UAs, Barnacles and other mysteries Thread 8 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
No coordinate have changed.
i'm talking about the axis of the planet. (As there are 3. But 2 of them suddenly highly changed)

i'm sure that Frontier perfectly understand what i'm talking about.

As far as I know, the latest patch included a reference to some calculations broken (crashing) when the axial tilt was xx due to division errors. Might have been the cause of the change.

Arguendo

Volunteer Moderator
Hm. So I'm not quite awake enough to work on this yet, so maybe someone here can do it. Someone on discord this morning posted a link to this video.

At around 16:20 is something that sounds like morse. I've seen this CMDR post around here before. It was not him who posted it on discord. Not sure if its a troll or not?
The Morse reads: I AM ALL ALONE IS ANYONE RECEIVING THIS

I'm not sure that what Mr. Brooks said means that the puzzle is specifically space based, just that the UAs and UPs themselves(as i understand from his quote) are space based. He did say other aspects involve the surface. To me this means that there is part of the puzzle that does infact involve the surface. Or have I missed something said elsewhere?

Well, we have seen UAs spawning in the surface, so..

As far as I know, the latest patch included a reference to some calculations broken (crashing) when the axial tilt was xx due to division errors. Might have been the cause of the change.

Well, the point is that before the X axis was ~15,78° on the X axis and ~10° on the Y axis.

Now it's 2° on the X and 15.6° on the Y which is totaly different than before.
And it's look like there was also a 180° on the Z (not sure)

So with a such difference, it's sure that it's not a "division fix".

Now the problem is that if the axis of merope is involved in the problem resolution, then all the work done until now have to be remade.
Also, If it's an error from the devellopers then all the work did from now would lead to a fail. EVEN if the solution was right.
Then it will lead to a "give up" of a solution that could be good.

i just want M. Brooke to confirm that we can work and find the solution with the Actual Axis or not ???

Last edited:

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Well, the point is that before the X axis was ~15,78° on the X axis and ~10° on the Y axis.

Now the problem is that if the axis of merope is involved in the problem resolution, then all the work done until now have to be remade.
Also, If it's an error from the devellopers then all the work did from now would lead to a fail. EVEN if the solution was right.

i just want M. Brooke to confirm that we can work and fond the solution with the Actual Axis or not ???

How are you working out what the axis are?

Well... it has been a long and fruitful night, so before I close out (ie: have a shower and go to bed) I hope Rizal is reading this, as I have to ask : what date do you come back from holidays?

I ask because I thought you might like to try to complete the actions specified in the message. I have not got the exact location on Merope 5c yet, but I should have it in about 35 hours or so, and the actual precise location will have to be determined before we can perform the action. And I thought you might like to be the one to pull the trigger - I just would like to be there and see it happen to see what happens next. I have some idea, but it would be nice to be surprised too.

BTW: I am also reasonably confident I know what the left panel message means (it is sideways - rotate 90 degrees clockwise)
I also know what the symbols in the four quadrants are.
I am reasonably confident I know what the curve in the upper left signifies
I am also reasonably confident I have worked out... the other phenomena, which I will not mention as it might give too much away :)

Since you said you are going on holidays, I am prepared to wait... but someone else might figure it out before then, so please reply with your thoughts.

Cheers
Rixaeton - and I don't care if anyone believes me or not.

Last edited:
Well... it has been a long and fruitful night, so before I close out (ie: have a shower and go to bed) I hope Rizal is reading this, as I have to ask : what date do you come back from holidays?

I ask because I thought you might like to try to complete the actions specified in the message. I have not got the exact location on Merope 5c yet, but I should have it in about 35 hours or so, and the actual precise location will have to be determined before we can perform the action. And I thought you might like to be the one to pull the trigger - I just would like to be there and see it happen to see what happens next. I have some idea, but it would be nice to be surprised too.

BTW: I am also reasonably confident I know what the left panel message means (it is sideways - rotate 90 degrees clockwise)
I also know what the symbols in the four quadrants are.
I am reasonably confident I know what the curve in the upper left signifies
I am also reasonably confident I have worked out... the other phenomena, which I will not mention as it might give too much away :)

Since you said you are going on holidays, I am prepared to wait... but someone else might figure it out before then, so please reply with your thoughts.

Cheers
Rixaeton - and I don't care if anyone believes me or not.
I'd like to say once you figure it out(Whatever is left you need to find) and after you've done whatever test you need too do, IT would be a good idea to release any info straight after so that other people can test(So even if lets say nothing happens) It could be buggy or someone else might get whatever to activate to work!

i just want M. Brooke to confirm that we can work and find the solution with the Actual Axis or not ???

Well... since the system map for Merope always listed the axis inclination as -15.78 degrees, I would say they fixed it to match what it should have been all along. I suspect the fix is actually to make sure the puzzle can be solved :)

It's a scam. Look at the guy's face and you can tell. He probably is playing the sound in the background from his computer. What a       .

Nope. Talked to him and he said he could not recreate it and since it didnt have a location, he couldnt do anything with it. He checked to make sure he didnt have any voice chats or anything open. Thought someone was messing with him.

We did discuss that it could be a remnant from the Jaques search.

I'd like to say once you figure it out(Whatever is left you need to find) and after you've done whatever test you need too do, IT would be a good idea to release any info straight after so that other people can test(So even if lets say nothing happens) It could be buggy or someone else might get whatever to activate to work!

Oh yes - if it works or doesn't work, I would still publish so others don't waste their time.

But it will work - by Sagan's Apple Pie it will! For Science!

... unless we get the timing wrong - it may even be a few seconds window to perform the action... which would suck as it would be 3.3 days before we could try again :(

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Nope. Talked to him and he said he could not recreate it and since it didnt have a location, he couldnt do anything with it. He checked to make sure he didnt have any voice chats or anything open. Thought someone was messing with him.

We did discuss that it could be a remnant from the Jaques search.

I was asked to have a look at it and I had it worked out as "Is anyone receiving this I am all alone" There's something about it that's vaguely familiar in the corners of my mind, but I can't jog it. It's been suggested it's to do with Buck Nekkid #MUG but as I said to him, if he didn't make it then there's a high change it's related to a news item in a nearby station. We know FD put stuff in them all the time that we haven't noticed.

Oh yes - if it works or doesn't work, I would still publish so others don't waste their time.

But it will work - by Sagan's Apple Pie it will! For Science!

... unless we get the timing wrong - it may even be a few seconds window to perform the action... which would suck as it would be 3.3 days before we could try again :(

Lol this is getting funnier and funnier.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom