This game crashes in wing dropping , fails instance and fighter lag is too much

cannot play the game

instancing - TRASH - players under the curtain
wing fights - TRASH - your teams needs help you get on blue tunnel game crashes multiple times non stop
enemy using fighter - TRASH - enemy is laggy and jumping abuses button for lagging more

this is 17 december 2019 it is a 2020 THREAD pretty much not 1 year ago not 3 years ago !

want recording? waste of time grinding a thread about it by the looks

These connection issues are aggravated if your wing mates hail from other time zones/countries.

Also equipment varies from player to player as well as connection speeds.

It's a wonder it works at all. There's been much discussion as to how FD gets it all to work but it has been said that their servers layout may not be optimal, the IT wonks can explain it, I don't have the knowledge to do so.

To be honest, I can't understand how anyone is able to play in open at all. I expected the forums to be filled with threads like these, I have never seen the lag this bad. I don't mind playing in Solo for a period of time, but this really should be fixed.

we (our squad/wing) always play open, means, always multiple cmdrs in one instance, no issues with lag except rubberbanding around the mailslot sometimes. Therefore I have to assume it is neither a code nor a server issue (even so the P2P used is not known to be the fastest method)

[...] I expected the forums to be filled with threads like these, I have never seen the lag this bad. [...]

Yeah, I used to talk here about these bugs but folks convinced me that there is no problem in game, but it's the fault of:
1. My broken RAM
2. My overheated GPU
3. My CPU down-throttling
4. My horrible internet connection
5. My dirty router

So I'm not talking about it enymore, because I feel like stupid
;)

/huge sarcasm. Don't mind me.

Last edited:
Yeah, I used to talk here about these bugs but folks convinced me that there is no problem in game, but it's the fault of:
1. My broken RAM
2. My overheated GPU
5. My dirty router

So I'm not talking about it enymore, because I feel like stupid
;)

/huge sarcasm. Don't mind me.
It's
1. My broken RAM
2. My overheated GPU
5. My dirty router
or
6. FDEV

Generally, if lots of people suffer from the same issue it's most likely FDEV (or nvidia, AMD, Microsoft). If just one person suffers from an issue it's most likely the computer. In some cases the problem exists between keyboard and computer. There are of course exceptions to the rule. But if someone says he gets BSODs all the time and everyone else doesn't, people shouldn't be surprised when the advice is to check RAM, CPU, HDD, GPU and drivers.

It is broken very much, and not just rubberbending anymore. Over the last few days I've seen ships teleporting back and forth near the station. I just went back to solo, screw that. I'll play open if it ever gets fixed, until then solo is better option.

Over the past couple of days, I have logged into Open in Reorte as part of the latest CG and noticed that the game has been very laggy when there a couple of other commanders present in the same instance. I haven't dropped from the game yet but performance at the CG is definitely below par.

I don't know if servers are being tweaked ahead of the upcoming release but I dont remember the game being this bad for a long time.

I don't know if servers are being tweaked ahead of the upcoming release but I dont remember the game being this bad for a long time.
Its not a server thing since the game uses P2P :).
The peers in the instance tell each other what is where. The servers that are used are for the persistence of static data.

Have you checked your router for traces of sulphur? There could be a dragon inside your router.
289px-ClavisArtis.Ms-2-27.Hortis.V3.034.jpg

OK I will record and make another thread with videos to show how bad it is and all my team mates complain the same so cannot be me because other games don't fail on me.

Well I play in open in Asterope currently, which is also quite busy system CMDR-wise. There are only a few occasions on which a drop on the coriolis there takes a few more seconds, but otherwise, it's fine. Open in Shinrarta works also fine here. Not denying your problem, just showing it's not general. Maybe it also depends on your location. I'm currently in France, the bandwidth is rather good here. In Germany I guess it wouldn't be that good, internet is sh** there.

Its not a server thing since the game uses P2P :).
The peers in the instance tell each other what is where. The servers that are used are for the persistence of static data.
I appreciate that most of the instancing is P2P but I was experiencing issues with station service screens booting up, navigation from one screen to another.
All things that I wouldn't have considered pertinent to what the other player(s) was doing.

Well I play in open in Asterope currently, which is also quite busy system CMDR-wise. There are only a few occasions on which a drop on the coriolis there takes a few more seconds, but otherwise, it's fine. Open in Shinrarta works also fine here. Not denying your problem, just showing it's not general. Maybe it also depends on your location. I'm currently in France, the bandwidth is rather good here. In Germany I guess it wouldn't be that good, internet is sh** there.
I don't think internet speed has anything to do with it. I'm on the east coast USA and I have fiber optic internet with around 70-80Mbps for upload and download (checked speed this morning). Yes, in some systems ( like in Shinrarta ) it is better but that Reorte system is a pure disaster.

Top Bottom