pieces as most want + the animals that everyone wants (that definitely are more than 5) to make everyone happy, I think we should be happy with what we have, african penguins are great for having in most hotter biome zoos, I think I don't have to explain why the meerkat is great, the rhino is an animal that I think everyone expected since the beginning and the fennec fox is a great addition for smaller animals and the beatle maybe is the one that could be changed the most, but it's also great.

What I mean with that is that people sometimes ask too much, I mean Forntier has only around three months to develop new animals and/or scenery pieces, and they cannot make everyone happy with its choices, because with 5 or 8 animals, they cannot pick the animals that will make every one happy.

So, I think that maybe this time you don't think that the animals are the best ones, maybe with the new pack I will be the one that doesn't like their choices, but I don't think that the African Pack is a disappointment, I think that it's only that you would've chosen other animals, just that.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom