This Game is Boring Without Player to Player interaction

Tired of fighting NPC's that do the same thing. Tired of searching for people only to find none and when I do they're to scared to interact. The game feels lifeless.
Community Goals were the only place you knew you'd find people. Now? Nothing but a boring gank fest at eravate, shinrarta etc.. I took a one year break to come back to an even more lifeless game albeit a slightly more polished look. Elite is still one big missed opportunity and that really makes me sad.

Deleted member 38366

D
Best to hook up with a Group operating under common goals/interests and where to meet like-minded people.

There used to be a dedicated SubForum for Groups, I guess it still exists in the new Forum structure.

. Now? Nothing but a boring gank fest at eravate, shinrarta etc..

Well you've answered that yourself haven't you, as long as PvP allows uber engineered gank ships to attack players not interested in PvP then you aren't going to find any players willing to take the risk. I flew back into the bubble in a PG after circumnavigating the galaxy, wasn't going to risk 1.7b worth of data, and the NPC's as you say are easy to get away from, and that's how it should be. If you make the PvE aspect of the game so challenging that everyone without a uber engineered gank ship gets killed every time they are interdicted by a NPC then those people will simply stop playing, not suddenly join the light and play in open as some PvP'ers seem to think.

yep. I keep saying ED went through a curious "counterstrike, but it's spaceships" phase. Seems to have come out of it now, but a lot of the old interactions are no longer happening. I miss bobbing outside stations, chatting to other pilots and swapping tips and tales.

unfortunately it's become possible to build ships that can essentially one-shot others and to build squadrons of them. realistic, maybe, but hardly good gameplay. I think FDEV are working on it with the Karma system and new police units.

The ability to choose which real players you play with is one of the greatest features ever created in a video game. I liken it to having a private jet vs flying an airline using coach. Sure you meet some nice people when you fly, but you can meet nice people once you land as well. In the game, you already know nice people. Play with those people. NPCs play by rules, real players don't.

Do you want PvP or PwP?

Always opportunties for both, you just need to keep your eyes open, perhaps join a player group.

And yeah, join us driving around a planet for months.... erm... yes, we need more mad men.

I felt the same but now treat it like a space flight sim.

To me elite Dangerous is Assetto Corsa in space. Develop those 100% flight assist off skills and hit those canyons! 😘

Tired of fighting NPC's that do the same thing. Tired of searching for people only to find none and when I do they're to scared to interact. The game feels lifeless.
Community Goals were the only place you knew you'd find people. Now? Nothing but a boring gank fest at eravate, shinrarta etc.. I took a one year break to come back to an even more lifeless game albeit a slightly more polished look. Elite is still one big missed opportunity and that really makes me sad.
Interacting with people in this game was always about ganking unfortunately, because there is no reason to play with others. Even wing missions are too easy to wasting time for searching people. When you joining a player group you just siting on forum or discord and talking instead of playing. Most squadrons in this game are doing everything in private group or in solo, so what's the point to join them? It's all Frontier's fault, because they've made frankenstein online game with solo and priv group. There is no single gameplay mechanic to force people play with others in open instead of boring pvp 3vs1 mostly.

Gonna take a wild swing here....

I blame the lack of storytelling.

A couple of years ago, you could go pretty-much anywhere that Thargoid stuff was happening (in Open), you'd meet other players and, often as not, they'd be happy to join in while you poked and prodded at stuff, you could just shoot the breeze about what it all meant and what might happen next and generally just chill out.

These days, pretty-much the only spontaneous interaction a player is likely to encounter is unwanted pew-pew.
Just seems like, in lieu of anything else interesting to do, some players just decide to shoot at each other.
Which, in turn, means that players who aren't interested with that just don't bother with Open as much.

I used to play in Open probably 75% of the time, simply cos the most important thing was the likelihood of meeting up with other players.
These days, I probably play in Open ~50% of the time but not if I'm doing anything "important" cos I just don't want the hassle of pew-pew and, TBH, it kind of ruins ED for me when the game feels like a giant arena-combat game rather than a properly diverse, living, universe.

Comes to something when you have to rely on NPCs to provide variety because the players are so bloody one-dimensional and predictable. :(

Last edited:

It's an acceptable opinion, but definitely not mine.
A space game without other players is all I want.
I am willing to pay 100 bucks extra for a single player offline version.

Pretty much 100% of my in-game conversations are with people who have blown me up in the past and then foolishly accepted a friend request thinking I was interested in improving my PvP. They probably don't want a teenager angsting to them, but they damn well get it.
They're all really nice though. Love you all <3

Top Bottom