UAs, Barnacles and other mysteries Thread 8 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
well this is all very interesting. Space based eh?

Some surface-based eh?

Whatever space location might be important, it's reasonable to assume the broadcast from the UP helps us with that right?

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

If you're going to Quote MB, please QUOTE it. No paraphrasing please, you're killing both kittens and babies like that :)

Meow wah *bump*

Last edited:

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
One question for Michael if he could be so kind. This I think is important because it will determine who will really be able to participate.

Is the next step in the process something anyone can do? Is it simple enough most players could achieve it? Or does it continue to require outside programs, math etc?

How accessible is the next part of the puzzle?

(Reason being my math skills suck, my geometry is good but I'd rather someone narrow the parameters and then let the bulk of us explorers go out and search for the next piece with guidelines. That is the ultimate fun for people who like to look and explore for new things)

You need to stop asking Michael for answers all the time, but more importantly you need to stop saying you're going to ask 1 question and then asking 4 or more different questions. So that on the vague occurrences when he does respond you don't send hours (like last time) trying to pick apart what part of your ramblings he was answering.

You say anyone can do, then you say most players, then you assert that most can't do maths. Coherence.

From the latest patch notes:

"Reduced the timing interval on the probe to bring the total transmission down to just over 6 mins"

What could this mean do you think? it's from the audio department...

Was just about to post about that. Sounds like we missed something if the 'transmission' is just over 6 minutes long. So do we assume we haven't heard the whole thing yet? Or that the purrs/whale noise section is the transmission?

"Reduced the timing interval on the probe to bring the total transmission down to just over 6 mins"

If they mean audio from alien probe, it means we can get signal with much more resolution.

Was just about to post about that. Sounds like we missed something if the 'transmission' is just over 6 minutes long. So do we assume we haven't heard the whole thing yet? Or that the purrs/whale noise section is the transmission?

I have that on my clipboard to paste

So we dont have the full picture then?

That's got to be the standard audio of the probe - howl/chirp.

Is there something we've not heard yet because it's not been heard long enough yet...

not exactly a stunning conclusion, but...

ninja'd me lol

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
I've always wondered that myself. Anyone knows why?
Merope 6 should be orbiting the Main Star: instead it is orbiting Merope 5, while it is called Merope 6.

It is orbiting the main star, it's just 5 and 6 are orbiting a barycenter that orbits the main star. There are plenty of planets in the game that look like 5 and 6 do in the system map.

I saw this, I think they didn't account for the probes degradation, so after the patch there might be some new audio from the probes.

Noticed that as well: I think it is about the NORMAL UP transmission:

And that's because a Canister LIFE is 6 minutes: I can assume the total transmission of the UP now lasts more than 6 minutes, so we were not able to hear all of it.
Now it will be 6 minutes.
Time to record it all again, and check the purrs.

Last edited:
That's got to be the standard audio of the probe - howl/chirp.

Is there something we've not heard yet because it's not been heard long enough yet...

not exactly a stunning conclusion, but...

ninja'd me lol

I'm going to take a guess and say the standard audio also. The purr/whale, howl/chirp. Because the UA had a much shorter interval between each one. So maybe to point it out to us that we were missing something in it, they changed the timing to make it more noticeable after the patch?

And that's because a Canister LIFE is 6 minutes: I can assume the total transmission of the UP last more than 6 minutes, so we were not able to hear all of it.

Haha. Ninja'd me.

You need to stop asking Michael for answers all the time, but more importantly you need to stop saying you're going to ask 1 question and then asking 4 or more different questions. So that on the vague occurrences when he does respond you don't send hours (like last time) trying to pick apart what part of your ramblings he was answering.

You say anyone can do, then you say most players, then you assert that most can't do maths. Coherence.

How about you concentrate on your own comments instead of criticizing other people's? Or hey.. maybe focus on the actual mystery instead? Isn't that what this thread is about?

A very small percentage of the work force actually needs to use math beyond adding and subtracting. Go do some research and look up the statistics. Most people when they get out of school will start to lose their skills and never need them again. I think that tells you something about your age, and mine. I took calculus in high school, and never needed it again.

i have read a few times you need to have a particular type of cargo hold to stop the probe from damaging your ship, how do i go about getting said cargo hold? i heard it has something to do with the meta alloy and one of the engineers but i cant seem to find it on the front page, can anyone point me in the right direction please.

BE CAREFUL!
Or he will add you on his ignore list! :D :D :D

How about you concentrate on your own comments instead of criticizing other people's? Or hey.. maybe focus on the actual mystery instead? Isn't that what this thread is about?

A very small percentage of the work force actually needs to use math beyond adding and subtracting. Go do some research and look up the statistics. Most people when they get out of school will start to lose their skills and never need them again. I think that tells you something about your age, and mine. I took calculus in high school, and never needed it again.

TOO LATE::: :D :D :D

Moreover, now that MB replied one of his questions, we are doomed forevaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah......

Last edited:
i have read a few times you need to have a particular type of cargo hold to stop the probe from damaging your ship, how do i go about getting said cargo hold? i heard it has something to do with the meta alloy and one of the engineers but i cant seem to find it on the front page, can anyone point me in the right direction please.

Hope you enjoy the grind! You need to Rank up with Elvira martuuk until you are rank 3.5 or so, then you'll need to have the Sirius system permit, and give 25 modular terminals to Marco Qwent, and level HIM up to about tier 3.5, then he'll mention professor Palin, who will let you buy the racks once you have been 5,000LY from your starting position.

Simples ;)

Hope you enjoy the grind! You need to Rank up with Elvira martuuk until you are rank 3.5 or so, then you'll need to have the Sirius system permit, and give 25 modular terminals to Marco Qwent, and level HIM up to about tier 3.5, then he'll mention professor Palin, who will let you buy the racks once you have been 5,000LY from your starting position.

Simples ;)

Nice one bud, a bit long winded to do at such a stage in teh search for whatever it is we are looking for but meh i have to start somewhere :-D

i agree you should stick with 1 question so as not to get confused with the response,i also agree someone shouldnt tell you what to ask or whom

And that's because a Canister LIFE is 6 minutes: I can assume the total transmission of the UP now lasts more than 6 minutes, so we were not able to hear all of it.

Play the whole probe audio at around 2-3 times speed would you, you can hear the distinct difference in the pitch of them at that speed as the purs turn into a short horn honk. Same thing for the UA.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom