Type-10 Balance Discussion - How to make the battle cow viable

You might want to try this one....all turrets, no maneuverability required. The Fighter hangar is optional for quick leveling up of your pilot. Use this for Thread 4 NHSS...even the occasional 7 scout NHSS is a piece of cake with it. 4 pips SYS, 1 ENG, 1 WEP. Have fun :D

https://s.orbis.zone/5m4r

I recently got a T10 and kitted it for mining, but I haven't been able to actually use it yet.

I was also thinking something similar to a lot of builds in here: make it an absolute tank for the NPC to fly, and then i will control the fighters

Sorry to resurect this, but I was going to try a T-10 against scouts myself after seeing this post on Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/em9una Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/em9una/triple_elite_finally_1813_scouts_have_been_harmed/

After reading your post, I'm having second thoughts. What weapons did you fit? Did you try 4x large turreted AX MCs firing at will?

Thanks!!
They were conventional weapons, no AX weapons, and although some were turretted, not all.
With hindsight, I should have gone AX turretted route, which would make it a more potent figthing machine against Thargoids, I suspect.

They were conventional weapons, no AX weapons, and although some were turretted, not all.
With hindsight, I should have gone AX turretted route, which would make it a more potent figthing machine against Thargoids, I suspect.
What about a mix of AX turrets in the large, then advanced multis with AX ammo everywhere else?

Sure, why not? That's what I like about the T-10 ... there are so many possibilities for loadouts with this ship.

I am introducing a friend to the game and we are doing some Cowboy Beebop type stuff where he is an interceptor and I am a mobile artillery piece/loot storage. I recently cleaned out my bank to buy the T-10 and was wondering how I should build it for a gunboat/support ship. Cant believe after 200 hours i still feel like a complete newbie.

Boy is this thing a chungus.

First post on the forum too, hopefully it isn't the last in the thread!

I am introducing a friend to the game and we are doing some Cowboy Beebop type stuff where he is an interceptor and I am a mobile artillery piece/loot storage. I recently cleaned out my bank to buy the T-10 and was wondering how I should build it for a gunboat/support ship. Cant believe after 200 hours i still feel like a complete newbie.

Welcome !

I had a lot of fun the other day with a combination of 4 large autocannon turrets with longrange mod, and a combination of experimentals, 3 medium turreted burst lasers (also longrange), and 2 small fixed long range auto cannons (though long range rails work pretty well here too - useful for potting ships that run). This combo doesn't require a lot of energy in weapons, so you can keep the shields buffed or move power to engines to try and keep up with the fight. :)

Really wish they would give us a bit more straight line speed with this ship.

Tips on non chungus-ing it, definitely engineer the thrusters, it's actually quite nimble in normal space for it's size then. Boost turning is your friend, as is half throttle for turning.

here's a build of mine I use for fighting, the point of it is the 4 size 3s and top 2 size 2s are turrets. the 2 size 1s and the 1 size 2 are rail guns that form a tight V pattern.
all you really need to do is keep your target in an arc where the top hemisphere of your ship is facing the target and it's on the receiving end of some pain. and directly in front of you it gets all 9 weapons to the face. The Type 10 really excels as a turret boat. replace with weapons of your choice of course but the 2 double barrel flak cannons on top do some very very impressive damage.

Tips on non chungus-ing it, definitely engineer the thrusters, it's actually quite nimble in normal space for it's size then.
Any clue where TF I can buy this thing and how much this is going to dent the pocketbook? We are currently LT diamond mining around Readdy Orbital and making cash, I just want to know when we can stop and have fun yk?

4 large autocannon turrets with longrange mod, and a combination of experimentals, 3 medium turreted burst lasers (also longrange), and 2 small fixed long range auto cannons

oh my god

here's a build of mine I use for fighting

these are some certified beasts

Any clue where TF I can buy this thing and how much this is going to dent the pocketbook? We are currently LT diamond mining around Readdy Orbital and making cash, I just want to know when we can stop and have fun yk?

so closest to Readdy with Li Yong-Rui faction (gives 15% discount off the price of the ship, better than the 10% at Jameson: Regular cost is 124,755,342 with the 15% discount should be 106,042,040

By the way, outfitting it is going to cost as well .. I think my ship value right now is just over 550 million. The 8A fuel scoop ain't cheap ;)

Hertz StationPathanIndependentL433 ls22 hours101.00 ly
McMonagle PortPathanFederationL121 ls3 hours101.00 ly
Qureshi CityBondransesAllianceL964 ls5 hours108.81 ly
Kuhn StationWolf 186AllianceL754 ls40 mins112.18 ly

I tried a short range flak cannon build, and the damage output is insane, but for some reason Flak Cannon Turret range is way way shorter than normal. And pretty much all you can do when ships run is wave. Having a couple to mangle fighters that get in close is a pretty good idea though. The big multi cannon turrets can struggle to follow those. And shotgun carnage is always fun. :)
On the shotgun build idea... I discovered that the Guardian Shard Cannon matches up pretty well with the flak cannons, and do thermal dmg. They are amazing at stripping shields of a ship. But their range sucks just like the Flak Cannon does.... i love the build but get much better mileage out of Multicannon turrets. And long range is your friend.

so closest to Readdy with Li Yong-Rui faction (gives 15% discount off the price of the ship, better than the 10% at Jameson: Regular cost is 124,755,342 with the 15% discount should be 106,042,040

Hertz StationPathanIndependentL433 ls22 hours101.00 ly
McMonagle PortPathanFederationL121 ls3 hours101.00 ly
Qureshi CityBondransesAllianceL964 ls5 hours108.81 ly
Kuhn StationWolf 186AllianceL754 ls40 mins112.18 ly

I tried a short range flak cannon build, and the damage output is insane, but for some reason Flak Cannon Turret range is way way shorter than normal. And pretty much all you can do when ships run is wave. Having a couple to mangle fighters that get in close is a pretty good idea though. The big multi cannon turrets can struggle to follow those. And shotgun carnage is always fun. :)
On the shotgun build idea... I discovered that the Guardian Shard Cannon matches up pretty well with the flak cannons, and do thermal dmg. They are amazing at stripping shields of a ship. But their range sucks just like the Flak Cannon does.... i love the build but get much better mileage out of Multicannon turrets. And long range is your friend.

Hey Wargrum! long time to see!

Yeah turrets won't start firing till half the actual range . That's why I just have the two size 2s.. they're shotguns, they're for up close and personal. Usually for those annoying eagles that like to buzz over top of me, it's usually just pieces that end up on the other side

Just want to note too that I'm not much of a bounty hunter or anything, my weapons are for defence mainly (I'm triple elite already, nothing to prove ;) ) so if they want to run... they can run, and they really should.

Heh I've still got a ways to go on my combat rank. I keep coming back to the T-10 to try and make it work for me as a battlewagon, and the speed always bites me. Its about my only frustration with this ship... all those awesome looking engines and no straightline speed at all. :LOL:

Always puzzles me why I'm so fond of this big lug. All my other favourite ships tend to be small ones.

Heh I've still got a ways to go on my combat rank. I keep coming back to the T-10 to try and make it work for me as a battlewagon, and the speed always bites me. Its about my only frustration with this ship... all those awesome looking engines and no straightline speed at all. :LOL:

Always puzzles me why I'm so fond of this big lug. All my other favourite ships tend to be small ones.
Because it's the best ship! ;)

tactical note for getting combat elite: Load her up with 2 size 3 AX MC turrets and 2 size 2 AX MC turrets, all on the top. keep anything else, I like to keep my 3 rails on the front and bottom. .Go hunting thargoid scouts in Non Human Signals 4. each scout counts as an elite pilot.

Then, just keep the scout you have targeted in the upper hemisphere of your ship. those AX MCs will rip the scouts to shreds. The rail guns are to keep me from getting bored ;)

Heh - I've smashed a few scouts with the Guardian Shard Cannons (which I was very fond of for a while). Tried to go hunting Thargoid Cyclops with a buddy once (he had a Corvette). It was comedy gold. Neither ship was fast enough to stay out of range of the damn thing, so even after we (sort of) figured out what we were doing with the swarm, we still got smashed up by all its short range defensive options. :LOL:

We had a great time though - even if we were utterly ineffective and almost lost our ships on several occasions. "Run awaaaay!" was the battle cry of the evening.

I can't say no to certain buffs to that ship, as it does feel a bit on weaker side compared to big three. I do not agree with mass decrease, however. What I would do is just buff hull strength, and let it have shield near max value possible ~9k MJ preferably or even more, and maybe even further incease the mass of the ship, while cut on speed a bit more.

But overall, Type-10 is absolutely solid for most PVE content. If you enjoy piloting it, there are no activities you should have any issues with, especially engineered. We just have to accept that very microscopic number of ships can be viable for things like PVP or AX Combat, where metas are extremely tight and rather dumbed down, and it will never change.

Personally I actively pilot T9 (non-combat only), and enjoying it quite a lot, can't really ask for any buffs to it.

This was designed as a thargoid killer, it should be able to do something no other ships can because of this.

How about allow it to be the only ship which can have unlimited AX and guardian weapons.

That will make it unique

Top Bottom