Release Trade Computer Extension Mk.II

This is the first thing I tried
Okay, your screenshot from the login screen doesn't show a filled box. This means that TCE cannot read the databases.
Please check whether the database files are available in the DB directory (11 in number).
If they weren't there, TCE was not allowed to create/copy them.
If they were there, TCE couldn't read them. Then it has to do with SQLite runtime, so reinstall the runtime.

Okay, your screenshot from the login screen doesn't show a filled box. This means that TCE cannot read the databases.
Please check whether the database files are available in the DB directory (11 in number).
If they weren't there, TCE was not allowed to create/copy them.
If they were there, TCE couldn't read them. Then it has to do with SQLite runtime, so reinstall the runtime.
All 11 files are in place.

I don't really understand what I need to do.
Now I have sqllite but it didn't help =)

Attachments

• 2022-03-14_19-41-07.png
    2022-03-14_19-41-07.png
    37.1 KB · Views: 56
  • 2022-03-14_19-54-00.png
    2022-03-14_19-54-00.png
    17.3 KB · Views: 50
I've reinstalled it several times, it doesn't help.
What more can i say It has to be a problem not related to TCE.
When a start problem was reported, it was an AV or windows related issue.

Let's look at your Windows version.
Check, what divider sign was selected in your region setting (a point or comma should it be) or change the region setting entirely (set it to English) for a test and try again.

Last edited:
What more can i say It has to be a problem not related to TCE.
When a start problem was reported, it was an AV or windows related issue.

Let's look at your Windows version.
Check, what divider sign was selected in your region setting (a point or comma should it be) or change the region setting entirely (set it to English) for a test and try again.

I found the problem.
My nickname is written in Cyrillic...)

After replacing it in all files in the "Saved Games\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous" directory, the program started.

Is it possible to add Cyrillic support for nicknames to the program?

I found the problem.
My nickname is written in Cyrillic...)

After replacing it in all files in the "Saved Games\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous" directory, the program started.

Is it possible to add Cyrillic support for nicknames to the program?
Great to hear, you found it. Can you provide me a journal file with your cyrillic name included, so I will try my best to fix this issue.

Приятно слышать, вы нашли это. Можете ли вы предоставить мне файл журнала с вашим кириллическим именем, поэтому я постараюсь исправить эту проблему.

Attachments

• Journal.220314201838.01.log
    887.1 KB · Views: 56
Hi eventure,

small problem I hope. On a new notebook I try to run TCE, directly after I start TCE I get the following error message. This was after today's update, if that makes a difference. Any ideas?
Screenshot 2022-03-15 145913.png

It is as I suspected, FD changed the naming of the journals. The date and time is in a different format now. This causes the error message from TCE.

Thanks

Last edited:
my problem has been fixed since the new update [1.8.9.2] !

hey after not playing for a while i started again, new computer same hdd but no longer have the secondary hdd inserted TCE seems to be looking for
( F:\Trade Computer Extension\Trade Computer Extension\TCE_Launcher_Login.vb:line 355) ?

so i inserted the hdd but realised it has ben reformatted since so no luck.

im very confused as to how i can fix this

error i get is

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.FormatException: The string was not recognized as a valid DateTime. There is an unknown word starting at index 8.
at System.DateTimeParse.Parse(String s, DateTimeFormatInfo dtfi, DateTimeStyles styles)
at Trade_Computer_Extension.TCE_Launcher_Login.Scan_Commanders() in F:\Trade Computer Extension\Trade Computer Extension\TCE_Launcher_Login.vb:line 355
at Trade_Computer_Extension.TCE_Launcher_Login.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in F:\Trade Computer Extension\Trade Computer Extension\TCE_Launcher_Login.vb:line 39
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.8.4470.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Trade Computer Extension MK.II
Assembly Version: 1.8.9.1
Win32 Version: 1.8.9.1
CodeBase: file:///C:/TCE/Trade%20Computer%20Extension%20MK.II.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 14.8.4084.0 built by: NET48REL1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.8.4488.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
Win32 Version: 4.8.4470.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.8.4488.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.8.4390.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
Win32 Version: 4.8.4190.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 4.8.4084.0 built by: NET48REL1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Xml.Linq
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
System.Data
Win32 Version: 4.8.4455.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Numerics
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
Newtonsoft.Json
Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 10.0.3.21018
CodeBase: file:///C:/TCE/Newtonsoft.Json.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
my problem has been fixed since the new update [1.8.9.2] !
Thank you !

Last edited:
Version [1.8.9.2] released
Changelog:
  • Fixed an issue with the Event Reporter that doesn't show all incoming event messages.
  • Fixed an error by reading the timestamp of the new journal files, intruduced with the latest update of ED.
Notes:
Either download the version above, install and transfer your old database, or use the auto-update function of the launcher.
Click the 'new version' notice at the bottom of the launcher.

If you find an error, please report and use the Report a Bug button at the launcher and don't forget to copy the error details and ErrorReportFile.7z archive.

I like to remind any user, who want's to use TCE in french, spanish or russian to help in translating the
latest interface phrases, common commodities and rare commodities at OneSky. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Does this version fix the EDMC IO or OS error?
Please try to use the command prompt and change into the EDMarketConnector folder and execute the following command for a test:
EDMC.exe --loglevel DEBUG -m test.csv

A log file is created in the process and you can find it at %TEMP%\EDMarketConnector\EDMC-debug.log.
Please send it to me via the Report a Bug button and attach it to the mail.

Thanks in advance!

PS: The error is reported, if either E D is at the main menu or the journal file can't be read.

Last edited:
Version [1.8.9.3] released
Changelog:
  • Added the last pending translations to the language database.
  • Fixed a loading issue of TCE, if a user have cyrillic signs in the name.
  • Fixed another issue with EDDB-Relay while updating the databases on-the-fly.
Notes:
Either download the version above, install and transfer your old database, or use the auto-update function of the launcher.
Click the 'new version' notice at the bottom of the launcher.

If you find an error, please report and use the Report a Bug button at the launcher and don't forget to copy the error details and ErrorReportFile.7z archive.

Last edited:
Then your AV app quarantined the file. Give an exception for the file/folder and reinstall EDMC. Check afterwards, if the file is present.
And here I was thinking we'd finally gotten away from the Anti-Virus false positives after moving to Python 3.10 and a later version of py2exe.

Anyway, if everything looks good your end with EDMC 5.3.4-beta1 I'll promote that to a full release today. Now is the time to shout if we could, e.g. adjust things like making more specific EXIT codes for specific situations.

I still have the same IO or OS error.
I have followed the instructions you gave me eventure.
When running the command it still don`t find the edmc. exe file.
The file is in the folder though. EDMC (42kb).

I still have the same IO or OS error.
I have followed the instructions you gave me eventure.
When running the command it still don`t find the edmc. exe file.
The file is in the folder though. EDMC (42kb).
Then either you were not at the C:\Program Files (x86)\EDMarketConnector folder or you had a typo in the command. It can't be anything else.

Top Bottom