Things you love about Elite Dangerous

The opening music when you launch the game. After three years I still raise the volume to the maximum. The crescendo of wind instruments up the final note held for several seconds is still something very powerful that it gives me shivers to the back. It still seems to me to enter another universe, ruthless and beautiful at the same time.

1. It's actually playable.
2. You can play it your way.
3. The immersion.
4. It's constantly being improved and expanded.
5. It's fun to play.

1. VR
2. Space Stations - I still remember when they first appeared in the Alpha. Blew my mind to see Elite's graphics in the 21st century
3. Ship designs
4. Flight model - I dig the balance they have struck between realistic space flight and fun action based gameplay spaceflight. Its not an easy balance.

Love:

Space flightsim
Freedom
Graphics
Sound
Lore atmosphere

Hate:

Slow development and development choices
Lack of really different ships and number of ships
Griefing pvp aspect
Lack of ingame tools

Last edited:
- Flight related mechanics - manual take off and landing, asking for permissions
- Existing non-combat oriented ways of living
- Ship outfitting

Things I like:
Flying my ships
Landing on planets (this just seems to never get old)
Graphics
Sound Design
Grind is optional
I don't have to fire my weapons for months to enjoy the game
Exploration - Well I did before the great beigeification , but this is changing soon.
Missons - Parts / some of the missions are great.
Tourist/scientist passanger missions

Things i don't like:
Basic Exploration mechanics - Changes are coming
Beige planets - Changes are coming
Combat Zones - Bland
Res sites - Bland
Mining - Bland - Changes are coming
Black Markets - Need updating with criminal factions and missions.
Pirate bases - Need proper pirate bases/systems.
Missions - Where you get certain mission doesn't make sense. Surely a faction wouldn't advertise their assasination missions for everyone to see as an example.
Bounty Hunting - Bland

I do have to admit it can be a feast for the eyes and eye do love that, but that is one of many things.
I love the ships on offer to fly, I have been playing almost a year now off and on and haven't flown half, so
far all have been fun to at least some degree.
I love flying ships, in space, in stations, along planets and moons, through rings and asteroids, I just love flying all my ships.
I love driving the SRV, going rock crawling in micro gravity is great, high G worlds are a fun challenge too.
I love bounty hunting, making wanted ships into fireworks is great, and scratches my wannabe fighter pilot itch. Still got to try a CZ.
I love the scale, I can go anywhere in the galaxy, pick any of 400b stars and see what may be there.
I love mission running, I can do 6 different things a night if I want or a lot of 1 thing.
I love the ridiculous NPC's, got a lot of balls at 0% hull dude, god bless um.
This is my first Elite game and had I knew of the first 2 I'd have owned them back then, oh well I at least can enjoy this now,
and hunt up the others too. It hasn't disappointed me so far.

Last edited:
What do i love about Elite?

Sitting in the cockpit,
getting a feeling for how the
lady handles and fly her,
while i turn my head to look
out the viewports, circling in.

Space, canopy breaching,
the low sound of the respirator,
as i disconnect all non essential
modules from the power grid before
moving in for the kill.

Getting fended off by police response
when i do my raids.

What I love still about Elite is that I can play the same game as I did back in good old '84.

What I expect is for that game, over time, to gain new features that bring it inline with modern titles.

What I get is not helping so I just continue to play the game as it was.

Top Bottom