Release Trade Computer Extension Mk.II

Hi. Actually i've never used the route planner, only the available goods in the station i'm in chosen by the trade option of TCE. Just selecting the highest profit margin and choosing whatever else i need to fulfill a 720T cargo space for the destination already selected for me. I'm not really lazy about choosing this option, i cannot concentrate long enough to go through a long list (old age has a lot of downfalls :unsure: ). So is there an option in the route planner to select a non loop route and the route planner automatically fullfil it's directive, or do i have to plan out each individual jump. I guess it would be better to look at the wiki properly -which i'll do. I just thought that the non loop option might be feasable when using the Trade section.

Regards

What about this?
1642196715183.png

Version [1.8.8.9] released
Changelog:
  • Fixed a possible error when restoring a backup containing outdated database files.
  • Fixed a possible error on completing an exploration by arriving at the destination star system.
  • Fixed an error when planning a route at the Route Planner panel.
Notes:
Either download the version above, install and transfer your old database, or use the auto-update function of the launcher.
Click the 'new version' notice at the bottom of the launcher.

If you find an error, please report and use the Report a Bug button at the launcher and don't forget to copy the error details and ErrorReportFile.7z archive.

I like to remind any user, who want's to use TCE in french, spanish or russian to help in translating the
latest interface phrases, common commodities and rare commodities at OneSky. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hi Eventure. I'm using the route planner (something I haven't used in the past) as I really like when going between a loop trade all the info is on screen. I usually use the suggested routes.
So, I'm planning a route to 2 systems and stations that I have visited. I select the first station and commodity I then get as far as selecting the system I am going to and then get this error. I tried restarting and doing same again, but error came up. So I cant make the route I want. I hope I have described that well enough.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at System.Array.InternalGetReference(Void* elemRef, Int32 rank, Int32* pIndices)
at System.Array.SetValue(Object value, Int32 index1, Int32 index2)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.ObjectLateIndexSetComplex(Object Instance, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Boolean OptimisticSet, Boolean RValueBase)
at Trade_Computer_Extension.Panel_Route_Planner.Calc_Commodities() in F:\Trade Computer Extension\Trade Computer Extension\Panel_Route_Planner.vb:line 3238
at Trade_Computer_Extension.Panel_Route_Planner.TS_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in F:\Trade Computer Extension\Trade Computer Extension\Panel_Route_Planner.vb:line 4630
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Label.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.8.4420.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Trade Computer Extension MK.II
Assembly Version: 1.8.8.9
Win32 Version: 1.8.8.9
CodeBase: file:///C:/TCE/Trade%20Computer%20Extension%20MK.II.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 14.8.4084.0 built by: NET48REL1
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.8.4360.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
Win32 Version: 4.8.4455.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.8.4400.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.8.4390.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
Win32 Version: 4.8.4190.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 4.8.4084.0 built by: NET48REL1
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Xml.Linq
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
System.Data
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Numerics
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
Newtonsoft.Json
Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 10.0.3.21018
CodeBase: file:///C:/TCE/Newtonsoft.Json.DLL
System.Runtime.Serialization
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
Snippets
Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly
Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.8.4420.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/mscorlib/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll
System.Data.SQLite
Assembly Version: 1.0.106.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.106.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/TCE/System.Data.SQLite.DLL
System.Transactions
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
System.EnterpriseServices
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll
System.Management
Win32 Version: 4.8.4435.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Management/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Management.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization
Win32 Version: 4.8.4200.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Hi Eventure. I'm using the route planner (something I haven't used in the past) as I really like when going between a loop trade all the info is on screen. I usually use the suggested routes.
So, I'm planning a route to 2 systems and stations that I have visited. I select the first station and commodity I then get as far as selecting the system I am going to and then get this error. I tried restarting and doing same again, but error came up. So I cant make the route I want. I hope I have described that well enough.
Thanks for the report!

I have updated the above patch to fix your issue.
Anyone, who have updated TCE (v1.8.8.+) before this post, you can download the Hotfix here: http://tce.4lima.de/TCE_Update.7z
and paste the files of the archive into the root folder of TCE.

Hi eventure. Something strange occured though i'm not sure if it's a bug or something gone wrong in the startup launcher.

I visited the star system Megrez/Godel Dock and had the text 'False Market' appear in the left panel in TCE which shows the station i'm at. I left there and went to a different star system and orbital station, but after i docked, i saw the same Megrez/Godel Dock with the text 'False Market still showing in the left panel and not the present station i was docked at.

Any help please.

Regards

Hi eventure. Something strange occured though i'm not sure if it's a bug or something gone wrong in the startup launcher.

I visited the star system Megrez/Godel Dock and had the text 'False Market' appear in the left panel in TCE which shows the station i'm at. I left there and went to a different star system and orbital station, but after i docked, i saw the same Megrez/Godel Dock with the text 'False Market still showing in the left panel and not the present station i was docked at.

Any help please.

Regards
It's not a bug, but EDMC wasn't syncronized with the game properly. It can sometimes happen, that the game files of the Frontiers Companion app are lagging.
Ususally you can force an update of the game files by entering a station section menu. Thereafter clicking the Connect button is most successful.

Hi Eventure
When looking in the Extensions tab I see that EDMC service is off and not installed. It is installed and running. Is this how it should be?
Thanks

Hi again
I would really like to use the route planner when I have found a good loop route. But I rarely managed to be able to get it to start a route that I want to use. Once I have visited both stations I then try setting a route, but only occasionally will it let me start the route. Im sure its down to user error :) but I'd really like to know what I'm doing wrong. Are there any basic instructions anywhere that might help me?
Many thanks

Hi Eventure
When looking in the Extensions tab I see that EDMC service is off and not installed. It is installed and running. Is this how it should be?
Thanks
TCE is checking, if the EDMC.exe file is available at the default installation path of EDMC. If it wasn't present (maybe your AV app have removed it), EDMC isn't properly installed in TCE terms.
Hi again
I would really like to use the route planner when I have found a good loop route. But I rarely managed to be able to get it to start a route that I want to use. Once I have visited both stations I then try setting a route, but only occasionally will it let me start the route. Im sure its down to user error :) but I'd really like to know what I'm doing wrong. Are there any basic instructions anywhere that might help me?
Many thanks
Here is the link for the wiki entry: https://trade-computer-extension-mkii.fandom.com/wiki/Route_Planner_panel

Hi -- EDMC is located here, from the picture on the wiki this seems to be the default location.
C:\Program Files (x86)\EDMarketConnector
TCE is looking for the EDMC.exe file (commandline executable) and not the EDMarketConnector.exe file (GUI executable).
If EDMC.exe file wasn't present at the folder, then TCE shows 'Not installed'.

TCE is looking for the EDMC.exe file (commandline executable) and not the EDMarketConnector.exe file (GUI executable).
If EDMC.exe file wasn't present at the folder, then TCE shows 'Not installed'.
Thanks for the help. It used to always connect. However, I uninstalled it and then reinstalled and it is now working.

Hi Eventure. If i select the 'Waypoints' tab in-game, the window opens up at co-ordinates x=0, y=715. When i close the window the 'Waypoints' window closes but the 'Waypoints' tab stays at those co-ordinates. If i change the windows co-ordinates to x=715, y=0 and save, the whole 'Waypoints' window dissapears and some seconds later comes back but at x=0,y=715. It will remain at those co-ordinates until TCE is exited and the game restarted.

Regards

Hi Eventure. If i select the 'Waypoints' tab in-game, the window opens up at co-ordinates x=0, y=715. When i close the window the 'Waypoints' window closes but the 'Waypoints' tab stays at those co-ordinates. If i change the windows co-ordinates to x=715, y=0 and save, the whole 'Waypoints' window dissapears and some seconds later comes back but at x=0,y=715. It will remain at those co-ordinates until TCE is exited and the game restarted.

Regards
Thanks for your report!

Indeed, if you changing the raw values of the position via the Options panel (Panel Configuration). I will fix that with the next update.
It is an option to move a panel back to your visual area, if it got off-screen.

Instead of changing the x/y coordinate values manually, do a drag&drop by clicking the header of the window (when it is open) and move it to the desired place.

Version [1.8.9.0] released
Changelog:
  • Fixed a possible error when displaying extreme long faction state names at the Position Display.
  • Fixed an error, if the Cargo.json file is blocked by another app tracking cargo hold.
Notes:
Either download the version above, install and transfer your old database, or use the auto-update function of the launcher.
Click the 'new version' notice at the bottom of the launcher.

If you find an error, please report and use the Report a Bug button at the launcher and don't forget to copy the error details and ErrorReportFile.7z archive.

I like to remind any user, who want's to use TCE in french, spanish or russian to help in translating the
latest interface phrases, common commodities and rare commodities at OneSky. Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom