Titan Rewards Update

Redeem your combat bond, if any, go visit and send an affectionate hug to the Titan with torpedo and missiles, check "claims" in left panel, repeat until quota 2 Mcr is reach, proft and have fun.
What happens if a player dies in the middle of that?

I don't think it's an absurd stance to suggest that if a metric is being used as a gate, the player should have access to that metric, as well.

These new requirements seem reactive, not proactive.

Edit: There is a certain irony in that the ppl who couldn't understand the simple rules have now made the rules for success far more complicated - chef's kiss!
and they scared so much with "preemptive retaliation" that Titans gone in "self protect mode", progression status removed.

Screenshot 2024-03-05 142742.png

edit: nevermind, now progression is back, weird :)

Thank you again to everyone who got involved in showing the angry crustaceans of doom that humanity wasn't going to sit there and let them attack our worlds. We look forward to watching you squash the next one!

You are NOT WELCOME, the Thargoids are more than your "angry crustaceans of doom" descriptor!! If the community would even give thought to the idea that we could have Pro-Thargoid gameplay, try and communicate with them, then maybe the rest of the community would stop having a one sided, human supremacist view on whether or not the thargoids are good or bad! We will be seen! We will be heard! We will fight for peace!

This is a ONE OFF for the rewards though. In order to receive rewards from future Titan destruction you will need to have taken part by damaging the heat core. *

For every Titan you are involved in defeating, you will receive an incrementally more prestigious ship kit with matching paintjob for different ships, and will receive an incrementing decal.

The cosmetic rewards are cool. There should be more Titans and make it repeatable in the future otherwise you'll exclude interesting gameplay from players who currently aren't ready for the challenging event.

So....
CMDRs should earn 2Mil creds minimum in total (not at once) within a week before the meltdown to receive the reward?
(Non-english speakers are struggling too XD)
Yes. This makes rule #1 obsolete as well. Otherwise it sounds like you can take your time accumulating the 2M, then a week before meltdown get in, land a hit, and be done with it.

Thanks for the generousity so that Commanders who couldn't make it to the Taranis could get some of the wards they trying to get, they better off start working for the next Titans tho!

prosper to you all and good hunt 07

You are NOT WELCOME, the Thargoids are more than your "angry crustaceans of doom" descriptor!! If the community would even give thought to the idea that we could have Pro-Thargoid gameplay, try and communicate with them, then maybe the rest of the community would stop having a one sided, human supremacist view on whether or not the thargoids are good or bad! We will be seen! We will be heard! We will fight for peace!
it's cool to RP the Thargoid lover pacifist and all, but this is your "it's a game bruh" announcement. This has nothing to do with the community not thinking about Pro-Thargoid gameplay... there is no Pro-Thargoid gameplay. If the community stopped the current gameplay, the Thargoid part of the game would... go stale. And also, We would lose control over more and more systems. At this point in the game, the Thargoids are locked into the role of designated baddie. For now.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
What happens if a player dies in the middle of that?
Nothing as you don't lose combat bonds when you die. This, I imagine, is quite a large reason behind the timeframe.

So....
CMDRs should earn 2Mil creds minimum in total (not at once) within a week before the meltdown to receive the reward?
(Non-english speakers are struggling too XD)
Yes that is correct.

I was running a Krait with 2 torps and 3 Enhanced AX Multicannons (class 3). I was with one other person, we picked a vent next to each other, I went left they went right so we got them all. I was getting 400,000+ bond per attack on the core. Sometimes up to 700k.

So you'd only need to do 3-5 runs to hit the 2 mill, and that can be done at any point within a week before it enters meltdown.

Yes. This makes rule #1 obsolete as well. Otherwise it sounds like you can take your time accumulating the 2M, then a week before meltdown get in, land a hit, and be done with it.
I'm not sure why the week matters. If you've done your part, then you've done your part. It shouldn't matter when that occurs. Make it 5M but remove the time limit.

Nothing as you don't lose combat bonds when you die. This, I imagine, is quite a large reason behind the timeframe.
The question was how to track them, and it still stands.

Yes that is correct.

I was running a Krait with 2 torps and 3 Enhanced AX Multicannons (class 3). I was with one other person, we picked a vent next to each other, I went left they went right so we got them all. I was getting 400,000+ bond per attack on the core. Sometimes up to 700k.

So you'd only need to do 3-5 runs to hit the 2 mill, and that can be done at any point within a week before it enters meltdown.
This brings up another interesting question (that may have been asked already but I didn't see). Do the 2 million credits have to be earned in the same week the titan is destroyed, or can they be earned at any time, but the last time the core was damaged by the player has to be within a week of destruction?

And for that matter, is it a rolling week, or per weekly server restart?

I know it seems like I'm nitpicking the new rules, but I fully expect people to fall into these edge cases and fail to receive any rewards, and I just think the rules should be made crystal clear before that happens.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
The question was how to track them, and it still stands.

As others have said if you're really that concerned just hand in your bonds before you go there. Shoot it for 2 million. Hand them in

This brings up another interesting question (that may have been asked already but I didn't see). Do the 2 million credits have to be earned in the same week the titan is destroyed,
Yes, that is literally what it says

or can they be earned at any time, but the last time the core was damaged by the player has to be within a week of destruction?
No, because it doesn't say that.

And for that matter, is it a rolling week, or per weekly server restart?
It says "within one week prior to it going into meltdown"

Why would that not mean one week, and actually mean less days if it only goes to the weekly reset?

Top Bottom