Release Trade Computer Extension Mk.II

Just wondering, I've explored a bit too but never saw one of those "MS STAR".
They might appear more in certain region of space is all. Or do you think that they popped them in on the last update ?

The were in prior to this update as I have another one in my list at http://en.ed-board.net unfortunately I don't know where that one was at.

Here's my list of stellar objects.

eFr49JP.png

Last edited:
Hi Eventure, I notice that you don't appear to have included in the market types the new dockable stations/bases that were introduced in 2.3 - I think these were Asteroid Bases and dockable Megaships. Not too sure whether the CQC type assets introduced are also dockable as yet.

I encountered my first asteroid base last night Freeholm in the Artemis system. I have a picture here for you (you'll have to excuse the quality as I haven't quite got the hang of the new camera suite as yet). Presumably you will release an update with the new types or can we add manually directly into the db?

On the subject of the camera suite does anyone have some good key bindings that they can recommend? I have tried a few different ones but none of them feel intuitive. The problem is finding some that don't necessitate having to change a host of others :(

I'll be getting to an Asteroid Base today. Eagle Sector Secure Facility - Eagle Sector IR-W d1-105 - I'll take some pictures.

What control setup are you using? Here's a guide for HOTAS:
[video=youtube;0_y5Jtx_6nw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_y5Jtx_6nw&index=6&t=36s&list=PLYice3t-NOOjW-Gopp9Zaq0XiNz2mMZou[/video]

Plus check this page out: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/344240-The-Commanders-Camera-Suite-controls

Last edited:
Insert Records Error

Hay folks..

I've been useing TCE MII 1.4.8.1 for a while,
Tried to update it today to 1.5.4.3 but keep getting an error poping up.
Insert Records Error.jpg

I have uninstalled/reinstalled
checked that the log locations are set correctly.

Clearly I am doing something wrong.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Many Thanks

hey again :) this is a question about a problem with the game not TCE Mk.II

cnthh.jpg

As you can see from the picture, the info that usually appears next to the planet when the mouse passes over it is stuck away out the bottom right of the screen.

Anybody any ideas how to fix this problem, only happened since the update and i can only see it if i zoom away out on the system map, when i zoom in it disappears altogether out the right of the screen :(

on the map screen its not there at all, can't select systems to jump to with the mouse

thanks for any help with this or can you tell me where to post it in the appropriate place to get some help :)

thanks guys :)

As you can see from the picture, the info that usually appears next to the planet when the mouse passes over it is stuck away out the bottom right of the screen.

Anybody any ideas how to fix this problem, only happened since the update and i can only see it if i zoom away out on the system map, when i zoom in it disappears altogether out the right of the screen :(

on the map screen its not there at all, can't select systems to jump to with the mouse

thanks for any help with this or can you tell me where to post it in the appropriate place to get some help :)

Change Supersampling to x1.0 if you have it set higher.

Hay folks..

View attachment 118420

Many Thanks

This is usually down to TCE being accesses by another program so it's locked, make sure you haven't got it open else where, two instances or in a Cloud Drive, failing that over to Eventure. Raise an Error via TCE start screen.

Last edited:
Hay folks..

View attachment 118420

Many Thanks

Please install the V1.5.4, install the V1.5.4.3 update, start TCE and select Database and click the Transfer button, select your old V1.4.8.1, let the scan pass and click the Start Transfer button. When finished, click Verify. If all shows green, you can launch TCE finally. That's it, for every full install, you have to transfer your old database. Don't copy it by hand.

Seems to be a bug, so post/search it at the bug forum here.

My notes have carried over and are showing up in most places they should, however...

Click on destination box, then market places, then on a market in the list. Click on the 'notes' box in that markets 'trade market summary', and it's blank with a blinking cursor.

Also, could we get a few more grid lines on the faction influence chart? I'm not sure if every 5% would make it too busy, and I only have a couple days of data shown, but it's hard to see small changes in inf in the graph.

Will check the issue. More gridlines? Okay, will try it. 5% each?

Hi Eventure, I notice that you don't appear to have included in the market types the new dockable stations/bases that were introduced in 2.3 - I think these were Asteroid Bases and dockable Megaships. Not too sure whether the CQC type assets introduced are also dockable as yet.

I encountered my first asteroid base last night Freeholm in the Artemis system. I have a picture here for you (you'll have to excuse the quality as I haven't quite got the hang of the new camera suite as yet). Presumably you will release an update with the new types or can we add manually directly into the db?

On the subject of the camera suite does anyone have some good key bindings that they can recommend? I have tried a few different ones but none of them feel intuitive. The problem is finding some that don't necessitate having to change a host of others :(

Thanks for reminder, yes, please send me pictures of all new types and I will added them to the next full release. You may add them to the db, but the final order could be different.

Hi Eventure,
Thanks for the corrections.

Another thing
I would like to have flightbook notes for just the particular entry, where I entered it. Not, as it seems to be now, for all entries of the same system name.
Also it would be helpful, if after selecting a system by a flightbook note, this system stays selected and visible after the filter has been cleared until another system is selected.
One last thing for now, which just came to my mind: a dropdown combo box with autocomplete for note searches would be very nice. It is ok, if in that box notes are truncated to one line with a length of ~15 characters.

Thanks and happy easter egg searching

All entries are connect to either markets or star systems. But I can change it to an entry note. Have to add these also to the Notes panel, so they will become searchable.
Will try to make the selected entry persistant, okay. Also an auto-complete box for the Notes panel, sir, yes, sir. :)
But give me a little time for that all, thanks.

Last edited:
NAVIGATION PANEL isn't updating after adding a planetary station, the number remains blank.

U4eIjsi.png

Restarting TCE or travelling to another systems updates the number correctly.

Last edited:
Come across 2 bugs, first the report an issue, only opens a new web page and no link to where-ever I should go to report a problem, and secondly, the summary page won't save any repositioning, I have tried moving with mouse, entering the co-ords manually in the options, and also manually editing the db file, which shows each time the app is opened, it rewrites the default position .. this is version 1.5.4.2 and 1.5.4.3

Thanks for reminder, yes, please send me pictures of all new types and I will added them to the next full release. You may add them to the db, but the final order could be different

I've sent some pictures via email. I'm logging off for today and I'm staying at the Asteroid Base so if you need anything specific let me know and I'll take the pictures tomorrow.

Last edited:
Hi Eventure,
As always thank you for your work on TCE, it just gets better and better! :)

I have one small issue, TCE isn't automatically connecting when I dock, I have to manually click on connect. It is set to auto connect when docked in the control - options.

Any idea why?

I'll be getting to an Asteroid Base today. Eagle Sector Secure Facility - Eagle Sector IR-W d1-105 - I'll take some pictures.

What control setup are you using? Here's a guide for HOTAS:

Plus check this page out: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/344240-The-Commanders-Camera-Suite-controls

Hi bAdbUd

Thanks for the reply. Although I recently got a X52 Pro I haven't set it up yet so am still using the keyboard. Perhaps the X52 will answer my problem as it will free up more keys.

I'll view the Youtube video and have a go.;)

Thanks again

Hi bAdbUd

Thanks for the reply. Although I recently got a X52 Pro I haven't set it up yet so am still using the keyboard. Perhaps the X52 will answer my problem as it will free up more keys.

I'll view the Youtube video and have a go.;)

Thanks again

I didn't follow either of thouse guides to the letter, but they both gave me good ideas about what the hell I was doing.. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hi.

Back playing the game after almost 1 year.

I am reinstalling all the tools and MKII trade computer is one of my favorite apps.

I am getting the following error after the application starts. Some time at 60% loading other times after completely loaded.

erro.png

Anyone knows why this is happening?

Thx of the help.

Best Club

Hi Eventure,
As always thank you for your work on TCE, it just gets better and better! :)

I have one small issue, TCE isn't automatically connecting when I dock, I have to manually click on connect. It is set to auto connect when docked in the control - options.

Any idea why?

If you have loaded any rare commodity, TCE stops auto-connect, because of a bug at the game.

Hi.

Back playing the game after almost 1 year.

I am reinstalling all the tools and MKII trade computer is one of my favorite apps.

I am getting the following error after the application starts. Some time at 60% loading other times after completely loaded.

View attachment 118461

Anyone knows why this is happening?

Thx of the help.

Best Club

Please update to the newest version of TCE.

That's not a bug, you need to configure windows 10 to use your email client via the browser, assuming you're using Gmail and Win10 follow this: https://www.groovypost.com/howto/add-gmail-email-windows-10-mail-app/

Thank you for your clarity, So it is a bug, as there is no indication as it is a mail link issue, in windows because if I try to apply the fix that you (bAdbUd) have pointed me to, it fails with an error code... and there is a bug with TCE II that doesn't allow me to give an error report, or give me the information to manually send an email

so following the information from the manual
TCE II Manual said:
This extension is not free of bugs, so if you encounter a problem or error, please report it to the main thread of this extension: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=223056

I am posting the bugs here

I've just found a Star Type that doesn't appear to exist in TCE list, so I selected UNKNOWN until I get there, however selecting UNKNOWN causes this error and the star type isn't updated.

Star Type is "MS STAR" never heard of them, it's actually a Carbon star.

I found MS in the star list, but the problem below still happens when you select UNKNOWN for a star type.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "" to type 'Integer' is not valid. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToInteger(String Value)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToInteger(String Value)
at Trade_Computer_Extension.Panel_Navigation.Filter_StarSystems() in F:\Trade Computer Extension\Trade Computer Extension\Panel_Navigation.vb:line 1178
at Trade_Computer_Extension.Panel_Navigation.LB_Data_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e) in F:\Trade Computer Extension\Trade Computer Extension\Panel_Navigation.vb:line 9140
at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.6.1637.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Trade Computer Extension MK.II
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///E:/TCE/Trade%20Computer%20Extension%20MK.II.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 14.6.1586.0 built by: NETFXREL2
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.6.1586.0 built by: NETFXREL2
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.6.1637.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
Win32 Version: 4.6.1638.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Data
Win32 Version: 4.6.1636.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Numerics
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
System.Xml.Linq
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
System.Data.SQLite
Assembly Version: 1.0.99.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.99.0
CodeBase: file:///E:/TCE/System.Data.SQLite.DLL
System.Transactions
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
System.EnterpriseServices
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll
System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization
Win32 Version: 4.6.1586.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I'll let you know what happens when I get there and what the Journal records it as.

I require the Journal log for the session, how the star class is spelled exactly at the entry. Thanks.

Thank you for your clarity, So it is a bug, as there is no indication as it is a mail link issue, in windows because if I try to apply the fix that you (bAdbUd) have pointed me to, it fails with an error code... and there is a bug with TCE II that doesn't allow me to give an error report, or give me the information to manually send an email

You can always report found bugs here, but I require sometimes your database with TCE.config and player.data file to reproduce the issue.
I use the Mailto function in TCE, but if you haven't installed an e-mail app, you have to send me manually an email with the ErrorReportFiles.7z, which is created when clicking the Report An Error button,
or use dropbox, etc. to provide me a link to it. Thanks.

Click on destination box, then market places, then on a market in the list. Click on the 'notes' box in that markets 'trade market summary', and it's blank with a blinking cursor.

Tried to reproduce your issue, but failed to. So, when opening the Notes panel, looking for the market, you have the issue, is the market listed in the treeview and the notes, you made, too?
Otherwise send me your DB with an example of a market, where notes were found in the Notes panel, but not at the Navigation panel. Thanks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom