Titan War - Leigong Rewards

Look forward to Thargsday update and them appearing in my outfitting screen!
Erm? .... :)

1710853746900.png

Edit: Too busy screenshotting and ninja'd

Looks nice! It sounds like if the rewards are sequential and I missed getting on Taranis, this time I will get the previous round of Chieftain kit and the first decal. Will definitely want to get in on the next Titan since I prefer the Cobra over the Chieftain anyway, these look great! Thanks for the succinct explanations. Imagine being a Thargoid War veteran and leaving in the family Cobra Mk2, returning looking like this 🤩

Imagine being a Thargoid War veteran and leaving in the family Cobra Mk2, returning looking like this
As long as you’re not Jameso… oh wait.

He’s not around now.

Also, we’re calling it the ‘Titan War’ and not the ‘Thargoid War’ now? Hmm…

Don't get me wrong: Free stuff is nice (Especially the Arx), but after this some of my friends have just given up on helping with the Titans completely. And I have to agree.
  • No black version of the decal annoys me greatly: The blasted thing is INVISIBLE on Gutamaya and Saud Kruger ships. How can I show off my Clipper which first got me into the maelstroms? I don't mind the evolution of the decal (After all, that is already in-game with the rank decals and those work very well). Seriously, any white paintjob is a goddamn curse these days.
  • There are three more Carapace packs. Again, qualifying with free stuff, BUT. This is doing disservice to the people who bought those packs because instead of new stuff, they just get reskin #5 of their ships' bling (I know of one commander who bought two of them three weeks ago and he's rather p**sed right about now). This is, in my opinion, by far the worst sin of the carapace packs. Either those people have played for long enough to earn said Arx, or they threw their wallet at Frontier after paying for the game itself.
It's saying something when the Arx are more important to me than the unique cosmetic rewards.

Last edited:
Due to RL issues I wasn't able to get in on the first Titan kill. Will there be any way to receive the final decal and ship kit when it's over?

Don't get me wrong: Free stuff is nice (Especially the Arx), but after this some of my friends have just given up on helping with the Titans completely. And I have to agree.
  • No black version of the decal annoys me greatly: The blasted thing is INVISIBLE on Gutamaya and Saud Kruger ships. How can I show off my Clipper which first got me into the maelstroms? I don't mind the evolution of the decal (After all, that is already in-game with the rank decals and those work very well). Seriously, any white paintjob is a goddamn curse these days.
this is most probably just an overlook, is (should be) easily fixable and should be a content of a ticket.
  • There are three more Carapace packs. Again, qualifying with free stuff, BUT. This is doing disservice to the people who bought those packs because instead of new stuff, they just get reskin #5 of their ships' bling (I know of one commander who bought two of them three weeks ago and he's rather p**sed right about now). This is, in my opinion, by far the worst sin of the carapace packs. Either those people have played for long enough to earn said Arx, or they threw their wallet at Frontier after paying for the game itself.
It's saying something when the Arx are more important to me than the unique cosmetic rewards.
there are people who paid the blood and sweat and got the thing and dont want to share it, and there are people who were not able to do all the hooploop dances and couldnt get the thing. people who are mad someone got something for cheaper. preengineered fsd. large corrosive resistant cargo racks. caustic sinks and tg pulse neutraliser. carapace kits.
on one hand yes, you paid for a kit that is now given for free? outrageous! however... you got the kit in prime time, you could chose which kit for which ship in which colour. you made the decision you want that and you got that. you paid for the open beta of the carapace packs and as a reward you got the full package. we now get the dollar store, literally bleached version.

on the other hand fdev decided they are going to give a ship kit for 'free' for the titan killing activity. what other ship kit would you like for them to release? should the ship kit be somewhat better, so that everyone who bought the og ones would mald even harder that they paid for subpar product? should it be remade to be worse? make a completely new kit for a free giveaway? what other ship kit should they release as a reward, other than the bleached version of the colourful ones?

i think the choice of reward is good enough and while im sorry to hear your friend is mad, he still has the prettier kits...

Thanks Paul/FDev. I think I had it covered last week with the Damage, and no broken instances for me. On to the next one, or maybe a small break to gather some mats from the wreckage of Taranis or Leigong

Thanks for the Leigong rewards!.

