Titan Oya Rewards

Paul_Crowther

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
Greetings Commanders,

After some magnificent teamwork from independent pilots and the thorough application of missiles directly into the face, the Titan Oya has joined Taranis and Leigong in their new roles as galactic star fertiliser. As the remains continue to sizzle and smolder you are no doubt eager to learn more about how and when you can get your rewards for taking it down!

Whilst our latest update did introduce a number of significant stability improvements for the Titan battle we are aware that some pilots did continue to experience issues in taking on the vents and cores. For that reason we have decided on this occasion that we will be gifting the decal and ship kit rewards to all those who jumped in to take on the Titan during the week before meltdown as with the previous Titans. A reminder that these rewards are incrementally increased per number of Titans you have defeated, so if this is the third Titan you have been involved in defeating you will receive the following rewards (If this was your first please look at the rewards given for Taranis and if this was your second please look at the rewards for Leigong).

The rewards for taking down a third Titan will be added shortly and you will receive:

Decal
DecalForums.png

Ship Kit
ShipForum.jpg

Don't forget you also receive Arx from taking down hearts and gain more if you are a top contributor.

For future Titan encounters remember that you need to do the following to unlock the cosmetic rewards:

1) Have done damage to the heat core of a Titan within one week prior to it going into meltdown.
2) You need to have earned a minimum of 2M credits from hitting the core within this time (You earn less credits from the Titan when they still need weakening and have a high damage resistance)

Last edited:
Did damage to the Oya core well within the one week prior to it going into meltdown. Earned at least 25M credits from hitting the core within this time. Have the rewards for contributing to the Taranis and Leigong defeats, but did not receive/unlock the decal or Krait II kits.

The post seems to suggest that those who did not get the rewards for Oya did not perform the required tasks and that they should remember to do so in future. With my situation as an example, it seems that this is not the case and without addressing why it happened, what guarantee is there that it won't happen again for the next Titans?

Did damage to the Oya core well within the one week prior to it going into meltdown. Earned at least 25M credits from hitting the core within this time. Have the rewards for contributing to the Taranis and Leigong defeats, but did not receive/unlock the decal or Krait II kits.

The post seems to suggest that those who did not get the rewards for Oya did not perform the required tasks and that they should remember to do so in future. With my situation as an example, it seems that this is not the case and without addressing why it happened, what guarantee is there that it won't happen again for the next Titans?
Don't think the rewards are up yet, it states on the bottom of the post "The rewards for taking down a third Titan will be added shortly". Try later. o7

Read it again.
Did read it again and apologies if the inference from the reason and future suggestion was wrong. Seemed reasonable to me.

In any case, rewards are received now but there is one more thing that might be worth clarifying; it is stated to give rewards "to all those who jumped in to take on the Titan during the meltdown period". Now, I was away for the entire time the Titan was in meltdown (which is why I got my hits in on the days before) and didn't log in until after Oya had detonated. Is that a required criterion for rewards? If so, could it be explicitly stated in the requirements because I was under the impression that 1) doing damage to the core within one week of meltdown and 2) earning at least 2M credits from that damage was enough?

Just to check something if I did my 3 mil damage, the day before the Titan died will I still get the rewards? Wasn't about to watch the explosion itself. Or is the meltdown period when it becomes vulnerable ?

we will be gifting the decal and ship kit rewards to all those who jumped in to take on the Titan during the meltdown period as with the previous Titans.

This was what Paul said for the previous Titan:

For Titan Leigong we will be gifting the cosmetic rewards to everyone who jumped into HIP 8887 within the week before meltdown began

So the awards should go to any Cmdr who visited the Oya system in the 7 days prior to the last heart completing.

Last edited:
Ah so it's either do 3 mil damage in the week before meltdown or be in system during meltdown. I was at the explosion of the titan for the first 2 and met the 3 mil requirement before. This was the first one I missed the explosion for. So reading the initial post it wasn't clear.

Ah so it's either do 3 mil damage in the week before meltdown or be in system during meltdown. I was at the explosion of the titan for the first 2 and met the 3 mil requirement before. This was the first one I missed the explosion for. So reading the initial post it wasn't clear.

Yeah, "those who jumped in to take on the Titan during the meltdown period" could be misread. Since the pineapple is still buggy they're allowing anyone who visited Oya in the 7 days prior to the last heart completing to get the awards, as they did before. I don't think you have to be around in the 24 hours afterwards or watch the boom itself - the Titan can no longer be damaged in this period.

Yeah, "those who jumped in to take on the Titan during the meltdown period" could be misread. Since the pineapple is still buggy they're allowing anyone who visited Oya in the 7 days prior to the last heart completing to get the awards, as they did before. I don't think you have to be around in the 24 hours afterwards or watch the boom itself - the Titan can no longer be damaged in this period.
Ah yeah makes sense, "during the meltdown period" is just a typo/red herring.

I see they switched the decal to black to appease some who were complaining about it being white. But no white version. Just like with genies - be careful what you ask for from fdev :D

I'm very disappointed. I did over 100mil damage to the first heart. got told to hold off doing runs when all the extra alert states were added. Then during the week Oya got taken down I figured I'd done my bit and should be OK so had my ship exploring. Now it seems that because the damage I did was outside the week Oya was taken down I won't get any rewards. So much for contributing to all eight titans. I'm quite angry and controlling my language. Can't say what I want to say but the sentence starts with an F and that word gets repeated quite a bit.

I'm very disappointed. I did over 100mil damage to the first heart. got told to hold off doing runs when all the extra alert states were added. Then during the week Oya got taken down I figured I'd done my bit and should be OK so had my ship exploring. Now it seems that because the damage I did was outside the week Oya was taken down I won't get any rewards. So much for contributing to all eight titans. I'm quite angry and controlling my language. Can't say what I want to say but the sentence starts with an F and that word gets repeated quite a bit.
It has been well publicised that the damage done to the titan has to be in the week the Titan goes into meltdown to get the rewards.

Top Bottom