Release Trade Dangerous (Est. 2015) Power user's highly configurable trade optimizer

It takes almost no time at all to update TD. Less than a minute. You don't need to sit around wondering. Just push the button.

Mark, A request,please, to add to your pending new version of TD Helper. I like the pop-up that we recently got advising that a new version of Trade Dangerous is available and the option to click to update it. Could there also be some indication that the update has completed? This would avoid sitting there wondering if its OK to update the database yet!
Thanks.
It is already in version 3 of TD Helper and in the unreleased TDHelperJ that I'm currently working on.

On selecting 'Yes' to the request to update TD, the appropriate command is issued and you should see the results in the output window.

The following command will import al the latest data from the server:

Code:
trade import -P eddblink -O listings

It may take some time.

If this is the first time you have run TD, then you probably need to run the following instead:

Code:
trade import -P eddblink -O clean

This will rebuild the database from scratch.

I have noticed that sometimes the 'clean' command issues a warning about not finding the prices fie but running the 'listings' command afterwards seems to sort that out.

The clean command will always display a warning about the prices file, because clean deletes it and rebuilds it from scratch. No need to run listings afterwards.

Also:
'trade import -P eddblink' is equivalent to 'trade import -P eddblink -O listings'.

If there is no .prices file, the eddblink plugin automagically runs as if it was called with 'trade import -P eddblink -O clean'.

So, really, just 'trade import -P eddblink' is usually all you need to do, whether on first run or when updating the database, because the default options for the plugin are, you know, actually sensible. :)

Last edited:
Just started using TD - what's the most convenient way to get the .price files? Many old links are dead.

If you really just want a prices file, there is one on my website at http://elite.tromador.com generated daily by the server. I make no promises it will work correctly, I have tested it but not extensively and don't know how robust it will be for things like megaship moves. Really should use the plugin as the guys show above to download the csv files and generate the database that way.

The clean command will always display a warning about the prices file, because clean deletes it and rebuilds it from scratch. No need to run listings afterwards.

Also:
'trade import -P eddblink' is equivalent to 'trade import -P eddblink -O listings'.

If there is no .prices file, the eddblink plugin automagically runs as if it was called with 'trade import -P eddblink -O clean'.

So, really, just 'trade import -P eddblink' is usually all you need to do, whether on first run or when updating the database, because the default options for the plugin are, you know, actually sensible. :)
Ah, fair enough. I assumed that because there was an error message something was wrong, but this is more of a debug/info message I guess.

Hi all. I don't seem to be getting a daily copy of listings.csv - my copy is dated 12th November. Is this a sign of Tromador's server needing a kick again?

The listings.csv is provided by EDDN, so if it isn't getting updated that means something's going on upstream. EDDN is supposed to update it daily.

listings-live.csv is the one generated by the server, so as long as it's still getting updated there shouldn't be anything to worry about.

The live file contains all the data updates since the last daily provided by EDDN, so if the daily file isn't getting updated, that just means the live file will get bigger from all the updates until the daily does get updated again.

The listings.csv is provided by EDDN, so if it isn't getting updated that means something's going on upstream. EDDN is supposed to update it daily.

listings-live.csv is the one generated by the server, so as long as it's still getting updated there shouldn't be anything to worry about.

The live file contains all the data updates since the last daily provided by EDDN, so if the daily file isn't getting updated, that just means the live file will get bigger from all the updates until the daily does get updated again.
Thanks eyeonus.

That all said, I've kicked the server and it's downloading latest EDDB so normality should resume shortly. I had some problems logging in over the weekend, not sure what was up, or I'd have done this sooner.

Hi guys, I know TD since 2016. I took a break with ED and wanted to start again. TD has helped me very well with the action.
Now I wanted to install the latest version, but always get an error message. I installed and tested the latest Python version (3.8.0).
Then I downloaded the file "Trade-Dangerous-10.6.1.zip" from github and copied the content into my TD directory ( c:\trade ).
When running
Code:
c:\trade\trade.py
I always get the following error:
Code:
c:\trade>trade.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\trade\trade.py", line 35, in <module>
    from tradedangerous import cli, gui
  File "C:\trade\tradedangerous\gui.py", line 45, in <module>
    from appJar import gui
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'appJar'
What am I doing wrong ? Can you help me ?

Greetings from nepomuk

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

I loaded and started the last version of TD-Helper (3.0.0.2). I was asked for a PIP installation. I confirmed it.
Now TD-Helper loads station.json etc. ... It seems to work with the TD-Helper. :)
The database update took me about 30 minutes.
TD runs without problems ! :giggle:

But what about the error on top ? Interested me already. :unsure:

Thanks guys for this extraordinary tool. (y)(y)(y)

Last edited:
TD has a GUI mode that depends on another python module called "appJar", which is installed automatically when you install TD using pip. (Which is what TDH did for you when you said yes to its prompt.)

You can check out the GUI mode yourself by simply running "trade gui" from a command line.

Last edited:
TD has a GUI mode that depends on another python module called "appJar", which is installed automatically when you install TD using pip. (Which is what TDH did for you when you said yes to its prompt.)

You can check out the GUI mode yourself by simply running "trade gui" from a command line.

Thanks for the info !

Sorry guys, next problem with me. I wanted to import the market data from stations I had flown to into the database
( e.g. c:\trade\trade.py import "c:\trade\Minmar.Bayliss Landing.2019-11-19T17.29.09.prices" ).
The command is executed but the following error message is displayed

Code:
C:\trade>trade.py import "c:\trade\Fomalhaut.Wargnerport.2019-11-19T16.46.54.prices"
NOTE: Rebuilding cache file: this may take a few moments.
*** INTERNAL ERROR: NOT NULL constraint failed: RareItem.station_id
CSV File: C:\trade\data\RareItem.csv:2
SQL Query: INSERT OR REPLACE INTO RareItem (station_id,category_id,name,cost,max_allocation,illegal,suppressed) 
VALUES((SELECT Station.station_id FROM Station INNER JOIN System USING(system_id) WHERE System.name = ? 
AND Station.name = ?),(SELECT Category.category_id FROM Category WHERE Category.name = ?),?,?,?,?,?)
Params: ['16 LYRAE', 'Budrys Ring', 'Legal Drugs', 'Lyrae Weed', '148', '10', 'N', 'N']

What am I doing wrong? :oops:

Top Bottom