Release Trade Computer Extension Mk.II

Beware of Antivirus

Whenever I click on the personal tab inside the program that shows my ship and current ranks it crashes the entire addon and the .exe file is missing from the install directory. When I try to reinstall the program the computer tells me that I do not have access to write to that file, which is missing. This has happened twice. To reinstall I need install to a new folder with a different name. I am not sure if this is Windows 10 not liking this "potentially harmful program" or if it is a problem with the software itself. Either way, I would like to know how to keep this from happening.

Thank you in advance. Other than this issue I have been enjoying the addon, really helps a newbie like me make the most of my boom deliver missions and general trading.

So I figured out what was going on. Avast Antivirus was putting the application into the virus chest. It is now on the exclusion list. Beware of your antivirus people.

Thanks guys, that was helpful to find all issues. Releasing an update soon.

I decided to give TCE another go even though I have multiple commander installations on my pc. I figured to just use it on my newest commander and get to know it. Trouble is, TCE seems to get confused - I select the correct game path etc, I launch the correct commander (presumably for it to detect settings and then closed it when it prompted me to), I have installed (and had running) EDMC with the same commander details (that seems to work fine). TCE however seems to use my original installed commander name and thinks I am in that commander's ship, it does see that I am in the correct station and that my ranks and ratings are correct although it thinks I have 0 (nil) Cr. It also doesn't seem to show the market details for that station nor notice that I have a destination set in the nav.

I assume that this is all because I have different installations for my commanders and that the original one is in the F D default and the later one is in a steam library. Is there something I have missed in the documentation for pointing EVERYTHING to the right locations or should I just give up again for now and wait for a multi-commander capable version? Or have I just been totally ham-fisted? ;)

BTW - The reason I thought it would work was because I see in recent posts that people could have TCE working with a beta.

Please try the following:
1. Install TCE to a new folder, like C:\TCE.CommanderName
2. Start the launcher of TCE and look, what commander name is shown after TCE collecting the online player data via EDMC.
3. If it is the correct commander name, start ED once without TCE until you are ingame.
4. Now launch TCE.

Background:
ED writing all journal files from all your commanders into one folder. TCE has to check every journal file before reading, if the commander name is the same as TCE detected it via EDMC.

So I figured out what was going on. Avast Antivirus was putting the application into the virus chest. It is now on the exclusion list. Beware of your antivirus people.

Thanks for reporting, only few AV apps making such an issue.

Update [1.5.3.2] released:

Changelog:
- Fixed an error when click at one of the factions button at the Factions panel.
- Fixed an issue showing all factions at the current star system.
- Fixed an issue when storing the faction names into the database.
- Fixed an display issue of the factions summary at the Factions panel.
- Fixed an issue, if the commander name is different from the player.data file at the last journal file.

Note:
Copy all files and folders from the update into your TCE installation folder to update your version.

I like to remind any user, who wants to use TCE in french, russian or spanish, to help in translating the
latest commodities and interface phrases at OneSky. Thanks in advance.

Elite Dangerous Beta Notes:
To all, who wants to test TCE and the ED beta, I suggest the following:
1. Install a beta-dedicated TCE version to your drive and name it so, like D:\TCE.beta
2. Transfer your database from your current TCE version to the beta-dedicated version by the TCE launcher, if you want to use your current database.
3. Don't forget to select the beta version of ED at the launcher of TCE.
4. After starting TCE, you can ignore or allow to process all unprocessed journal file, because TCE will ignore the non-relevant journals (all non-beta), if you have selected the ED beta in step 3.
5. EDMC is not working in beta, so the Connect button is not usable.

Last edited:
That fixed the button select for saved faction,,
but if i goto stored factions then back to current system ,, current system shows all from stored factions
something not quite right when scrolling the list

on 1st start of TCE
current system shows the factions , scroll they disappear
re-enter the faction panel , select Stored factions, then return to Current system
shows current system factions but if you scroll all factions from Stored factions show up..

but if i goto stored factions then back to current system ,, current system shows all from stored factions
something not quite right when scrolling the list
I see that as well, but if you then go back to stored factions, then back to current systems, the right list is shown.

-stuff tested and working properly:

Entering population is working correctly.
Faction name bleed through is gone.
Flew to a few systems, no errors thrown.
Sorting functions working well.

*edit 2:15 EST: inf and faction still show up in 'stored factions'. Also, when I jumped to 3rd system, at some point the faction I was tracking was cleared from the box at the top. I just re-selected it from the list below and it was fine. I'll try to replicate to see what made it disappear. It might have something to do with entering the population, as that was the only other thing I was messing with.

Last edited:
Also got another " vs ' error. The system in game is spelled Baltah'sine. Also, it shouldn't matter, but interestingly, the name of the starport is Baltha'sine Station. Notice the h and a are swapped.

error:
I5lCCsB.jpg

Discovered this bug (?) today.
Was setting up to run ED, started TCE, opened ED launcher after TCE launched and waiting. ED launched successfully, got the last save position and noticed TCE interface was gone. Popped out the windows desktop, TCE not running anymore. Clicked on shortcut, got the error "shortcut does not point to valid position" Opened the shortcut properties, clicked on it after ensuring it was pointed to the correct file location. And got this error "this app can't run on this pc". It worked this morning just fine.....
Version MK II
Windows 10
(running Avast Pro antivirus, Malwarebytes Antimalware Pro, Advance System Care 10)
I did run Elite Dangerous Market Connector after my session this morning.

I really don't want to reinstall as my database isn't that up to date (obviously must run it more often).

Any suggestions as to why windows (or some protection program decided to attack this file)???

Thanks

Discovered this bug (?) today.
Was setting up to run ED, started TCE, opened ED launcher after TCE launched and waiting. ED launched successfully, got the last save position and noticed TCE interface was gone. Popped out the windows desktop, TCE not running anymore. Clicked on shortcut, got the error "shortcut does not point to valid position" Opened the shortcut properties, clicked on it after ensuring it was pointed to the correct file location. And got this error "this app can't run on this pc". It worked this morning just fine.....
Version MK II
Windows 10
(running Avast Pro antivirus, Malwarebytes Antimalware Pro, Advance System Care 10)
I did run Elite Dangerous Market Connector after my session this morning.

I really don't want to reinstall as my database isn't that up to date (obviously must run it more often).

Any suggestions as to why windows (or some protection program decided to attack this file)???

Thanks

See here, it's avast AV only, which blocks TCE.

Please try the following:
1. Install TCE to a new folder, like C:\TCE.CommanderName
2. Start the launcher of TCE and look, what commander name is shown after TCE collecting the online player data via EDMC.
3. If it is the correct commander name, start ED once without TCE until you are ingame.
4. Now launch TCE.

Background:
ED writing all journal files from all your commanders into one folder. TCE has to check every journal file before reading, if the commander name is the same as TCE detected it via EDMC.

Thanks for that, looks like it is working OK now. Now I just need to learn how to use it (and get used to borderless display).

Thanks punkerich,

got a bad cold, so can't fix the last error in TCE today. Hope tomorrow is a better day for me. Reporting, when I got up again.

Thanks punkerich,

got a bad cold, so can't fix the last error in TCE today. Hope tomorrow is a better day for me. Reporting, when I got up again.

Trying to help where i can. Hope you'll get better soon, whole family is suffering from a bad cold here, too...

Last edited:
Update [1.5.3.3] released:

Changelog:
- Fixed an error when approaching a star system containing an apostrophe.
- Fixed an issue when scrolling the factions in system, showing all stored factions instead at the Factions panel.
- Fixed an issue with the scrollbar at the first opening of the Factions panel.

Note:
Copy all files and folders from the update into your TCE installation folder to update your version.

I like to remind any user, who wants to use TCE in french, russian or spanish, to help in translating the

1. Install a beta-dedicated TCE version to your drive and name it so, like D:\TCE.beta
2. Transfer your database from your current TCE version to the beta-dedicated version by the TCE launcher, if you want to use your current database.
4. After starting TCE, you can ignore or allow to process all unprocessed journal file, because TCE will ignore the non-relevant journals (all non-beta), if you have selected the ED beta in step 3.

I had an odd result from the trade computer. I am using a Thrustmaster 16000 and the accompanying throttle. When I started the trade computer my throttle went to max and would accept no inputs from the throttle. I bumped my way out of the station and then logged off. Closed the trade computer, reentered the game, and it then worked as usual. Since then I have made no attempts to use the trade computer.

I had an odd result from the trade computer. I am using a Thrustmaster 16000 and the accompanying throttle. When I started the trade computer my throttle went to max and would accept no inputs from the throttle. I bumped my way out of the station and then logged off. Closed the trade computer, reentered the game, and it then worked as usual. Since then I have made no attempts to use the trade computer.

Did you have selected any shared keybinds in TCE and ED?

Update [1.5.3.3] released:

Changelog:
- Fixed an error when approaching a star system containing an apostrophe.
- Fixed an issue when scrolling the factions in system, showing all stored factions instead at the Factions panel.
- Fixed an issue with the scrollbar at the first opening of the Factions panel.

Note:

I just did some more testing, and it looks like your fixes worked. No problems with entering ' systems or scrolling weirdness.

I did notice that when you are entering influence levels by hand, when you hit enter after input of the inf level, the panel snaps back to the system you are in, rather than staying on the system you are changing data for. I think the behavior should be that it stays in the system you are entering/changing data, since the likely scenario will be checking the gal map for inf levels in systems you are not in and will not go to that day. Hope that makes sense.

Hi Eventure

I've been geting an error when TCE is about 90% loaded in 1.5.3.2 and also in 1.5.3.3:

For info, TCE is installed in my D:\Program Files (x86)\TCE

No idea where the drive reference in "F:\Trade Computer Extension\Trade Computer Extension\TCE_Launcher.vb" comes from or if it is relevant.

I have an "ErrorReportFiles_V1.5.3.3.7z" available if it is needed.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at Trade_Computer_Extension.EXT_EDMC.Get_EDMC_Hangar() in F:\Trade Computer Extension\Trade Computer Extension\EXT_EDMC.vb:line 464
at Trade_Computer_Extension.Ablauf_Startprozedur.TCE_Start_Routine() in C:line 526
at Trade_Computer_Extension.TCE_Launcher.BTN_LaunchTCE_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in F:\Trade Computer Extension\Trade Computer Extension\TCE_Launcher.vb:line 4641
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Label.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Last edited:
Top Bottom