Time to pay attention to Tip Offs again?

Skimmed thread - so not sure if you're looking for this. Anyhoo - haven't done tip offs for a while, but decided to go and investigate one I'd never seen before (but I'm sure everyone else probably has :)). Balte - it's on your list (though I confess not sure what you meant by crossing it off). Anyway it's a crashed type 9 or 10. There's a cargo rack with high grade mats (antimony, rutherium etc. depending on relog) AND a Thargoid sensor. Comms is talking about getting an SRV working again....

Balte 1 a Coords: 0.62, -45.74 ship is in a hollow, but there's a small plain to land at nearby.

BTW - got the tip off when was replenishing money at Robigo - 600 LY away...

Last edited:
Skimmed thread - so not sure if you're looking for this. Anyhoo - haven't done tip offs for a while, but decided to go and investigate one I'd never seen before (but I'm sure everyone else probably has :)). Balte - it's on your list (though I confess not sure what you meant by crossing it off). Anyway it's a crashed type 9 or 10. There's a cargo rack with high grade mats (antimony, rutherium etc. depending on relog) AND a Thargoid sensor. Comms is talking about getting an SRV working again....

Balte 1 a Coords: 0.62, -45.74 ship is in a hollow, but there's a small plain to land at nearby.

Seems like that one's been around a while.
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/crash-site-at-balte-1-a.439560/

Anything happen if/when you handed in the core data or sold the TS?

.... Balte - it's on your list (though I confess not sure what you meant by crossing it off). Anyway it's a crashed type 9 or 10. There's a cargo rack with high grade mats (antimony, rutherium etc. depending on relog) AND a Thargoid sensor. Comms is talking about getting an SRV working again...."
Thank you very much for your input - I appreciate your help!!
That is a valuable information! Will visit the site again, later.
As I mentioned before, I just mapped planets with the DSS .
Why? Well, for several reasons...
I made 3 spot tests at locations where the DSS did not reveal anything and visited coordinates.
Results were negative, there was nothing. So I assumed the DSS scan would be enough - glad you proved me wrong!
I heard that there is another round trip to the TO destinations planned and hope the guys will test Tip Off sites more thoroughly, including a coordinate visit. Their main goal is to verify the Tip Off sites.
My main focus when I started this round trip, was to gather more 'breadcrumbs'.
I still have to bring a theory to proof :D
And that is really, really a lot of work for one alone.
Visited nearly 300 settlements in the past weeks (11 two-sided Din A5 pages full of locations + 1 Excel sheet ) and scanned their beacons and mapped lots of planets, but have only found a hand full of new message locations.
It appears that I missed / have not scanned something, that can give messages, too.
My strong suspicion today is, that the 'new' space installations around planets, those with comm and data points, can also hold messages. It would really make sense! The mechanic is similar to the ground bases.
And I always wondered if there are locations, where hacking the comms beacon of an installation reveals anything. This might be the something that I have missed.... I am going to check that out now.

It would be nice to have an in-game trail that leads to TDW station and thence to Raxxla. It would be a fitting replacement for the Elite/Founder missions that started the Quest for Raxxla thread but which disappeared some time ago...
Agreed! It really would be nice to finally know how FDev intends us to find things .
There are plenty of Tip Off locations and if the theory is correct, each of them could be a trail.
So chances are given that one even may even lead to a DW station.
But at the moment I don't want to raise too much hopes.

Agreed! It really would be nice to finally know how FDev intends us to find things .
There are plenty of Tip Off locations and if the theory is correct, each of them could be a trail.
So chances are given that one even may even lead to a DW station.
But at the moment I don't want to raise too much hopes.
Any of them centred on Shin Dez?

Sorry, guess I misunderstood the question.
Yes, had plenty in SD. Also in Alioth and Sol. But I have not experienced any difference between the TOs (by now)
They seem to be the same.
No problem. Was just pondering whether a TO mission within SD might be a Dark Wheel membership test/invitation. We’re still wondering where the Elite/Founder missions went to since they appeared to be Raxxla-related, though that might have been part of the Raxxla obfuscation.

Top Bottom