UA Mystery thread 4 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
i've just turned of my wave scaner to "listen" to the planet i'm on, i hear some very low morse code, and some humming... does this is normal to any of you?

(I think i'm going crazy right now...)

Last edited:
Good it confirms its a POI..

I just wonder how they can give a mission out without giving any information or history as to where they've been found before.

Last question would be - DO YOU NEED THE MISSION for them to be found?

Last edited:
Ok, so I managed to scrape together enough credits on my second account to outit an Adder. I'm going to pick up a UA and check the demand at Walker survey. I might check out other stations too of I have the time (the affected, but functional ones).

Last edited:
Horizons.

Michael

Interesting. Not to give away the answer or anything, just a technical curiosity... aside from the whole planetary landing/exploration aspect do non Horizons player get shut out of any commodities or items? In other words are there commodities that you have to be on terra firma to get and because of this not owning Horizons pretty much makes it impossible for you to obtain them? That is of course disregarding the possibility of attacking a ship carrying an item in space and stealing their cargo.

Thanks!

And so the search begins.. and undoubtedly someone will find them now. Mark this thread down and if within 2 weeks nobody finds one you can force me to use my Orville Reddenbocker avatar again for being wrong..

Why two weeks? I don't understand this. Why would this prove that something has been changed?
People started searching for Meta-Alloys over 2 weeks ago, which means that it will have been a month of searching within the next two weeks, that seems like a reasonable length of time to have found something. It proves absolutely nothing if someone finds it within the next two weeks.

More importantly, why does there have to be a bug? Why did you get this idea in your head in the first place? What evidence is there that there was a bug that was subtly fixed?

Interesting. Not to give away the answer or anything, just a technical curiosity... aside from the whole planetary landing/exploration aspect do non Horizons player get shut out of any commodities or items? In other words are there commodities that you have to be on terra firma to get and because of this not owning Horizons pretty much makes it impossible for you to obtain them? That is of course disregarding the possibility of attacking a ship carrying an item in space and stealing their cargo.

Thanks!

I think it was already informed before Horizons release that there would be new planet based commodities that would not be accessible to non-Horizons Cmdr's, which I think makes sense... But can't remember the source though or if my memory might be playing tricks on me...

Thanks!

I don't think you can even get the mission unless you have Horizons. They start at ground installations.

I'm sorry if this has been asked already, but did someone try dropping an UA in Merope? I mean exiting SC next to Merope and releasing the UA there.

EDIT: Engrish.

Last edited:
I'm sorry is this has been asked already, but did someone try dropping an UA in Merope, I mean exiting SC next to Merope and releasing the UA there.

Only a million times since immediately after we discovered the "pointing to Merope" behavior. :D
And yes, it points to the star's center. From anywhere in the system. ;)

That's a few more than expected.

Indeed. Just got to Hinz Hub now and demand is 12,485. Perhaps this is the thing... if demand is high, it means the black market contact has buyers lined up, so they end up being passed on. If demand is met, they start being stockpiled and causing more issues. Though that would not explain why Hinz hub is affected and Walker survey is not, unless the demand resets after the issues start. Hmm...

Off to Ray Gateway next.

Last edited:
I'm sorry if this has been asked already, but did someone try dropping an UA in Merope? I mean exiting SC next to Merope and releasing the UA there.

EDIT: Engrish.

Just did that yesterday, nothing happened, and i'm pretty sure this has already been done a million times before ;)

Also tried to place an UA right beside some outcrops and meteroids on the surface and then shooting at them, but also with no results. Did that on several planets in the Merope system.

Another thing.. some days ago i was also pretty curious about that misspelled barnacle file in the game folders so i also took a look at the filenames and there was some very little information i found which might be helpful.
Not sure if this is "legal" information, so i'll put it into spoilers (as mentioned, i only looked at the filenames and didnt try to open or decrypt any files). Nevertheless, it didn't helped me so far ;)

* removed spoiler because it won't work on mobiles..

Last edited:
Just did that yesterday, nothing happened, and i'm pretty sure this has already been done a million times before ;)

Also tried to place an UA right beside some outcrops and meteroids on the surface and then shooting at them, but also with no results. Did that on several planets in the Merope system.

Another thing.. some days ago i was also pretty curious about that misspelled barnacle file in the game folders so i also took a look at the filenames and there was some very little information i found which might be helpful.
Not sure if this is "legal" information, so i'll put it into spoilers (as mentioned, i only looked at the filenames and didnt try to open or decrypt any files). Nevertheless, it didn't helped me so far ;)

What that tells us is the you know what are a POI and have a 'seed' information required for POI to appear, for example.

Spawn a POI if planet = x conditions 1 in every 5,000 POI spawns

Spoiler tags do not work on Mobiles. Please Dont.

So somebody tried to push an UA into Meope's star, already?

IMO the UAs are some kind of polyp, they'll settle somewhere (on a planet's surface) and transform to 'large barnacles' after that. These barnacles are made of meta-alloy.

I'm really excited in the spread of probes far away from the human bubble -> the article in GalNet confirms that it's not a bug :)

So somebody tried to push an UA into Meope's star, already?

IMO the UAs are some kind of polyp, they'll settle somewhere (on a planet's surface) and transform to 'large barnacles' after that. These barnacles are made of meta-alloy.

I'm really excited in the spread of probes far away from the human bubble -> the article in GalNet confirms that it's not a bug :)

Unfortunately the article on galnet was written by a player so it still most likely is just lazy POI placement.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom