Release Trade Computer Extension Mk.II

Hi Eventure

I've been geting an error when TCE is about 90% loaded in 1.5.3.2 and also in 1.5.3.3:

For info, TCE is installed in my D:\Program Files (x86)\TCE

No idea where the drive reference in "F:\Trade Computer Extension\Trade Computer Extension\TCE_Launcher.vb" comes from or if it is relevant.

I have an "ErrorReportFiles_V1.5.3.3.7z" available if it is needed.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at Trade_Computer_Extension.EXT_EDMC.Get_EDMC_Hangar() in F:\Trade Computer Extension\Trade Computer Extension\EXT_EDMC.vb:line 464
at Trade_Computer_Extension.Ablauf_Startprozedur.TCE_Start_Routine() in C:line 526
at Trade_Computer_Extension.TCE_Launcher.BTN_LaunchTCE_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in F:\Trade Computer Extension\Trade Computer Extension\TCE_Launcher.vb:line 4641
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Label.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Please send it to me and the EDMC_Hangar.csv from the EDMC_Data folder.
Thanks.

File sent

Thanks, an empty file was the error, do you using the ED beta, because EDMC won't work with it and if so, copy the EDMC_Hangar.csv from a non-beta version into the EDMC_Data folder of TCE. This would fix the issue.
A fix will come for this issue with the next version of TCE.

It was the first time I ever used the trade computer and my settings for the Thrustmaster at set to the defaults.

Okay, so you don't have selected any keybind in TCE, right?

I didn't understand, why this happen and nobody reporting such an issue since the release of TCE, so I guess it is something at your system. Maybe you should test a little to encircle the issue.

Try the following:
1. Make a vid of the game with TCE loading, so I can see, when the throttle up happens. Would be helpful.
2. You should have a calibration software for your stick, which should show any throttle up action, while TCE is loading. You don't have to start ED for it, make a dry run and check, if you can replicate the issue.
3. Remove any selected keybind in ED for throttling, if any is present.
4. Try to start without any unnecessary app running in the back, like Voice Attack, etc.
5. Calibrate your stick again, while TCE is running, but ED not.

Maybe you can find the issue and what caused it.

Good luck and report back, if you like.

No sorry - this issue started and I have only been playing in live, not beta.

Now I get teh error every time I launch it and it prevents TCE loading.

I am not at my base with all of my ships, should I go there to see if my hanger populates?

I am not at my base with all of my ships, should I go there to see if my hanger populates?

No, try to delete the EDMC_Hangar.csv file and restart. TCE orders EDMC to create a new one. Check it again, if it is populated thereafter.

Double check EDMC is connected. You can do so without starting TCE or ED. Open the ED Market Connector and check what it says. Sometimes it loses connection and you have to revalidate.

I'd already run the EDMC tool on it's own as I had upgraded it as part of my own troubleshooting, but thanks for the suggestion.

Deleting the empty Hangar csv and relaunching fixed the issue, the csv was correctly populated with my fleet and all is good in my TCE world once again.

Many thanks for the help!

First want to say nice work on this, pretty cool stuff. Thanks for doing it.

I have set this up and and EDMC and I believe all is working well so far.

A few questions on things, I think the first 2 are related.

The connect button/auto connect feature, what is this, what is it doing? Am I sending my data to a website or downloading from a website or what is happening? Its not quite clear what this functions is actually doing or needed/not needed to me.

How to I keep my local prices updated? does this happen automatically whenever I land once I have a market in the trade computer? If not what do I need to do to be sure I have the current info from places I am frequenting.

The EDMC program, do I need to run this every time I restart my computer before running the Trade computer? Or do I simply only run it the first time as directed in the brief tutorial here and then never need to touch that again and simply start the trade computer and then ED? I ran the EDMC and I believe everything went fine with it, I'm just not sure if after shutting down my computer and coming back another day do I need to run that program first every time.

Thank you.

Star System with slightly wrong name

PLIO EUG OS-B D13-1 should be > PLIO EUQ OS-B D13-1

It's a 'Q' and not a 'G'. I found the appropriate system which is at the correct distance from my current position.

Another one, this one has a missing space

SIFOU VD-LB36-1 should be > SIFOU VD-L B36-1

Last edited:
I've noticed that is not possible to manualy add stars, planets and or other bodies to the database, I'd like a function for this to be implemented, if someone by any chance starts using the application when he has yet discovered most of main systems and places, those cannot be added to the TCE database anymore, if we could add more then "undiscovered" places to the database, it would be awesome, thanks. [smile]

I've noticed that is not possible to manualy add stars, planets and or other bodies to the database, I'd like a function for this to be implemented, if someone by any chance starts using the application when he has yet discovered most of main systems and places, those cannot be added to the TCE database anymore, if we could add more then "undiscovered" places to the database, it would be awesome, thanks. [smile]

You can add all unscanable star systems and planets to TCE by opening the Cartography panel and select ADD STAR SYSTEM, if it was not displayed in the treeview on the left. Thereafter you can select ADD PLANET at the bottom/right for the particular star system.

Last edited:
False Markets

hey again,

got 2 false markets today while playing.

System = Procyon
market 1 = Mallory Survey
market 2 = Schade Horizons

at Mallory Survey, event reporter stated that incorrect name match had happened but not on Schade Horizons. After getting False Market, i restarted TCE and was then able to update the markets with the connect button.

thanks again :) keep up the great work Eventure :)

hey again,

got 2 false markets today while playing.

System = Procyon
market 1 = Mallory Survey
market 2 = Schade Horizons

at Mallory Survey, event reporter stated that incorrect name match had happened but not on Schade Horizons. After getting False Market, i restarted TCE and was then able to update the markets with the connect button.

thanks again :) keep up the great work Eventure :)

That can happen, if the ED Companion app, where EDMC getting the market data, lags behind the journal log, which is normally faster.
Wait some seconds and try the connect button again. The Event Reporter will show the detected difference with the next update.

The next update will also reduce the required time when saving new markets (~10x faster), fixes some smaller display issues at the Trade panel and optimizing some background workers.

Last edited:
That can happen, if the ED Companion app, where EDMC getting the market data, lags behind the journal log, which is normally faster.
Wait some seconds and try the connect button again. The Event Reporter will show the detected difference with the next update.

The next update will also reduce the required time when saving new markets (~10x faster), fixes some smaller display issues at the Trade panel and optimizing some background workers.

cool no worries :) thanks for the quick reply :) awesome job :D

Whoa, that a significant improvement in optimising updates, nice.

First want to say nice work on this, pretty cool stuff. Thanks for doing it.

I have set this up and and EDMC and I believe all is working well so far.

A few questions on things, I think the first 2 are related.

The connect button/auto connect feature, what is this, what is it doing? Am I sending my data to a website or downloading from a website or what is happening? Its not quite clear what this functions is actually doing or needed/not needed to me.

How to I keep my local prices updated? does this happen automatically whenever I land once I have a market in the trade computer? If not what do I need to do to be sure I have the current info from places I am frequenting.

The EDMC program, do I need to run this every time I restart my computer before running the Trade computer? Or do I simply only run it the first time as directed in the brief tutorial here and then never need to touch that again and simply start the trade computer and then ED? I ran the EDMC and I believe everything went fine with it, I'm just not sure if after shutting down my computer and coming back another day do I need to run that program first every time.

Thank you.

Hi, sorry for the late reply, but your post was displayed with some delay.

The "Connect" button is the way to easily get all available data about the trade market, you currently are.
TCE uses EDMC in the back (it is not required to run EDMC in the back) to store all provided data, like commodity data, available outfittings and shipyard content.
EDMC getting the data directly from the official ED Companion app. You can disable the price upload feature to EDDN at the Options panel.

Updating your stored prices is done by TCE-Relay. You can use the build-in interface at the launcher. Open the TCE-RELAY window and select "UPDATE PRICES".
TCE-Relay updates thereafter all outdated prices automatically. An update of your price data once before you launch TCE is enough.

As stated above, EDMC is not required to run actively. You have to setup it up once with your proper credentials and that's it. TCE will notice you, if EDMC has to be updated. Then you have to start it once again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom