Totally sick of this

I have never had this happen to me before until last night. I play in VR only, but I had changed the monitor display settings to a higher resolution and adjusted the framerate from 50 to 144hz full screen. I landed, jumped out of my SRV, went to get back in and I received the black screen. I lowered my framerate back to 90 and didn't have any issues after that. I play daily on two different VR computers and have never had this happen. Maybe just a coincidence

I am having that issue from time to time when I am in a team with my friend. When one of us would enter the instance after logging in, the next SRV boarding operation would fail in many cases and the operation never completes. There's a lot more in team instances which fails from time to time (e.g. wake scanning, FSD slaving, ...)
Not ground breaking bugs, more like reduction in QoL, though. Still hoping that one of the devs will have some sympathy with us team players and go through all those minor bugs.

Not sure about ongoing tickets for it. I had an instance where the ship would simply land 50 - 100 m above ground. Just sit there in mid air with the SRV port open and no way to access it. It kept happening despite relogs and restarts. I ended up contacting Support who put me back in my ship within 48 hours.

:D S
That's normal if the ship can't find somewhere flat enough to land. You can still line yourself up with the SRV bay and board the ship, It'll yank the SRV into the air.

More importantly, you don't need to contact support for issues like these - choose help from the game's main menu and there is an "unstick" option that puts you back into orbit from wherever you are.

That's normal if the ship can't find somewhere flat enough to land. You can still line yourself up with the SRV bay and board the ship, It'll yank the SRV into the air.

More importantly, you don't need to contact support for issues like these - choose help from the game's main menu and there is an "unstick" option that puts you back into orbit from wherever you are.
Yeah I completely blanked where the "unstick" feature was for some reason. Lining up with the SRV bay did not work though.

:D S

What am I doing wrong? I spend a lot of time doing exo-biology grinding. In every single session I lose my srv at least once! I travel in my srv to the next specimen, disembark... black screen. I have let the black screen go for four hours (went grocery shopping, moved the grass, ran other errands) came back and still the black screen. So waiting it out is out. The only recourse is to exit to the main menu and log back in. When I do my F-ing SRV is back on my ship and I'm on foot far away from my ship and srv! What in the hell am I doing wrong here? Any ideas on how to correct this? This never happens in the bubble when visiting settlements, only when in deep space working exo-biology. This cannot be happening to everyone otherwise no-one would bother with exobio stuff. I have a very nice pc Ryzen 9 5900X, RTX3060, 16GB ram. I can play Star Citizen, MS Flight and other games and nothing like this happens. Any help would be much appreciated.
I've done a LOT of exo and this happened to me twice now. Very annoying. Certainly a bug of some kind, because a loss of connectivity should show an error code.

I get the black screen sometimes when disembarking. I've gotten it from SRV, ship, Apex and Frontline. It doesn't happen often, but when I do on foot activities, I tend to disembark quite a bit and there is a good chance I will get a black screen every couple of sessions or so.

Not a big issue when it happens in the hanger, but other times it can be more problematic.

I've had this bug happen a few times also, it can be a little frustrating, but it is only a matter of recalling the ship and claiming it back.

Yes, I've had to yomp a couple of Km on occasion because of being in too rough terrain for the Phantom to land, but it isn't too onerous, particularly if that enforces route march ends up finding that elusive rock-loving bio sample #3 along the way.

Yes, its a bug, it has been in the game for quite some time too. As with other non-critical bugs, it is get used to it until it is fixed, if it ever is, inconvenient - true - game breaking? Not really, well, not for me anyway.

Top Bottom