To Frontier Developement

Hello FDev,

Could we please, please, have the option to modulate our fleet carriers so we could have a variety of fleet carriers. I would love to be able to make a fleet carrier that is like a carrier. With as many little fighters as possible, where when we drop in multiple bays start releasing fighters simultaneously. You could also have different class of fighters.

Suggested classes:

Fighters (hive fighters - many fast but weaker ships)
Bombers (mines with seeking ability within a certain range - slightly increased shielding)
Mini torpedo boats (fewer but harder hitting)

Drone vs player piloted

Drones more numerous but weaker
Player based: larger and customization weapon electable

I think it would be great and immersive to be able to custom create fleet carriers so that if squadrons are working together against Thargoids you could have different carriers for different purposes.

You could have fighter/bomber class fleet carriers that have nothing but those fighter bays, if they so choose. Or completely offensive carriers with a choice of fewer large hard points vs a ridiculous but amazing amount of small hard points. Or a defensive class fleet carrier with massive shields, fewer weapons, and heal beams and repair a hive of repair limpets.

I think this would be so awesome to specialize carriers to in effect create an armada of various and niche fleet carriers. It would produce teamwork between squadrons and create a very immersive game play of people working together to fight thargoid threats in the future.

Ideas for carriers could be.

Support:
Carrier class -- as stated above with fighters/bombers, drone or player piloted.

Supply line carriers -- massive amounts of cargo holds for supplies that can be ferried to other fleet carriers that need repairs instead of always having to fly back to populated space for goods. T-9s and big ships could be employed to move cargo to damaged fleet carriers due to intense combat, and say they need certain market items for repair, much like damaged systems. This would create a sort of in-game push for economy, creating a supply and demand in the field. Players would have to stock up on market items of various types, store them in a supply line carrier, then those supplies can be ferried to other damaged fleet carriers post battle.

This could be a sort of player market, other squadrons pay the supply line carrier and in turn that squadron can then afford to restock supplies on the supply line carrier.

This would provide a deeper level of immersion, because you would have people and squadrons invested in their own fleet carriers. They would want to repair them and get them battle ready again. This could create a cool team work dynamic, and a human vs thargoid offensive.

Melee carriers -- fleet carrier built for ramming thargoid massive capitol ships. Think naval warfare here, armored tanks that plow into thargoid vessels. They have front facing modules that have thick thick hulls and increase armor and hull points massively. "Engines full forward thrust! Yes, captain!" Boom straight into the face of a thargoid. So cool!!!!

There are so many ideas and options that can be put into this and create fascinating gameplay between squadrons vs thargoids. I really hope you see this FDev and make this come to life. I think it's what the game needs and will help bring back some life to the galaxy. A real initiative and investment in a human vs alien cohesion.

Defensive class fleet carrier -- with massive shields, fewer weapons, and heal beams and repair a hive of repair limpets.

Offensive carriers - with a choice between fewer large/huge hard points vs a ridiculous but amazing amount of small/medium hard points.

Please FDev look into this for me.

And please, please, for the love of God -- balance rewards for crew play. So there is an even reward for people who would play together, or allow a slider for the ship owner to allow the choice to give his crew more earnings as reward for playing with him. This would boost crew play and teamwork, actual coop play in a big ship. Right now, no one will play with me in my ship because they get so little reward.

Edit: Also I believe this would help bridge the gap between those who are interested in mining, missions, and trade to meet those who want to fight, look into thargoids, and do communicty goals in the middle. Providing play for both sides in common goals.

Last edited:
You do know that these are called squadron fleet carriers and will very likely be for squadrons only.

Also I very much that they will move in any meaningful way.

You do know that these are called squadron fleet carriers and will very likely be for squadrons only.

Also I very much that they will move in any meaningful way.
Yes , definitely. That is what my meaning was. A squadron that could create a custom and modulated fleet carrier. Controlled by the squadron or a commander of a squadron. It would take a full squadron to build it and maintain it. The customization would be great.

Also, yes asking for it to move in battle may be asking too much of development. But it would still be cool

Also, this thread:
That would be nice for solo players. But I was thinking more of squadron play. Where there is a pilot or command and then players can work turret emplacements or launch as fighters. Etc.

Top Bottom