So, if I understood properly, people they doesn't contributes to a Titan, will lose the final titans rewards.

Being so, people killed Leigong, but not Taranis, will get rewards from Taranis. (Not Taranis rewards itself, but the "first" rewards for their first Titan kill)

People contribute to kill Oya, and don't contribute neither with Taranis nor Leigong, will get rewards with the very first rewards (Taranis one, alliance chieftain, and one star decal) and so on.

So if you miss one, and the last Titan rewards us with something you're interested in, your will never ever got that reward, even despite to take part damaging that last Titan.

Am I correct?

Last edited:
Am I the only one who feels that providing low-effort recolored Thargoid shipkits, as the reward for the defining activity in the game, is underwhelming?

Yeap, there should be no rewards whatsoever. Freeing the humanity should be a reward in itself
(yea, i missed the first 2 titans... or better said i skipped them 😂 )

Edit: and yea, i called it - rewards for just jumping in the system - hope they maintain the trend for the next 6 titans 😇

Am I the only one who feels that providing low-effort recolored Thargoid shipkits, as the reward for the defining activity in the game, is underwhelming?
Not at all. See my post above. This is probably the biggest community-driven event in-game (Dangerous Games may be the only thing rivalling it), but the unique rewards? Well, the ship kits aren't unique at all so far.

But you get a Jameson decal with a Titan in front of a Cobra plus stars above that. And a circle of bars that will eventually fill up around it.

... yeah, don't ask me to ever do a sales pitch for something. I also don't believe Jameson would be too proud, contrary to what I've seen some players claim in system chat. (People should know their history, don't you think?)

on the other hand fdev decided they are going to give a ship kit for 'free' for the titan killing activity. what other ship kit would you like for them to release? should the ship kit be somewhat better, so that everyone who bought the og ones would mald even harder that they paid for subpar product? should it be remade to be worse? make a completely new kit for a free giveaway? what other ship kit should they release as a reward, other than the bleached version of the colourful ones?
My big issue is that it's "Just" a reskin. Which is what annoys an awful lot of people. Promising unique rewards and then getting reskins leaves a bad taste in the mouth despite it being a new color variation.

Frankly, even with the base parts if you wanna re-use assets, wouldn't there be something as simple as....
Moving the cosmetics around? Say what you want, but if the Chieftain set was unique just in the fact the items are positioned differently and that the paintjob has an offset which means it doesn't look exactly like a variation of the old one. And is immediately visually distinguishable.

That would mean that... It's different. And that difference (Re-coloring isn't substantial enough) would already make it stand out.
If you want my view on it? See how the bumper is on the Cobra one? How about you instead have said kit piece rotated, on either side of the cockpit. See the "Nacelles"? Undersling them, so it's a visually different look. And how about taking the central part of the top and using it as topside engine cowling instead of an ornament. Repositioning model pieces is easy enough.
For the Chieftain, give me the Cobra-style antennae on the stems of the forward wings.. Put the wing part on top of the body and finally, instead of that tailpiece just add organic winglets positioned at the tail fins. Tadah, new unique kit from parts scavenged from the actual ship kits we have. And it's less blatant, as actual effort was put in.

Promising unique rewards
i do not recall being promised unique reward
Say what you want
say what you want but you will never be able to satisfy everyone...
you argue to make the free reward special. how special would then the paid be? tweak this here for me, tweak that for him... all adding hours of development... for what? free giveaway? that people already spit on? not to mention there can be more realities and difficulties to applying ship kits to the ships than we might be aware of... if this was any other game the titan runs would be locked behind 100 arx per 3-minute chance and a 60 quid battlepass with additional 50 quid deluxe version. recolors are common practice. you already are different from every other one by having the kit. if you want to be a special special one then buy the pretty ones.

theres plenty of things to criticise fdev for. arx and ship kits giveaways arent one of them.
i for one am very thankful for any free cosmetics i can get.
i for one see moaning about free ship kits as extremly distasteful and disrespectful to the people in the company that actually pushed for and succeeded in releasing these kinds of rewards.

Last edited:
Top Bottom