Release Trade Computer Extension Mk.II

Full-Version [1.5.4] released:

Changelog:
- Added compatibility for ED 1.8/2.3.
- Added increased performance when adding a market at the Market Database panel.
- Added increased performance when searching a trade route at the Route Finder panel.
- Added both market names info, if TCE reports "False Market" on connect.
- Fixed the redeem bounty event. Removing all previously open bounty entries on transfer.
- Fixed a rare issue showing the taskbar while saving a market at the Market Database panel.
- Fixed some smaller display issues at the Trade Overview panel.
- Fixed an issue when creating a starter database with TCE-Relay at the launcher.
- Fixed spelling issues of some star systems.
- Fixed a rare issue with the EDMC_Hangar.csv, if empty.
- Fixed an issue when updating the influence level's by hand, showing the current system faction list afterwards.

Notes:
This full version requires a new installation of TCE and a transfer of the databases from a previous version. Do not install this full version over your old.
Please check here, how to install a new full version, when used an older version before.
1. Rename current TCE folder (e.g. D:\TCE.old).
2. Install new full TCE Version (e.g. D:\TCE).
3. Run the TCE Launcher.
4. Select Database -> Transfer -> Choose old folder (D:\TCE.old).
5. After scanning, select Start Transfer.
If you find an error, please report and use the Report an Error button at the launcher and don't forget to copy the error details.

I like to remind any user, who wants to use TCE in russian, french or spanish, to help in translating the
latest commodities and interface phrases at OneSky.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Update [1.5.4.1] released:

Changelog:
- Added suppression of auto-connect, if a rare commodity is in cargo.
- Added all missing spanish translations for commodities and interface phrases.
- Added info of EDMC status, when trying to receive online player data at the launcher.
- Added ability to delete open bounties at the Personal panel.
- Fixed an error when showing the star system details at the Cartography panel.

Note:
Copy all files and folders from the update into your TCE installation folder to update your version.

I like to remind any user, who wants to use TCE in russian, to help in translating the
latest commodities and interface phrases at OneSky. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Anyone, who experience an error at the system detail view of the Cartography panel should reload the V1.5.4.1 update to fix the issue.
Thanks.

I was going to raise some bugs after playing with the new version this morning, but then there's an update and my problems have magically gone away. I must say this latest update does make things a little quicker, just opening windows and the like. Great work Eventure. :D

Is there a way to disable the window that appears when you scan a new star or planet? I don't want to take pictures of every single thing I scan because that's really time consuming and annoying.

For anyone having issues with it tabbing out in Windows 10, It works for me now i'm running on compatibility mode for windows 8, and as admin. Right click the exe, in compatibility tab of properties.

*And sorry Eventure for all the emails in Report Bugs while I was trying to figure this out[haha]*

Last edited:
1541 working very well Eventure! [yesnod]

The new faction panel seems to be working as expected. Thanks for that!

I did get one error on transferring my database. I think it popped when it was on logbook or personal. If you need my old or new db, let me know.

In4JwMw.jpg

*edit: Any chance you could break out the factions button and put it next to the cartography button or next to the notes button in the main UI?

Last edited:
Might be a stupid question, i'm a bit out of the loop, haven't played for a while but I was wondering how does TCE handle joining multi crew ?

I mean doesn't it get mixed up when you jump halfway across the galaxy without your ship ?

If the ship you've joined goes to a system and lands at a station you have not visited yourself can you add the star/system/station/market ?

If Eventure managed to anticipate and code all of these situation in advance I am truly in awe !!!

For anyone having issues with it tabbing out in Windows 10, It works for me now i'm running on compatibility mode for windows 8, and as admin. Right click the exe, in compatibility tab of properties.

*And sorry Eventure for all the emails in Report Bugs while I was trying to figure this out[haha]*

Np, I running W10 also, but didn't have such issue. Please try to activate aero mode if off.

Might be a stupid question, i'm a bit out of the loop, haven't played for a while but I was wondering how does TCE handle joining multi crew ?

I mean doesn't it get mixed up when you jump halfway across the galaxy without your ship ?

If the ship you've joined goes to a system and lands at a station you have not visited yourself can you add the star/system/station/market ?

If Eventure managed to anticipate and code all of these situation in advance I am truly in awe !!!

TCE should handle it, but ofc it wasn't tested. Please report, what happens if you expierence any issue. Need your journal log too, if it is the case.

1541 working very well Eventure! [yesnod]

The new faction panel seems to be working as expected. Thanks for that!

I did get one error on transferring my database. I think it popped when it was on logbook or personal. If you need my old or new db, let me know.

*edit: Any chance you could break out the factions button and put it next to the cartography button or next to the notes button in the main UI?

Fixed the issue with the next update.

Bringing the button to the front ui would break the visual style and the UI is already a bit overcrowded with buttons, so I have created a alternate design of the UI,
which could be better to add additional button/informations in the future.

Here is what I have in mind:
NewUI.jpgNewUI_Details.JPG

Feel free to share what you are thinking about.

Bringing the button to the front ui would break the visual style and the UI is already a bit overcrowded with buttons, so I have created a alternate design of the UI,

Hi Eventure

Looks good - obviously with the additional functionality that you are now putting into TCE you will need a more compact UI to accommodate the increase in the number of controls.

Personally though I liked the earlier compact interface which you designed but dropped when you moved to SQLite. This had a more streamlined look and integrated better with ED than the current version imho.

Np, I running W10 also, but didn't have such issue. Please try to activate aero mode if off.

TCE should handle it, but ofc it wasn't tested. Please report, what happens if you experience any issue. Need your journal log too, if it is the case.

Fixed the issue with the next update.

Looks good to me, but then I'm easily pleased. :D

That looks interesting.

It got me thinking about having 'less used' icons at the end/edges, but then each person probably has buttons they use a lot and others they don't, based on what they use TCE for. Could there be a way to arrange where each button is in the UI? I don't mean all over the screen, but just the order. Like if I want personal, minimap, and cartogoraphy in the far right, say position 10, 11, 12 (the last three), can I select them to be there? Although the trade/connect should probably be fixed where they are, imo.

Hi,

Really enjoying this utility, however since the upgrade running a search in Route Finder just leaves the spinning circle and no results.
I then quite TCE, but have to end-task the processes.

I've tried creating a brand new starter DB with the default params and verifying the DB, but not luck.

Any advice?

Thanks

El.

Hi Eventure,
congrats, lately you added many nice and useful things to TCE. Thank you for that.
The new UI looks good to me.

One minor problem I just came across. At the navigation panel, after selecting the flight log. If from the entries a star system with a station (market) as internal location is selected, then you can't enter notes. The subpanel switches to notes, you may enter any text, but when hitting the save bar at the bottom with left mouse button, nothing happens.
In case an entry with no market as internal location is selected, notes can be entered and saved.

If you don't mind, later I would like to make a few suggestions (wishes), mainly for the exploring section of TCE.

Thanks

By the way, can you take off the number 5 right in front of my avatars name? It's wrong, must have slipped in some time ago.

TCE should handle it, but ofc it wasn't tested. Please report, what happens if you expierence any issue. Need your journal log too, if it is the case.
I will give it a try an report, wasn't sure your address still worked since you did not reply to the last few mails I sent you.
You updated a few time since so my problem might have been fixed anyway, sadly haven't had time to test it out yet.

Looks very good to me !
If possible, help bubbles, having the text appear at the tail of the mouse cursor when we leave the mouse a few seconds on an icon without moving or clicking
would be very useful for new users and even for veterans in menus they use less often.

That looks interesting.

It got me thinking about having 'less used' icons at the end/edges, but then each person probably has buttons they use a lot and others they don't, based on what they use TCE for. Could there be a way to arrange where each button is in the UI? I don't mean all over the screen, but just the order. Like if I want personal, minimap, and cartogoraphy in the far right, say position 10, 11, 12 (the last three), can I select them to be there? Although the trade/connect should probably be fixed where they are, imo.

Yes, I agree, will try to add it.

Hi,

Really enjoying this utility, however since the upgrade running a search in Route Finder just leaves the spinning circle and no results.
I then quite TCE, but have to end-task the processes.

I've tried creating a brand new starter DB with the default params and verifying the DB, but not luck.

Any advice?

Thanks

El.

Don't know, what your search parameters are and if you are in range of your stored markets, so I suggest to create an error report with the Report an Error button at the launcher and attach the ErrorReportFiles.7z, which got created at the root folder of TCE.
Thanks.

Hi Eventure,
congrats, lately you added many nice and useful things to TCE. Thank you for that.
The new UI looks good to me.

One minor problem I just came across. At the navigation panel, after selecting the flight log. If from the entries a star system with a station (market) as internal location is selected, then you can't enter notes. The subpanel switches to notes, you may enter any text, but when hitting the save bar at the bottom with left mouse button, nothing happens.
In case an entry with no market as internal location is selected, notes can be entered and saved.

If you don't mind, later I would like to make a few suggestions (wishes), mainly for the exploring section of TCE.

Thanks

By the way, can you take off the number 5 right in front of my avatars name? It's wrong, must have slipped in some time ago.

Found the issue, will be fixed with the next update. Avatar name fixed too.
Please add any comment or suggestion regarding exploration.
Thanks.

Update [1.5.4.2] released:

Changelog:
- Fixed an error at the "Loading Game" event for international delimiter settings.
- Fixed an issue with the SAVE button for market notes at the Navigation panel.
- Fixed a rare error at the Trade Overview panel.
- Fixed a rare error at the transfer of an old database.

Note:
Copy all files and folders from the update into your TCE installation folder to update your version.

I like to remind any user, who wants to use TCE in russian, to help in translating the
latest commodities and interface phrases at OneSky. Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom