UAs, Barnacles and other mysteries Thread 8 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Initially I kind of liked the net idea, but as some ships can jump right over it and even if you land in it, you only get scanned if you make a conscious effort, I think it has some holes. Geddit?

3302-08-10 16:27:00 Two attempts done 12,0 LS and 12,5 LS Distance to Singularity, Jump Target excatly behind, no effects, normal jumps
Next try, drop out of LS into normal space, Distance Singularity 30 Km -> the Event-Horizon is dealt with by on-board computer like a surface of ordinary body, it shadows the target.
Hence position my ship that way that the target was just (a scratch) above the Horizon, pointed my ship on center of Black Hole, loaded FSD and hit 100% thrust -> Heat Alarm *yawn* and the message in top right panel "You try to enter restricted Space" !!!!
Is that normal ?

Last edited:
Accidentally filmed an unknown (Probably DBX) ship while staring at the HIP 17000 B Black Hole.
The clip is edited, however the whole clip could be posted for further reference on demand. There where no ships on my scanners, went out in debug camera mode and suddenly a ship floated by, didn't notice before exiting debug cam where I did see a FSD residue. Tried to scan but it was inside the body exclusion zone of the black hole.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhNPkWYKYPE

Was just lurking around there with a UA in my cargo. Couldn't reproduce although I was interdicted a few times. You cant fly into a black hole either, you get stopped about 30KM away

Last edited:
Update to Feds in Pleiades Sector RO-Q B5-0 planet 4.

In addition to the Ajax in Orbit and Damocles on the surface, I have just found the FNS Neptune fairly close to the Damocles so there are at least 2 Barnacles on the planet (confirmed one guarded by Damocles)

EDIT: Just confirmed damaged barnacle at -23.3386, 71.5158

3TsRCyO.png

Last edited:
3302-08-10 16:27:00 Two attempts done 12,0 LS and 12,5 LS Distance to Singularity, Jump Target excatly behind, no effects, normal jumps
Next try, drop out of LS into normal space, Distance Singularity 30 Km -> the Event-Horizon is dealt with by on-board computer like a surface of ordinary body, it shadows the target.
Hence position my ship that way that the target was just (a scratch) above the Horizon, pointed my ship on center of Black Hole, loaded FSD and hit 100% thrust -> Heat Alarm *yawn* and the message in top right panel "You try to enter restricted Space" !!!!
Is that normal ?

Maybe it's restricted because you aren't carrying a UA/UP?

The older Elite hyperdrives (not the hydrogen powered FSDs we use now) could jump huge distances through witchspace. No blackholes needed to jump halfway across the universe, in fact the mass of a black hole would shorten the distance you travel because the way space needs to compress to enter and stay in witchspace.

Are you referring to the integer overflow distance calculation jumps / wormholes that happened in FE2? Basically when you go thousands of LY in a single jump and then back again at a slightly different angle to reach where you intended

VampyreGTX

Volunteer Moderator
CONGRATULATIONS CMDR!
You happen to be the 1.000.000 CMDR to say that.
You can PM me to obtain your earned prize: a limited edition bobblehead of an UA always pointing AWAY from Merope!

Cheers.

Wait... AWAY from Merope?! Can anyone else confirm this?! :eek:

***and that's how misinformation is spread! :x :D:D:D:D:D

hi guys long time no see !
i think i discovered something about the symbol hidden in the sound !
the Probe point to merope 5c right ? and the symbol looks like a planet right ?
ok now get a load at this : i think the answer was obvious from the moment we found the message ! it might be Merope 5C and those ... markings might be its characteristics or what is about to happen there !

hi guys long time no see !
i think i discovered something about the symbol hidden in the sound !
the Probe point to merope 5c right ? and the symbol looks like a planet right ?
ok now get a load at this : i think the answer was obvious from the moment we found the message ! it might be Merope 5C and those ... markings might be its characteristics or what is about to happen there !

No way!? :eek:

Please. Do go on.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom