UAs, Barnacles and other mysteries Thread 8 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Well I have a video of the head flash during the burst but I'm finding it a right pain to translate.

I can do frame by frame but determining if it's on or off is almost guesswork at some points, I thin because underneath the flashes the thing still pulses, so sometimes you aren't sure if it's on or off. :(

I don't think it will work. It demands sitting in camera debug mode, right? Debug mode to solve the puzzle? I don't think so.

I don't think it will work. It demands sitting in camera debug mode, right? Debug mode to solve the puzzle? I don't think so.
I've seen a video where the ship was pushed straight backwards, no debug mode required. The other point being.. 3rd party app used for spectral analysis to get the image to solve the puzzle.

A few have tried to extract Morse from the flashing and got "evdiseer" or "eiidiseer". Not exactly a eureka moment.

Last edited:
Sorry if I was being obtuse ( I blame Monday morning ) I was thinking that due to the similar orientation to the UA s the one place we know where the UPs point to more than just merope is between it and the UA shell. Which is why I like looking there. But the apparent lack of communication between the UA and UP is frustrating :)

Don't worry about it. You didn't get me mad or personally annoyed. I've seen it mentioned a lot and I want to be quick to shut down things MB has already confirmed. I hate doing it though because guys like you have great enthusiasm for this stuff which is what we need. I don't want to temper that, It just needs to be focused a bit more.

The important thing is we'll figure it out eventually. I'm still on my way out to Jacques so it's going to be a while before I can actively help again.

I've seen a video where the ship was pushed straight backwards, no debug mode required. The other point being.. 3rd party app used for spectral analysis to get the image to solve the puzzle.

Best my knowledge, Xbox doesn't have a debug mode, so requiring it would alienate that whole group of already slightly disgruntled users.

Is there any chance that the purrs coming from the UP/UA are similiar to the UA morse, in that it's a drawing? The short and long combinations match up to the spectro image, what if those symbols come together to form more drawings?

Regarding the purpose of these devices:
UA scans ships, drawing their models and sends the data. His goal - ships.
UP can be used to scan objects planetary system? As our discovery scanners. And is why it responds EMP-volley on the use of this scanner - the player's ship is making noise in its work.

Really not convinced about 1) Riz - to me they are the same as the UA purrs and there's not enough structure in there to represent anything. Seems to me MBs comment was suggesting we haven't figured out all the sonic image contains yet; not that there's more in the UPs ambient audio.

I hope I'm proved wrong - and no doubt there are many people who will continue to analyse the purrs to see what they can get out of them; but with no structure I see it more like the equivalent of numerology than anything concrete.

I tend to agree with you, if I have to be 100% honest.
What bothers me is that FD called it the UP transmission in the patch notes, and they've slightly changed it for some reason. WHY?

Point 2 still stands, anyway: there's a whole part of the drawing we're still missing. The left part.

The funny thing is they're probably technically right... but they didn't offer any evidence and it is mega rare if that even is true so... it's still worth next to nothing as a comment.

yeah it's not any more or less legit that the rest, it's just attitude. Go ahead and solve the mystery General, sounds like you're tired of waiting for us to do it.

yeah it's not any more or less legit that the rest, it's just attitude. Go ahead and solve the mystery General, sounds like you're tired of waiting for us to do it.

Agreed. It's like the whole ''I've found something but I'm not going to say what until me and my team of experts has triple confirmed it.''

How about don't do that, lol

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom