Titan Rewards Update

I think it's testament to how generally delighted I am with the way Elite 2024 is shaping up that I'm finding the fact that've I've completely wasted my time for the last two days utterly hilarious!

78iu.gif

There needs to be some method to know if you're meeting the criteria, rather than just guesswork, especially since we don't actually know when the "end" will actually be, so it's not like you can plan to do your contribution at a given time.

Also, imagine if you will someone singlehandedly (I know it's pretty much impossible, but for the sake of argument) destroyed all but one heart, then wasn't able to play for the final week. As I understand it now, they'd not get the reward and that's monstrously unfair given the huge contribution they made to the overall kill.

I don't think that time frame criteria is a good idea at all...
There is a way. You can see the progress in the galaxy map and estimate the time to comple... annihilation. Some streamers already have hacked a progress bar. It's basically like a CG. Or any construction site or flood in real life.

Last edited:
Perhaps they should just give a decal, ship kit & 10,000 Arx to anyone who logs in during the final week instead, you know, like a participation in an event trophy given just for turning up?
No, OP clearly states that was a one off and actual participation is a sensible requirement.

There needs to be some method to know if you're meeting the criteria, rather than just guesswork, especially since we don't actually know when the "end" will actually be, so it's not like you can plan to do your contribution at a given time.

Also, imagine if you will someone singlehandedly (I know it's pretty much impossible, but for the sake of argument) destroyed all but one heart, then wasn't able to play for the final week. As I understand it now, they'd not get the reward and that's monstrously unfair given the huge contribution they made to the overall kill.

I don't think that time frame criteria is a good idea at all...
it's their cunning attempt to keep you playing and participating to the final (?) fall of the Titans by dangling the cosmetics carrot in front of you. Damn them for giving an incentive to keep playing...

Last edited:
No, OP clearly states that was a one off and actual participation is a sensible requirement.
Indeed, participation is a sensible requirement, but we are already having possible scenarios presented that would make just the last week counting grossly unfair...

At least @Alec Turner is able to chuckle over existing efforts... (me too, as I was tagging yesterday also!)

So it's just a cyclops looking ship kit? From a shipkit that exists already? It seems copy pasted.
For destroying a Titan...Reward not up to the task. Dissapointing.
Does it at least gonna have any kind of "Reactive" effect after killing a Thargoid or after weapons are deployed?

Last edited:

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
I have no problem with the new requirements. I just think it's a bit funny that it took a full week for the community to understand the message was "no, you don't have to kill a Titan heart/core, ANY damage will do" and when everyone got it, Frontier goes ahead and changes it to:

You don't have to kill a Titan heart/core, ANY* damage will do.
*) As long as it's worth 2m**credits
**) Damage credit worth depends on Titan resistance
Oh, and only the final week counts.

😝
The community quite often is it's own enemy tbh :unsure::ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom