UAs, Barnacles and other mysteries Thread 8 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
The 2.1 patch introduced space areas (e.g. ship lines, orbital space around bodies etc), so yeah, even pointing to 5c, it could be just related to the 3-4Ls close to the planet (when the left/down indicator says you are close to that body). We can't tell yet if the mystery involves planet landing.

yes of course but it depends on what theory you believe i believe it to be planet based so until proven otherwise i`ll go with that :D

Michael has also said in the update thread that we will be able to see mat types from the surface scanner now too!

The surface scan data for materials being shown in the system map was missing from the change log - now added to the original post.

Michael

yes of course but it depends on what theory you believe i believe it to be planet based so until proven otherwise i`ll go with that :D

The current Unknown Probe / Unknown Artefact mystery is space based. The next stage of it however may not be. As per FDev comments ;)

you can stop to destroy your brains on it, guys...

now i know what the probe message is.

it's the preview of the new surface scanner :.(! )

Last edited:
The current Unknown Probe / Unknown Artefact mystery is space based. The next stage of it however may not be. As per FDev comments ;)

This is what makes me think the answer to the image will lead us to a system that isn't Merope, but Merope 5c is the crucial le piece that we must work with *somehow*

Has it occurred to anyone that the reason we are having difficulty in getting more UPs is that we no longer need them, as we have obtained all the information we are likely to need from them already.
[noob]

Another unconfirmed possible maybe sighting of a Wild UP (or Anomaly Threat 0 which looks like it could be it)
The location is very vague, so I wont bore you with the 30 or systems it MIGHT be in. Its on Discord for anyone with a lot of spare time.

here's a proposal:

1. get an anaconda
2. get 2-3 SRVs to land on it(either on top or the conda would go upside down to show its belly)
3. create a wave scanner arc
4. fly at the highest possible speed so the SRVs wont be dropped

I'm sorry, I should have been clearer. My comment was not intended to be a random set of instructions that I followed, but rather another experiment I tried which was not successful.

I am following up on my prior experiment (https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...ad-8-The-Canonn/page152?p=4271121#post4271121). I realized another interpretation for the two marks in the lower left quadrant was a compass angle instead of latitude lines.

If that is the case, and straight "North" on the image is compass point 0 degrees, then the instructions could be in step 3 to get out in an SRV, and in step 4 to drive the the direction indicated in the lower left hand quadrant of the image, which looks to be about bearing 315 degrees (about halfway between the bearing of 270 degrees, and the straight north bearing of 360 or 0 degrees). This makes some sense to me, as I am inclined to believe the the SRV will be involved because since the Horizons update I feel like FD has been pushing SRV use as part of pushing buying the Horizons season pass.

So, I tried landing at 0 degrees lat, and 0 degrees long at a bearing of 315 degrees on compass, and after maybe 10 or twenty minutes, found nothing of note. I wanted to share this in case someone else was thinking of doing the same thing to save others some time.

Have you notice that in the update:

- Reduced the timing interval on the probe to bring the total transmission down to just over 6 mins

what does it mean exactly ???

Maybe the image in the post-honk broadcast tells you how to decode the pre-honk song? Perhaps a cooincidence, but the voyager golden record included guidelines on the correct rotation speed for playback in binary (and the waveform guide and "house" thing also looks a bit like that "<" symbol off to the left).

Can't embed SVG images but check out the Voyager golden record playback guide.

Last edited:
Even if my theory about overlaying the diagram over merope 5c is wrong I still think a UP ( if one can be obtained) should be taken to another planet in a another system with known barnacles and then scanned. Possibly with a UA in tow as well.

That would be a good test of a testable theory

Anyone able to get out to Elephant's Trunk and confirm / deny that guy was telling the truth?

Also anyone have the most accurate version of morse for the blinking lights of the UP? The SEER string?

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom