Trying to upgrade thrusters. Argh, this is why I hate engineers

You like combat? Outfit some cargo racks (4t will do if you have enough iron and nickle to synth 4 limpets) and collector limpet controller. Let the limpets collect the kill droppings while you continue slaughtering the Wanted. Helps to stay in place to let them collect the mats if you have >4t cargo and put some commods in there. The baddies will come to you. ;)

You like combat? Outfit some cargo racks (4t will do if you have enough iron and nickle to synth 4 limpets) and collector limpet controller. Let the limpets collect the kill droppings while you continue slaughtering the Wanted. Helps to stay in place to let them collect the mats if you have >4t cargo and put some commods in there. The baddies will come to you. ;)

Thanks, I do that in Haz Res sites. I only wish I could get everything I needed that way or trade for what I needed using what I get from Haz Res sites.

I actually like this mechanic because it's similar to how most games work. You shoot a bad guy and he drops loot. Nice and simple.

Thanks, I do that in Haz Res sites. I only wish I could get everything I needed that way or trade for what I needed using what I get from Haz Res sites.

I actually like this mechanic because it's similar to how most games work. You shoot a bad guy and he drops loot. Nice and simple.
How shallow ! :p

Two years ago the cap was increased to 1000 total, from a ridiculously low number. So we had to throw away mats in favor of others.

Also, remember the early system when we also had to use cargo materials? Which we found and desperately tried to cling onto in the ship, while pirates made a bee-line for our "tasty cargo" ? 😩
I must've started playing shortly before the cap was raised to 1k, so no I don't remember the commodity requirements. Thanks for the refresher.

How shallow ! :p

I like complicated system when the complexity is there to simulate something. I like playing flights sims where you have to click every button and know that you would use in real life. Most people don't appreciate that kind of complication. But it's there because it's realistic.

I'm not sure what the Engineering complication adds to the game. It's the opposite of realistic. If I want to add more horsepower to my car, I don't go mining for iron ore and scavenge a list of other ingredients.

The depth should be in how you choose to balance your upgrade. That depth is already there. The hassle of the upgrade process actually obscures it because it makes it hard for a player to experiment with different combinations of upgrades.

A game like Forza is a perfect example of how you can upgrade your car and the combination of upgrades adds a great deal of depth to the game.

I like complicated system when the complexity is there to simulate something.

ship customization is a big thing. the depth however is completely spoiled by the sheer disproportion of the upgrades, and muddled by the fact that it is hidden behind a bland collection game intended as time sink, some nonsensical conception of 'progression' and as a tourism excuse for new players.

engineers is to ship balance what the fss 'collect the balls' game is to exploration: absolute minimun effort as far as game design goes.

DDastardly00

D
Making creds nowadays is so easy. Peeps hate engineers because they actually have to play the game.
No pay to win. To bad. So sad.

Are you just here to troll? Making credits has little to do farming mats in an SRV, or scans for that matter. This also has nothing to do with a pay to win, we're talking about core gameplay mechanics in regards to engineers, and yes, they suck. I would rather be doing anything else in the game other than farming mats, the only exception being sitting at a nav beacon in an Anarchy system, or a comp nav beacon, because that's actually fun.

Top Bottom